Laser sensors are generally consists of optical components, photoelectric devices, and lasers, which use laser technology for measurement of various parameters based on its application. These sensors help detect presence of small objects based on position or light intensity, by convert physical measured value into an analogue electrical signal or optical signal. Laser sensors can be used on various reflective surfaces, materials and colors, and in many sectors of industry and research for distance measurement. Owing to structurally simple, adaptable, easy to manufacture and high precision attributes, laser sensors find increasing application in height measurement, thickness measurement, weld gap detection, train and railroad inspection, crane positioning and others.
Laser Sensor Market – Competitive Landscape
The global laser sensor market includes large number of players. Some of the key players are Keyence Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, LAP GmbH Laser Applications, Banner Engineering Corp., Optex Co., Ltd, Schmitt Industries, Inc., OMRON Corporation, MTI Instruments Inc., Technos Instruments, Rockwell Automation, Inc. and Micro-Epsilon.
- In May 2019, Banner Engineering Corp., a leading player in laser sensor market, introduced SI-RF Series RFID Safety Switches to monitor the status and position of doors, gates and similar guards, separating personnel and equipment from a hazard. The switches are consist of a RFID coded actuator and an RFID safety sensor which work in easy-to-deploy pairs.
- In May 2019, Panasonic Corporation announced the launch of ‘Nymbus’ – the first of its kind smart EV charging service in India. The new service, designed and developed to cater the growing Indian mobility market, combines various physical components such as charging stations, telematics systems, and others with virtual components including AI, cloud service, and analytics to deliver one stop solution.
- In March 2019, Keyence Corporation released its new Image-based Laser Sensor IX Series, which enables accurate height confirmation even with displaced or misaligned targets. With the new sensor, height confirmation can be performed over an entire area with a single device and for multiple location.
LAP GmbH Laser Applications
Founded in 1984, LAP GmbH Laser Applications is based in Lüneburg, Germany, and operates across Europe, America, and Asia. The company manufacturers and market laser measurement systems, and offers a range of line lasers, sensors, projectors, and patient alignment and virtual simulation systems.
Optex Co., Ltd.
Established in 1979, Optex Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Otsu, Japan, and primarily specializes in developing, manufacturing, and selling sensing technology worldwide. The company provides a line of indoor & outdoor sensors, automatic door sensors, fiber optical sensors, IR photo beams, CCTV lighting, and remote video surveillance services.
Schmitt Industries, Inc.
Founded in 1984, Schmitt Industries, Inc.is based in Portland, Oregon, and designs, manufacturers, and sells test and measurement products across the world. The company offers its products under various trademarks including SBS, SMS, Xact, Lasercheck, Acuity, and AccuProfile.
Established in 1933, OMRON Corporation is headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, and specializes in manufacturing and supply of automation components, equipment, and systems worldwide. The company is also generally known for medical equipment including digital thermometers, nebulizers, and blood pressure monitors.
MTI Instruments Inc.
Founded in 1961, MTI Instruments Inc.is headquartered in Albany, New York, and operates as a subsidiary of Mechanical Technology, Incorporated. The company designs, manufactures, and markets non-contact measurement systems and sensors for position, vibration, displacement, thickness, and dimensional gauging applications.
Laser Sensor Market – Dynamics
With increasing focus of key manufacturers on smart and miniature products along with designs responsive to modern production techniques which help improve the overall reliability of the product, the laser sensor market has been gaining rising momentum over the years. Growing adoption of laser sensors in manufacturing plant management and automation applications for measuring displacement, distance, and positions continue to drive the market growth. Further, enhanced range of laser sensors are growing in demand across food & beverage industry, in order to ensure high accuracy in measuring dimensions such as height, diameter and thickness. Significant demand for laser sensors across various end-use industries can be attributed to their ability withstand strong environment such as strong radiation and strong magnetic field. Moreover, increasing adoption of automation technologies to replace aging workforce and outdated technologies, increasing government initiatives to promote the manufacturing sector, and rapid technological advances remain the key aspects accelerating the growth of laser sensor market.
Growing need to improve manufacturing productivity and industrial growth has directly influenced the demand for laser sensors that help ensure measurement and quality task control in various manufacturing inspection application. Further, with depletion of conventional resources and increasing greenhouse emissions, several countries are shifting their focus towards renewable resources to produce power, which in turn has advanced the application of laser sensors in wind energy generation. Prospects of the laser sensor market remain promising, as key manufacturers are focusing on the development of small size sensors that would help achieve special measurements and work at extreme temperature conditions.
Laser Sensor Market - Segmentation
In terms of type, the global laser sensor market can be bifurcated into:
On the basis of offering, the global laser sensor market can be segmented into:
- Hardware & Software
In terms of application, the global laser sensor market is segmented into:
- Manufacturing Plant Management & Automation
- Security & Surveillance
On the basis of end-use industry, the market is segmented into:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Food and Beverages
- Consumer Electronics
- Building and Construction
- Chemicals Manufacturing
The report on laser sensor market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The laser sensor market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The laser sensor market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis for Laser sensor market includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.