Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market: Introduction
- Lewy body dementia (LBD) is the second-most common form of progressive dementia after Alzheimer’s disease. This is termed as dementia with protein deposits, known as Lewy bodies. These Lewy bodies are deposited in the region of the brain that is responsible for thinking, memory, and movement. Lewy body dementia causes a decline in mental abilities resulting in various symptoms such as visual hallucinations, rigid muscles, tremors, and slow movement. Other symptoms include poor regulation of body functions, cognitive problems, sleep difficulties, and depression.
- LBD is the third-most common cause of dementia, thereby accounting for 5% to 10% of total cases. Lewy body is also estimated to be found in other brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market
Key Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities of Global Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market
- Rise in geriatric population and presence of key players in the market launching the drugs for managing dementia condition are few factors propelling the global Lewy body dementia treatment market. As per research, 40% of Parkinson’s patients are likely to suffer from Parkinson’s dementia disease after the age of 60. In China, the geriatric population is estimated to increase by 30% by 2040. This is expected to drive the demand for efficient treatment of LBD during the forecast period.
- Robust research & development and investments in the same would drive the development of biologics and other advanced therapies for the management of LBD, which in turn is anticipated to propel the global market in the near future.
- Lewy body dementia is a progressive disease which accounted for the 10% to 15% of the total cases of dementia. In the U.K., as per research, among 100 dementia patients, 10 to 15 patients suffer from LBD and hence, this statistic is estimated to boost the Lewy body dementia treatment market.
- Underdiagnosis and late diagnosis of LBD in the geriatric population is likely to hinder the treatment for the same. Furthermore, there is no cure for LBD, which is estimated to be a key factor restraining the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market
- North America is expected to account fora major share of the global lewy body dementia treatment attributable to a rise in the geriatric population, an increase in prevalence of dementia, rise in patient burden suffering from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, and technological advancements. Moreover, presence of key market players; availability of drugs to manage LBD; awareness created by various companies, associations & governments; and well-established healthcare infrastructure are major factors boosting the market in the region. As per National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Strokes, in 2019, an estimated 1.4 million people in the U.S. are likely to suffer from lewy body dementia, which includes Parkinson’s disease dementia.
- The Lewy body dementia treatment market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Underdiagnosis of neurological conditions, such as dementia, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s disease in the region, and an increase in the geriatric population in China, Japan, South Korea, and India are expected to augment the Lewy body dementia treatment market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market
The global Lewy body dementia treatment market is highly fragmented with the presence of various key small- and medium-sized players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global lewy body dementia market are:
- BioArctic AB
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- Axovant Sciences Ltd.
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Immungenetics AG
- Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc
- Bayer AG
Global Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Cholinesterase Inhibitors
- Antipsychotic Drugs
Global Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market, by Application
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson disease dementia
Global Lewy Body Dementia Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.