Global Leadless Cardiac Pacemaker Market: Overview
Leadless cardiac pacemaker is a type of a medical equipment that is utilized for treating patients suffering from heart related issues such as arrhythmias. It is a medical device that utilizes electrical impulses, which are artificially generated by its electrodes. These artificial electrical impulses help in regulating the heart beat at normal state. This equipment is generally suggested for people suffering from heart conditions such as tachycardia, arrhythmia, and heart block among others. Leadless cardiac pacemaker is specially designed to deliver similar pacing results. However, the procedure of implantation of this type of pacemaker is slightly different from the regular ones. For a regular pacemaker, a surgical pocket needs to be created for implantation. Later, leads are attached to it. However, for leadless cardiac pacemaker, no such surgical pockets are required, nor does it require any later leads attachments.
The pacemaker is projected to have a considerable impact on the global cardiac rhythm management (CRM) market over the next few years. Leadless cardiac pacemakers have a huge potential to cut down the complications related to heart surgeries and also provide shorter recovery periods.
Global Leadless Cardiac Pacemaker Market: Notable Developments
Some of the key developments in the global leadless cardiac pacemaker market are given below:
- Micra and Nanostim are projected to remain the major selling products in the global market for leadless cardiac pacemaker over the course of the given forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
- Micra TPS and Nanostim are the two important innovations in the global market. Both the pacemakers are single-chambered and are implanted directly in the heart. Both of them have a steerable catheter and is inserted through the femoral vein. The biggest advantage of these two pacemakers is the shorter procedure time. For both Nanostim and Micra TPS, the procedure time lasts somewhere around 30 to 45 minutes, which is considerably lower than the procedure time of conventional pacemakers.
- In 2017, Abbott Inc. recalled their leadless pacemakers from the market on account of the reports of sudden depletion of batter. In addition to this, in November of the same year, Abbott issued a stop on the implantations of Nanostim pacemakers. The company cited that the pacemakers had docking button issues. The stop continued till March 2018. However, after fixing the issued, the company relaunched the device.
Identify the Key Factors that will drive your Company’s Growth. Request a Brochure of this Report here
Global Leadless Cardiac Pacemaker Market: Drivers and Restraints
There are several factors that are influencing the growth of the global leadless cardiac pacemaker market. Some of these factors are listed below as follows:
- The key driving factors for the growth of the global leadless pacemaker market are growing geriatric population, recurring issues related to heart, and advancements in technology related to pacemakers.
- In addition to this, there are other key factors that are positively influencing the growth of the global leadless cardiac pacemaker market. The factors such as use of these devices cut down the pocket-related and lead-related complications, offers MRI compatibility, and no restrictions on mobility post operations. All these factors are driving the uptake of devices in the leadless cardiac pacemaker market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To get the perfect launch ask for a Custom Report here
Global Leadless Cardiac Pacemaker Market: Geographical Outlook
The global leadless cardiac pacemaker market is segmented into key regions such as Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. Of these, the global market is expected to be dominated by the North America region over the course of the given forecast period of 2010 to 2027. This growth of the leadless cardiac pacemaker market is primarily attributed to the growing prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, increasing adoption of leadless pacemakers, and the easy availability of insurance reimbursements.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.