Learning Disabilities Treatment Market
Learning Disabilities Treatment Market (Disease Type: Auditory Processing Disorder [APD], Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, Language Processing Disorder, and Others; Treatment: Assistive Technology Tools [Personal Listening Devices, Sound Field Systems, and Others], Handwriting Training Tools [Portable Word Processors, Proofreading Software, and Others], Therapy [Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Others], and Others; and End User: Home Care, Specialty Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
ATT Creates Several Opportunities in Learning Disabilities Treatment Alternatives
Assistive technology tools (ATT) are acquiring popularity in the learning disabilities treatment market with the help of special software that address learning difficulties of children. Since many parents learn that their children require learning disabilities (LD) treatment at a very young age, ATT is gaining prominence among kids. This is evident since the revenue of ATT is projected to surge aggressively during the forecast period. Hence, companies in the market for learning disabilities treatment are increasing their R&D activities to develop software that converts speech into text for children with writing difficulties. They are increasing their focus in the development of abbreviation expanders and alternative keyboards to tap revenue opportunities.
Companies in the learning disabilities treatment market are innovating in audio books and publications by increasing the availability of recorded books and MP3 downloads that allow users to listen to text. They are customizing special playback units that allow users to conveniently search and bookmark pages.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Learning Disabilities Treatment Market
AR Accelerates Diagnosis and Treatment of Dyslexia in Children
Augmented reality (AR) is gaining strong foothold in the learning disabilities treatment market to help dyslexic individuals overcome their limitations. This explains why the learning disabilities treatment market is estimated to progress at a favorable CAGR of ~6% throughout the forecast period.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
High prevalence of learning disorders among individuals has fueled the demand for AR. As such, dyslexia is one of the prime disease type in the market for learning disabilities treatment and its revenue is predicted for exponential growth during the forecast period. This trend is catalyzed with the introduction of AR, which is helping to diagnose and treat dyslexia faster. Researchers in the learning disabilities treatment market are innovating in AR interfaces for students between the age group of 6-10 years to help improve their reading and writing disorders.
Frailty Score Leaves Learning Disabled and Autistic Patients Vulnerable to Coronavirus
Frailty score of autistic and learning disabled people has become the deciding factor for provision of critical care treatment in the midst of the continuously surging coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic across the global learning disabilities treatment market. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), U.K. had been threatened with legal prosecution for asking doctors to assess patients with learning disabilities, autism, and other restrictive conditions as scoring high for frailty. According to NICE, adults and individuals irrespective of any age who score more than five on a scale of nine-point frailty scoring system were less likely to be eligible for access toward critical care services.
Coronavirus has left many disabled individuals in the global learning disabilities treatment market feeling neglected. Being one of the most vulnerable groups of individuals that could be exposed to the fatal virus, there is a need for special care for individuals requiring learning disabilities treatment.
Storytelling and Collaborative Training Resources Improve Patient Quality of Life
The learning disabilities treatment market is poised to reach a value of ~US$ 6 Bn by the end of 2027. However, certain challenges such as non-encouraging and negative emotional reactions of healthcare professionals are costing the patient his quality of life. As such, children and adults requiring learning disabilities treatment are more likely to experience health inequalities. Moreover, reduced access to good-quality healthcare services poses as one of the major barriers for growth of the learning disabilities treatment market. Hence, student learning disability nurses, academics, and individuals with LD are setting their collaboration wheels in motions to create the abundance of training resources.
With the help of insightful training resources, student nurses are able to overcome the social stigma associated with LD and inculcate positive attitudes among LD individuals. Thus, collaborative training resources are educating student nurses about views, experiences, and opinions of individuals necessitating learning disabilities treatment. These collaborative measures such as the storytelling method is instrumental for the delivery of patient-centric education to individuals.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Since nurses are considered as one of the most important frontline healthcare professionals during the current COVID-19 outbreak, several LD patients share their responsibility with nurses who are in need of specialized patient care. However, numerous nurses are reported to have insufficient skills and training, leading to avoidance of crucial healthcare tasks required to improve patient outcomes. Hence, companies should increase awareness about collaborative training resources that help student nurses to create photobooks by documenting real experiences of LD individuals. AR interfaces such as the Microsoft Hololens are considered as one of the most important game changers in the treatment of dyslexic individuals.
Learning Disabilities Treatment Market: Overview
- The global learning disabilities treatment market was valued at US$ 3.3 Bn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a considerable CAGR from 2019 to 2027. Learning disability can be defined as significant reduction in the ability to understand complex or new information; difficulty in learning new skills; and a reduced ability to cope independently.
- The growth of the market can be attributed to rise in prevalence of learning disabilities, increase in enrollment of students with special needs, government focus on enhancing care for the people with learning disabilities, efforts on increasing awareness, and technological advances leading to availability of a range assistive technology tools for aiding the learning process in people with learning disabilities.
- According to the Department of Education, in England, the key type of primary need among the pupils receiving special education was moderate learning difficulty, accounting for over 24% of the pupils enrolled annually. The next type of primary need among the pupils was speech, language, and communication needs, accounting for over 22%.
- This rise in the number of students requiring special education would create a demand for assistive technologies that help in the treatment of learning disabilities
Learning Disabilities Treatment: Market Segmentation
- The global learning disabilities treatment market has been segmented based on disease type, treatment, end user, and region
- In terms of disease type, the global learning disabilities treatment market has been categorized into auditory processing disorder (APD), dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyslexia, language processing disorder, and others
- Based on treatment, the global learning disabilities treatment market has been segregated into assistive technology tools (ATT), handwriting training tools, therapy, and others. The assistive technology tools segment is further sub-segmented into personal listening devices, sound field systems, and others. The handwriting training tools segment is further sub-segmented into portable word processor, proofreading software, and others. Therapy segment is further sub-segmented into occupational therapy, speech therapy, and others.
- Based on end user, the learning disabilities treatment market has been segmented into specialty centers, homecare, and others
Learning Disabilities Treatment Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global learning disabilities treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global learning disabilities treatment market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. According to the National Health Interview Survey, the number of children aged between 3 years and 17 years diagnosed with a developmental disability increased from 5.7% in 2014 to over 7% in 2016. According to the U.S. Department of Education, over 2.8 million students received education with specific learning disabilities in 2017, accounting for over 47% of the children receiving special education services.
- The learning disabilities treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. According to research, in Japan, an estimated 4.5% of the elementary and junior high school students are likely to exhibit dyslexia condition. In China, the estimated prevalence of dyslexia is considered to range from 4.5% to 8% among children.
Learning Disabilities Treatment Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global learning disabilities treatment market are
- Sonova Group
- Sensory, Inc.
- Vocalect Biometric Solutions, LLC
- Ginger Software, Inc
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Sight and Sound Technology
- Adaptive Tech Solutions, LLC
- Speech Therapy Works,
- Youth Living Skills
Learning Disabilities Treatment Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global learning disabilities treatment market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the global market during the forecast period i.e. from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall revenue of the global learning disabilities treatment market for the 2017–2027 period, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global learning disabilities treatment market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ disease type literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global learning disabilities treatment market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global learning disabilities treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global learning disabilities treatment market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global learning disabilities treatment market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include disease prevalence & incidence rate globally with key countries, overview of handwriting analysis tools in learning disabled patients & neuro degenerative patients (Parkinson's, Dementia), and diagnosis tools for dysgraphia condition in the global learning disabilities treatment market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global learning disabilities treatment market. Key players operating in the global learning disabilities treatment market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global learning disabilities treatment market report.
Key Questions Answered in Learning Disabilities Treatment Market Report
- How much sales revenue would be generated by learning disabilities treatment across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are key trends in the global learning disabilities treatment market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global learning disabilities treatment market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the most rapid CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which end user segment would generate the maximum revenue by 2027 and which disease type segment would expand at the most rapid CAGR during the forecast period?
Learning Disabilities Treatment Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global learning disabilities treatment market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global learning disabilities treatment market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global learning disabilities treatment market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global market. The next section of the global learning disabilities treatment market report highlights the USPs, which include disease prevalence & incidence rate globally with key countries, overview of handwriting analysis tools in learning disabled patients & neuro degenerative patients (Parkinson's, Dementia), and diagnosis tools for dysgraphia condition in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key players in the global learning disabilities treatment market has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global learning disabilities treatment market, in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global learning disabilities treatment market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current learning disabilities treatment market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global learning disabilities treatment market in terms of disease type, treatment, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share for each of these by the end of 2027 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global learning disabilities treatment market.
Learning Disabilities Treatment Market – Segmentation
Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Language Processing Disorder
Assistive Treatment Tools (ATT)
Handwriting Training Tools
Middle East & Africa