Global LED Phosphor Market: Overview
The demand within the global LED Phosphor market is set to increase in the times to follow. The use of chemical analysis to evaluate the potential of Phosphor in LED technology has given an impetus to market maturity. The chemical research industry has caused formidable disruptions across the lighting industry, developing a launch pad to develop new technologies. The use of Phosphor has increased across several industries, mainly due to the distinct properties of the substance. The presence of phosphor can enhance the performance of LEDs. Furthermore, the need for using light-absorbing materials has created humongous demand within the global LED Phosphor market. In the contemporary times, the total volume of revenues within the global LED Phosphor market is set to increase.
In this review, Transparency Market Research (TMR) unleashes a multitude of trends that have aided the growth of the global LED Phosphor market. LED technologies have become a part of the energy sector. Scientists have acknowledged the use of LEDs to ensure efficient lighting across key premises. The adoption rate of LED technologies been commendable in recent years. Chemical analysis of Phosphor has attracted the attention of the researchers in recent times.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global LED Phosphor Market: Notable Developments
Several trends pertaining to the energy sector have paved way for key developments within the global LED Phosphor market.
- LED architectures are under study across several institutes and research organizations. Packaged LEDs have become a part of several industries, and there is rising focus on surveying and analysing their efficiency. In a recent survey conducted by Maury Wright, it was found that the use of packaged LEDs for specific component architectures shall help in improving light quality. The mid-power segment is slated to attract increased demand for LED Phosphor in the times to follow. Relevance of LED technologies for solid-state lighting (SSL) shall play a defining role in propelling sales across the market.
- The vendors operating in the global LED Phosphor market are focusing on investing in research and development to ensure optimal utilization of LED technology. There has been an increase in demand for LEDs across several industries, and the market vendors can leverage this trend to their advantage.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
- Intematix Corporation
- Yuji International Co. Ltd.
- Nichia Corporation
- Denka Co. Ltd.
Global LED Phosphor Market: Growth Drivers
- High Luminescence of LEDs
The relevance of LED technologies in the contemporary times cannot be underestimated. There is increasing focus on the use of light emitting diodes for improving the standards of energy discharge and provision. The energy sector has been focusing on developing new technologies that minimize the cost of producing light. LEDs have emerged as the most viable technology for producing luminescent light technologies. Furthermore, the need to transform visible light into multiple forms has also created increased demand for LEDs. In light of the factors mentioned above, it is safe to expect the global LED Phosphor market would tread along a lucrative pathway in the years to follow.
- Use of LED in Key Industries
The past decade has witnessed an alarming decline in the availability of natural resources. This has caused several disruptions in the energy sector. The energy sector is emphasizing on the use of efficient and optimized technologies to ensure judicious use of resources. The use of LED technologies for lighting has played an integral role in driving sales across the global LED Phosphor market. There is humongous demand for LED lighting in keys sectors such as hospitals, chemical centers, banks, and residential complexes. Henceforth, the demand dynamics of the LED Phosphor market shall improve in the years to follow.
The basic element used in LEDs is phosphorous that is responsible for light emission. With increasing use of LEDs in number of applications, there is increased demand for construction of LEDs, and hence increasing requirement for LED phosphor. LEDs offer increased efficiency and lifetime as compared to other light sources and hence, they are highly preferred lighting technology in most of the countries.
Although LED industry is booming in demand, there are certain challenges faced by this industry:
- Unpleasant warmth or coolness
- Poor color rendering compared to conventional incandescent bulbs
- Variation in LED color temperature with viewing angle
Research and development is been done by most manufacturers to overcome these challenges. This is also serving as an opportunity for the LED manufacturers designing LED lighting phosphors that influence LED color temperatures and color rendering.
LED phosphor market is growing considerably and this growth is expected to rise tremendously in upcoming years owing to the advantages like reduced energy consumption and CO2 emission. This industry is forecasted to reach 1,350 billion over the year 2015 with the compounded annual growth rate of 29% during the forecasted period.
Based on End Use Applications
- Portable PCs (Netbooks)
- LCD TV
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments and major geographies. Geographies analyzed under this research report are
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of current market trends, industry growth drivers, factors affecting market growth, industry structure, and market projections for upcoming years. Report also provides analysis of recent developments in industry, Porter’s five force model analysis, and complete company profiles of top market players. This research report includes review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Some of the key players dominating this market are Avago Technologies, Citizen Electronics Co. Ltd., Cree Inc., Epistar Corporation, Everlight Electronics Co. Ltd., General Electric Company, Edison Opto Corporation, Nichia Corporation, Philips Lumileds Lighting Company, Seoul Semiconductor Co. Ltd., Stanley Electric Co. Ltd., OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc., Universal Display Corporation, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- It provides comprehensive analysis of major market players and their strategies
- This research report helps in making informed business decisions by making in-depth analysis of market trends and major industry segments
- This research report provides forward looking perspective on major factors driving and restraining market growth
- It provides complete outlook of market and its future
- It provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on market
- It provides pin-point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in understanding competitive environment and key product segments
- It provides information about innovative product developments and helps you stay updated with technological changes in market
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.