Lichen Planopilaris: An Inflammatory Scalp Disorder
- Lichen planopilaris is a medical condition that causes scarring hair loss. It causes swelling and irritation on the skin, nails, and mucous membrane. It forms lacy white patches on mucous membrane, while on the skin it appears as reddish color, itchy, and flat bumps.
- Lichen planopilaris replaces the hair follicle on skin with scarring. It is most common in women than men. It is two to five times more prevalent in women than men and affects adults in their mid-40s.
- Common symptoms of lichen planopilaris include itchy scalp, pain, burning, and scalp tenderness. It also causes painful sores in the mouth and genial parts.
- Generally, symptoms of lichen planopilaris disappear naturally in a few months. However, medical treatment is required where it affects the mucous membrane. Common treatments include corticosteroids, oral anti-infectives, immune response medicines, and antihistamines.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market
- The global lichen planopilaris drugs market is primarily driven by high prevalence of lichen planopilaris. Around 1% of the world’s population is affected by lichen planopilaris. People affected with hepatitis C are more susceptible to the condition. Hence, increase in the number of patients with hepatitis C is another key driver of the global lichen planopilaris drugs market.
- Anticipated launch of pipeline drugs during the forecast period is anticipated to contribute to the growth of the global lichen planopilaris drugs market
Corticosteroids Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on drug type, the global planopilaris drugs market can be divided into antihistamines, corticosteroids, anti-infection drugs, immunomodulators, and others. Corticosteroids is anticipated to be the leading segment during the forecast period.
- Corticosteroids are used as first-line treatment for lichen planopilaris and inflammatory disorders. Topical corticosteroid preparations are most commonly used in the treatment of the condition. Corticosteroid drugs are utilized to relieve the symptoms of itching and rashes.
- Immunomodulators are used in the treatment of severe cases of lichen planopilaris. Commonly used immunomodulators are azathioprine, mycophenolate, cyclosporine, and methotrexate.
- Antihistamine drugs are used to reduce itching, rashes, and redness of skin
Topical Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of route of administration, the global lichen planopilaris drugs market can be classified into oral, topical, and others. The topical segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Topical corticosteroids are the most commonly used and preferred route of administration for the treatment of lichen planopilaris
- Oral is likely to be fastest growing segment during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to be Rapidly Growing Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global lichen planopilaris drugs market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- High prevalence of lichen planopilaris in adults and high awareness and easy availability of medications are expected to drive the lichen planopilaris drugs market in North America during the forecast period.
- The lichen planopilaris drugs market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to high prevalence of lichen planopilaris in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong, rapidly improving health care infrastructure, and significantly high infection rate of hepatitis C.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global lichen planopilaris drugs market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for majority of the shares. Key players operating in the global lichen planopilaris drugs market are:
- Sanofi S.A.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Mylan NV
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market, by Drug
- Anti-infective Drugs
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market, by Route of Administration
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Lichen Planopilaris Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.