Global Lazy Eye Treatment Market: Overview
- A lazy eye is when the vision of one eye doesn’t develop the way it should. The condition is also called amblyopia. Without treatment, our brain is likely to learn to ignore the image that is transmitted from the weaker eye, which could cause permanent vision problems. It’s called “lazy eye” because the stronger eye works better.
- The lazy eye problem starts in childhood, usually between ages 6 and 9. Identifying and treating it before age 7 brings the best chances of fully correcting the condition. Every 3 out of 100 children have the issue and early treatment works well and usually prevents long-term vision problems. Some common symptoms of lazy eye condition includes difficult to telling how near or far away something is, head tilting, etc.
Key Drivers Global Lazy Eye Treatment Market
- Premature birth children are likely to be more prone toward lazy eye condition, and the trend of preterm births is rising across the globe. Preterm birth is a major factor for neonatal morbidities and mortalities, and it also has long-term adverse effects on neonatal health. According to WHO report 2017, an estimated around 15 million babies are born preterm every year globally. This factor is likely to drive the demand for lazy eye treatment.
- Demand for lazy eye treatment products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Thus, industry players are adopting practices of appointing third-party distributors to expand their market presence. This has led to a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Lazy Eye Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global lazy eye treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. Rising prevalence of lazy eye condition and an increase in the demand for treatment are likely to drives. In the U.S, lazy eye affects approximately 2% of all children. It is a highly common cause of partial or total blindness in one eye in the U.S.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate owing to a rise in awareness regarding the available treatment options, which in turn is anticipated to fuel the market. Moreover, government initiatives to address the burden of eye diseases by conducting public health surveillance, research, and evidence-based public health interventions are projected to augment the market.
Key Players Operating in Global Lazy Eye Treatment Market
Major players operating in the global lazy eye treatment market are:
- Vivid Vision, Inc.
- Lancastle International Ltd.
- Amblyoptica (Holding) Pty Ltd
- AdvaCare Pharma
Global Lazy Eye Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Lazy Eye Treatment Market, by Type
- Strabismic Lazy Eye
- Refractive Lazy Eye
- Deprivation Lazy Eye
Global Lazy Eye Treatment Market, by Treatment
Global Lazy Eye Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!