Lead-free Solder Paste: Introduction
- Lead-free solder paste is used to connect lead on surface mounted integrated circuit chips to the attachment points on printed circuits boards. Lead is generally applied as a paste through a stencil or dispensing tubes on lead on printed circuit boards. This is followed by heating the paste for it to melt and fuse the connection.
- Demand for smart electronics products, such as smartphones and tablets, computer motherboards, consumer electronic products, and network servers, has been rising. This is expected to drive the global lead-free solder paste market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Lead-free Solder Paste Market
- Governments of several countries across the globe are emphasizing on the substitution of lead solders due to their toxic nature. This is estimated to drive the lead-free solder paste market.
- Lead-free solder paste is a suspension of solder particles in a solder flux. It is widely utilized in electronic assembly materials. Printed circuit boards are also used in electronic components that are incorporated in automotive, marine vehicles, and aerospace industries.
- Lead-free solder paste is made from tin alloy. However, currently, the price of tin material is varying, due to significant demand from alloy industries. This is hampering the global lead-free solder paste market.
- Lead-free solder paste possesses high melting temperature. This is likely to result in undesired stress during reflow processing. This could cause defects in the joint. Therefore, various new alternatives for lead-free solder pastes such as nanoparticle-based solder materials have been introduced in the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus outbreak has adversely impacted the most of the major industries, including printed circuit board (PCB), due to the disruption in supply chain of components and materials
- Governments of various countries have imposed stringent lockdowns to limit the spread of the coronavirus. As a result, transportation and manufacturing activities declined sharply. Many outbound sailings were also cancelled, due to a shortage of manpower. This has disrupted the supply chain of raw materials & components, and slowed down the production of a printed circuit boards (PCBs). Decrease in production of PCBs is hampering the demand for lead-free solder paste, as this paste is extensively used in PCBs.
Printed Circuit Board Application Segment to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global lead-free solder paste market can be segmented based on application, end-user, and region
- Based on application, the global lead-free solder paste market can be segregated into wire board, printed circuit board, surface mounting, and others. In terms of revenue, the printed circuit board segment is estimated to hold significant share of the market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to maintain its attractiveness during the forecast period. Lead-free solder paste is used in PCBs, as it removes dirt from metal surfaces. Thus, it offers superior solder bond surface.
- Based on end-user, the global lead-free solder paste market can be segregated into electrical & electronics, automotive, medical, military, and others
Asia Pacific Expected to Constitute Major Share of Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market
- In terms of region, the global lead-free solder paste market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global lead-free solder paste market in 2020. The lead-free solder paste market in Asia Pacific is expanding significantly, primarily due to expansion of electronics and automotive industries in the region, primarily in China and India.
- Rise in FDIs in automotive and electronics industries in developing countries of Asia Pacific is a key factor that is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- The lead-free solder paste market in North America is primarily driven by the expansion of the electronics refurbishing industry. Furthermore, key players are focused on the development of new methods to produce advanced solder materials, such as Sn-Bi-Ag alloy, which decrease the key thermal excursion during electronic assembly.
- The market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to expansion of automotive and electronics industries in these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global lead-free solder paste market is fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 30% share. Major players operating in the lead-free solder paste market include:
- Senju Metal Industry
- FCT Solder
- MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions
- Tongfang Tech
- Huaqing Solder
- Chengxing Group
- Indium Corporation
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market: Research Scope
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by Application
- Wire Board
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Surface Mounting
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by End-user
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.