Laser Ablation Technology Market: Introduction
- Laser ablation therapies are widely used in the treatment of different diseases related to cancer, cardiovascular gynecology, and ophthalmology. The diagnostic lab industry is growing at a rapid pace, with increase in demand for products and systems, which provides high precision and accuracy. An example of this is the laser ablation system. The accuracy of the laser beam has diversified its application in different industries. In the laser abconceation system, the laser is exposed to solid metals, along with other industrial compounds to remove different layers with precision. The amount of material removed depends on pulse length, wavelength of the laser, and intensity. The laser ablation system helps to identify the presence and amount of concentration of any material on the surface of the product by producing a bright plasma over the surface.
- Laser ablation devices are a part of minimally invasive procedures, which are less painful compared to traditional surgical operations. They also offer short recovery time causing minimal or no damage to the surrounding tissues.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Laser Ablation Technology Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Laser Ablation Technology Market
- Being one of the minimally invasive procedures, the laser ablation technique is comparatively less painful to other surgical treatment options. This technique also causes very less damage to the surrounding tissues compared to other techniques. Moreover, technological developments are expected to drive the global laser ablation technology market.
- Increase in incidence rate of cancer and rise in global ageing population are further fueling the growth of the global market, as ablation products are used in the management and treatment of various cancers in prostate, kidney, lung, liver, and breast. Additionally, with ageing, the chances of developing cancer increases. According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2016, research findings roughly estimated that 60% of patients with cancer are aged 65 years and above. In order to meet the demand for cancer treatment, several key players are focusing on introducing new ablation techniques in the market. For instance, in January 2016, Medtronic showcased OsteoCool RF Ablation System to treat spine metastases. This system kills cancer cells by applying high frequency energy. It also provides tailored treatment as well as procedural flexibility.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Laser Ablation Technology Market
- Due to technological advancements and high adoption rate, North America dominates the global laser ablation technology market, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific is expected to be most lucrative laser ablation technology market in the near future due to developing medical infrastructure, rise in acceptance of technologically advanced surgical procedures, and increase in government initiatives
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Laser Ablation Technology Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global laser ablation technology market is highly fragmented with major manufacturers adopting various strategies to gain maximum market share. Some companies have their presence in this market, while others have their products in the pipeline.
Some of the key players operating in the global laser ablation technology market are:
- Biosense Webster, Inc.
- St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- CONMED Corporation
- AngioDynamics, Inc.
- AtriCure, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Olympus Corporation
Global Laser Ablation Technology Market: Research Scope
Global Laser Ablation Technology Market, by Application
- General Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Global Laser Ablation Technology Market, by Product Type
- YAG Laser Type
- CO2 Laser Type
Global Laser Ablation Technology Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Laser Ablation Technology Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.