Layered Semiconductors: Introduction
- Layered semiconductors have a large surface area, are free of dangling chemical bonds on surfaces, and have potential as sunlight absorbers.
- Layered semiconductors have various photonic and optoelectronic properties and are majorly used for photovoltaic applications.
- Layered semiconductors have different applications in consumer electronics, aerospace, power, telecommunication, automotive, and other industries.
Rise in Demand in Consumer Electronics
- By end-use industry, the consumer electronics segment is likely to be the fastest growing segment of the global layered semiconductors market during the forecast period.
- Layered semiconductors are majorly used in various consumer electronic devices. Increasing adoption of IoT in home electronics such as smart TVs, washing machines, and home appliances, rising adoption of wearable devices, increase in demand for application-specific microcontroller units, and flexible SoC type architecture are the major factors boosting the consumer electronics segment of layered semiconductors.
- Moreover, 3D ICs (layered fabricated ICs) can also be implemented in portable consumer electronics (cell phones, tablets, and computers), which is likely to propel the growth of the layered semiconductors market.
- Multi-layered semiconductor devices are majorly used in military and commercial applications, which include sensor processing, mission data recording, communication, and flight electronics, fueling the demand for layered semiconductors during the forecast period.
- The major restraint of the layered semiconductors market is disruptions in the supply chain and storage due to COVID-19.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Layered Semiconductors Market
- In terms of region, the global layered semiconductors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to experience fastest growth in the layered semiconductors market during the forecast period due to increasing demand from countries such as Japan, China, Taiwan, South Korea, and India.
- Moreover, Asia Pacific is the foremost hub for consumer electronics, besides home to a rising number of data centers, growing IoT technology, a growing defense sector, and adoption of automation by many industries. These factors are expected to create lucrative opportunities for the growth of the layered semiconductors market in the region during the forecast period.
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period since most of the layered semiconductors manufacturing companies operate in the region.
- On the other hand, the layered semiconductors market in Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Layered Semiconductors Market
Key players operating in the global layered semiconductors market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for layered semiconductors. Moreover, key market players are emphasizing on undertaking strategic initiatives to enhance business and expand their manufacturing facilities.
Key players operating in the global layered semiconductors market include:
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Tower Semiconductor
- NXP Semiconductors
- Toshiba Corporation
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
- Nuvoton Technology Corporation
- Fuji Electric
Global Layered Semiconductors Market: Research Scope
Global Layered Semiconductors Market, by Compounds
Global Layered Semiconductors Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
- Power Industry
Global Layered Semiconductors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!