Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market: Introduction
- Lead-free solder paste is utilized to connect lead on surface mounted integrated circuit chips to the attachment points on printed circuits boards. Lead is generally applied as a paste through a stencil, or dispensing tubes, on the leads on printed circuit boards, followed by the heating the paste for it to melt and fuse the connection.
- Demand for smart electronics products, such as smartphones and tablets, computer motherboards, consumer electronic products, and network servers, has been rising, which in turn is expected to drive the global lead-free solder paste market.
Key Drivers of Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market
- Several governments across the globe are emphasizing on the substitution of lead solders due to their toxic nature. This is estimated to drive the lead-free solder paste market.
- Lead-free solder paste is a suspension of solder particles in a solder flux, which is widely utilized in electronic assembly materials. Printed circuit boards are also used in electronic components that are incorporated in automotive, marine vehicles, and the aerospace industry.
- The lead-free solder paste market in North America is primarily driven by the expansion of the electronics refurbishing industry. Furthermore, key players are focused on the development of new methods to produce advanced solder materials, such as Sn-Bi-Ag alloy, which reduces the key thermal excursion during electronic assembly.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The printed circuit board segment is estimated to hold significant share of the market, in terms of revenue, and it is anticipated to maintain its attractiveness during the forecast period. Lead-free solder paste is utilized in PCB boards as it removes dirt from metal surfaces and hence, offers a superior solder bond surface.
Volatility in Raw Material Prices to Hamper Market
- Lead-free solder paste is made by from tin alloy. However, currently, the price of tin material is varying, due to significant demand from alloy industries. This is hampering the global lead-free solder paste market.
- Lead-free solder paste possesses high melting temperature, which is likely to result in undesired stress during the reflow processing and cause defects in the joint. This has led to the introduction of various new alternatives for lead-free solder pastes such as nanoparticle-based solder materials.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market
- In terms of geography, the global lead-free solder paste market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global lead-free solder paste market in 2018. The lead-free solder paste market in Asia Pacific is expanding significantly, primarily due to expansion of electronics and automotive industries in the region, majorly in China and India.
- Rise in FDIs in automotive and electronics industries in developing countries of Asia Pacific is a key factor that is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- The market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to expansion of automotive and electronics industries in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market
The global lead-free solder paste market is fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 30% share of the market share. A few of the players operating in the lead-free solder paste market include:
- Senju Metal Industry
- FCT Solder
- MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions
- Tongfang Tech
- Huaqing Solder
- Chengxing Group
- Indium Corporation
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market: Research Scope
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by Type
- Low-Temperature Lead-Free Solder Paste
- Middle-Temperature Lead-Free Solder Paste
- High-Temperature Lead-Free Solder Paste
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by Application
- Wire Board
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Surface Mounting
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.