Global Latent TB Detection Market: Introduction
- Latent TB bacteria is present in the body in an inactive state. The infected person does not feel sick, shows no symptoms, and cannot transmit the disease to others. However, the bacterium could become active at a point.
- Major trends in the global latent TB detection market include increase in health care expenditure in emerging markets, rise in TB funding, surge in government initiatives, and increase in advanced & hybrid technologies
Global Latent TB Detection Market: Key Trends
- The global latent TB detection market is driven by increase in the geriatric population adversely affected to tuberculosis. Globally, the rate of tuberculosis among older people triples every year compared to young adults.
- Rise in awareness programs associated with tuberculosis across the world drives the global latent TB detection market during the forecast period
- Key market players focus on development of new generation tests. For instance, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved QuantiFERON-TB Gold Plus, a fourth generation latent tuberculosis blood test.
Global Latent TB Detection Market Segmentation
- In terms of type, the global latent TB detection market can be bifurcated into tuberculin skin test (TST) and interferon gamma released assay (IGRA). The interferon gamma released assay (IGRA) segment accounted for major market share in 2020. The IGRA test has several advantages over TST test.
- Based on end-user, the global market can be classified into hospitals, diagnostic centers, clinical laboratories, and others. The hospitals segment held major market share in 2020. Large number of latent TB detection tests are performed in hospitals and several governments are taking initiatives to overcome the TB disease. This is likely to boost the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
North America accounted for Major Share of Global Latent TB Detection Market
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to rise in awareness about diagnosis and treatment of TB and increase in health care expenditure
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace from 2021 to 2031. Increase in geriatric population and initiatives taken by governments of developing countries such as China and India to reduce the prevalence of tuberculosis are expected to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Latent TB Detection Market
Major players operating in the global latent TB detection market are:
- BioMeriux S.A.
- F. Hoffmann La-Roche Ltd.
- ARKRAY, Inc.
- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Oxford Immunotec Ltd.
- Lionex GmbH
- Autoimmune Diagnostic GMBH
- Other prominent players
Global Latent TB Detection Market: Research Scope
Global Latent TB Detection Market, by Type
- Tuberculin Skin Test (TST)
- Interferon Gamma Released Assay (IGRA)
Global Latent TB Detection Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Clinical Laboratories
Global Latent TB Detection Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!