Limonene Polymers Market: Introduction
- Limonene epoxide (1, 2-limonene oxide) easily reacts with carbon dioxide inserted in a ring-opening copolymerization reaction and forms polycarbonates of exceptional chemical and physical properties.
- Limonene polymers are manufactured through the polymerization of bio-based raw materials through engineered industrial processes. Limonene polymers are usually manufactured from limonene derived from lemon, orange, pineapple and others.
- Limonene polymers provides better scratch resistance and has a softer surface as compared to other synthetic polymers.
- Primary applications of limonene polymers are in diverse sectors such as agriculture, textile, electronics, packaging, and healthcare.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Limonene Polymers Market
- The shift toward sustainable practices and growing environmental concerns are projected to drive the limonene polymers market. The limonene polymers market in Europe and North America is expanding at a rapid pace. Increasing intervention of FDA and related organizations, in terms of food safety, is largely promoting the usage of biodegradable and food grade plastics for beverage and snack consumption. Limonene polymers are majorly utilized in fruit and vegetable packaging in supermarkets, for bread bags and bakery boxes, bottles, envelopes and display carton windows, and shopping or carrier bags. Restaurant chains and food processing industries are increasingly adopting biodegradable materials for food packaging. Consumer awareness is also rising rapidly, especially in emerging economies, in terms of food safety, as some plastics are proven carcinogenic.
- However, the high cost of limonene polymers is projected to hamper the global limonene polymers market
Limonene Polymers Market: End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global limonene polymers market is divided into agriculture, textile, electronics, packaging, healthcare, and others
- The packaging segment is dominated the limonene polymers market
- Packaging is a prominent end-user segment of the market for limonene polymers. These polymers exhibit excellent clarity and gloss, resistance to food fats/oils, and aroma barrier. Additionally, they also provide stiffness, twist retention, and printability to the packaging.
Covid-19 Impact on Global Limonene Polymers Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- The limonene polymers market contracted, as it was affected due to disruptions in the global supply chain and volatility in raw material prices
- This situation arose due to a decline in demand from agriculture, textile, electronics, and packaging sectors. The market is also highly dependent on the fashion industry.
Europe to hold a leading share of Global Limonene Polymers Market
- In terms of region, the limonene polymers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is expected to hold a major share of the global limonene polymers market, followed by North America and Asia Pacific, during the forecast period
- Public awareness and government initiatives in the region have boosted the use of biodegradable polymers in carrier bags, food packaging, food services (cutlery, etc.), and organic waste caddy liners
- Various countries in the region have been focusing on offering more eco-friendly packaging. This has increased the demand for polylactic acid from the packaging sector.
- Currently, the packaging sector in the U.K. recorded annual sales of GBP 11 billion, and it employs more than 85,000 people
- It represents about 3% of the total manufacturing in the U.K., which is a major contributor to the country’s GDP
- Non-U.K.-based companies own much of the country’s packaging industry
- Rise in need for small size packaging and the increase in consumption habits with the change in lifestyles are anticipated to propel the demand for bio-based polymers during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Limonene Polymers Market
The limonene polymers market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the limonene polymers market include:
- BASF SE
- RAMPF Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- Covestro AG
- Cargill, Inc.
- Huntsman International LLC
- MCPU Polymer Engineering LLC
- WeylChem International GmbH
- Florida Chemical Company
Limonene Polymers Market: Research Scope
Limonene Polymers Market, by Source
Limonene Polymers Market, by End-user
Global Limonene Polymers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.