Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market: Introduction
- Lead-free solder paste is utilized to connect lead on surface mounted integrated circuit chips to the attachment points on printed circuits boards. Lead is generally applied as a paste through a stencil, or dispensing tubes, on the leads on printed circuit boards, followed by the heating the paste for it to melt and fuse the connection.
- Demand for smart electronics products, such as smartphones and tablets, computer motherboards, consumer electronic products, and network servers, has been rising, which in turn is expected to drive the global lead-free solder paste market.
Key Drivers of Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market
- Several governments across the globe are emphasizing on the substitution of lead solders due to their toxic nature. This is estimated to drive the lead-free solder paste market.
- Lead-free solder paste is a suspension of solder particles in a solder flux, which is widely utilized in electronic assembly materials. Printed circuit boards are also used in electronic components that are incorporated in automotive, marine vehicles, and the aerospace industry.
- The lead-free solder paste market in North America is primarily driven by the expansion of the electronics refurbishing industry. Furthermore, key players are focused on the development of new methods to produce advanced solder materials, such as Sn-Bi-Ag alloy, which reduces the key thermal excursion during electronic assembly.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The printed circuit board segment is estimated to hold significant share of the market, in terms of revenue, and it is anticipated to maintain its attractiveness during the forecast period. Lead-free solder paste is utilized in PCB boards as it removes dirt from metal surfaces and hence, offers a superior solder bond surface.
Volatility in Raw Material Prices to Hamper Market
- Lead-free solder paste is made by from tin alloy. However, currently, the price of tin material is varying, due to significant demand from alloy industries. This is hampering the global lead-free solder paste market.
- Lead-free solder paste possesses high melting temperature, which is likely to result in undesired stress during the reflow processing and cause defects in the joint. This has led to the introduction of various new alternatives for lead-free solder pastes such as nanoparticle-based solder materials.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market
- In terms of geography, the global lead-free solder paste market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global lead-free solder paste market in 2018. The lead-free solder paste market in Asia Pacific is expanding significantly, primarily due to expansion of electronics and automotive industries in the region, majorly in China and India.
- Rise in FDIs in automotive and electronics industries in developing countries of Asia Pacific is a key factor that is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- The market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to expansion of automotive and electronics industries in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market
The global lead-free solder paste market is fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 30% share of the market share. A few of the players operating in the lead-free solder paste market include:
- Senju Metal Industry
- FCT Solder
- MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions
- Tongfang Tech
- Huaqing Solder
- Chengxing Group
- Indium Corporation
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market: Research Scope
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by Type
- Low-Temperature Lead-Free Solder Paste
- Middle-Temperature Lead-Free Solder Paste
- High-Temperature Lead-Free Solder Paste
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by Application
- Wire Board
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
- Surface Mounting
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Lead-free Solder Paste Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.