Lichen Planopilaris: An Inflammatory Scalp Disorder
- Lichen planopilaris is a medical condition that causes scarring hair loss. It causes swelling and irritation on the skin, nails, and mucous membrane. It forms lacy white patches on mucous membrane, while on the skin it appears as reddish color, itchy, and flat bumps.
- Lichen planopilaris replaces the hair follicle on skin with scarring. It is most common in women than men. It is two to five times more prevalent in women than men and affects adults in their mid-40s.
- Common symptoms of lichen planopilaris include itchy scalp, pain, burning, and scalp tenderness. It also causes painful sores in the mouth and genial parts.
- Generally, symptoms of lichen planopilaris disappear naturally in a few months. However, medical treatment is required where it affects the mucous membrane. Common treatments include corticosteroids, oral anti-infectives, immune response medicines, and antihistamines.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market
- The global lichen planopilaris drugs market is primarily driven by high prevalence of lichen planopilaris. Around 1% of the world’s population is affected by lichen planopilaris. People affected with hepatitis C are more susceptible to the condition. Hence, increase in the number of patients with hepatitis C is another key driver of the global lichen planopilaris drugs market.
- Anticipated launch of pipeline drugs during the forecast period is anticipated to contribute to the growth of the global lichen planopilaris drugs market
Corticosteroids Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on drug type, the global planopilaris drugs market can be divided into antihistamines, corticosteroids, anti-infection drugs, immunomodulators, and others. Corticosteroids is anticipated to be the leading segment during the forecast period.
- Corticosteroids are used as first-line treatment for lichen planopilaris and inflammatory disorders. Topical corticosteroid preparations are most commonly used in the treatment of the condition. Corticosteroid drugs are utilized to relieve the symptoms of itching and rashes.
- Immunomodulators are used in the treatment of severe cases of lichen planopilaris. Commonly used immunomodulators are azathioprine, mycophenolate, cyclosporine, and methotrexate.
- Antihistamine drugs are used to reduce itching, rashes, and redness of skin
Topical Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of route of administration, the global lichen planopilaris drugs market can be classified into oral, topical, and others. The topical segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Topical corticosteroids are the most commonly used and preferred route of administration for the treatment of lichen planopilaris
- Oral is likely to be fastest growing segment during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to be Rapidly Growing Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global lichen planopilaris drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- High prevalence of lichen planopilaris in adults and high awareness and easy availability of medications are expected to drive the lichen planopilaris drugs market in North America during the forecast period.
- The lichen planopilaris drugs market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to high prevalence of lichen planopilaris in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong, rapidly improving health care infrastructure, and significantly high infection rate of hepatitis C.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global lichen planopilaris drugs market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the shares. Key players operating in the global lichen planopilaris drugs market are:
- Sanofi S.A.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Mylan NV
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market, by Drug
- Anti-infective Drugs
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market, by Route of Administration
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.