Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market: Introduction
- A laparoscopic surgery is an advanced type of minimally invasive surgery, which requires one or multiple small incisions through the abdominal wall by using a laparoscope. Laparoscopic surgeries are minimally invasive procedures of the abdominal and the pelvic cavity performed with the help of a telescope and specialized surgical instruments. Advantages of laparoscopic surgeries include minimal scars, rapid recovery, shorter procedure duration, and less adhesion formation. Adoption of laparoscopic surgeries is increasing, as they reduce chances of infection and blood loss. Quick recovery and shorter hospital stays are other factors driving the global laparoscopy industry.
- The instruments used in performing laparoscopic surgeries are known as laparoscopy surgical instruments. A clamp is an important surgical tool commonly utilized for purposes such as gripping, dissecting, and retracting. Clamps used for performing laparoscopic surgeries are called laparoscopy surgical clamps. Various clamps available in the marketplace are lane intestinal clamps, towel clamps, Payr’s intestinal clamps, and bulldog clamps.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market
- Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries is likely to have a high positive impact on the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market during the forecast period, owing to increasing rate of incidence of diseases and growing elderly population, which adds to the pool of patients. Minimally invasive surgeries have several advantages for doctors as well as patients. Laparoscopic surgeries are safer as compared to open surgeries. A few advantages of these surgeries include reduced blood loss, less chances of infection, rapid recovery, and a fewer surgery marks on the body. Surgical clamps are largely used in laparoscopic surgeries and, with the rising need for these surgeries, the global market for laparoscopy surgical clamps is projected to expand significantly in the next few years.
- The fact that almost 85%–90% of all cholecystectomies performed are laparoscopic acts as a driving factor for the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market. As per a research study published on NCBI, approximately 20 million people in the U.S. are suffering from gallstones and amongst these, 300,000 patients undergo cholecystectomies every year. This proves the usefulness of surgical clamps in laparoscopic surgeries. These factors are likely to boost the demand for laparoscopic surgical clamps in the near future.
- Laparoscopic procedures are dynamic in nature and hence, they keep changing constantly. Surgeons need to keep a track of such changes and they should be willing to accept the challenges involved. Reluctance to relearning may reduce adoption of new technologies. This acts as a restraining factor for the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market, as some surgeons adhere to the conventional technologies.
Asia Pacific Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market to Expand at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to lead the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market during the forecast period, owing to growing number of laparoscopic surgeries, technological advancements, and availability of instruments including clamps to perform surgeries in the region. Extensive distributor network and presence of local players are likely to drive adoption of laparoscopic surgical clamps in North America in the next few years. Moreover, increasing health care expenditure, favorable government initiatives, and rising demand for minimally invasive surgical instruments are a few factors anticipated to augment the market in North America during the forecast period. Rising prevalence of obesity in the U.S. is likely to drive the demand for laparoscopic surgical clamps in the country in the next few years. Use of laparoscopic treatment for colorectal cancer, nephrectomy, hernia repair, and female sterilization is increasing rapidly in North America. This is a key driver of the laparoscopy surgical clamps market in the region. Rising medical tourism, widening scope of laparoscopic surgeries, and increasing availability of laparoscopic surgical instruments in Europe are likely to fuel the laparoscopy surgical clamps market in the region between 2019 and 2027.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the most rapidly expanding market for laparoscopic surgical clamps in the next few years. This can be attributed to increasing adoption of laparoscopic surgeries, growing prevalence of obesity, increasing incidence of cancer and other chronic diseases, improvement in health care systems, rising medical thorium, and growing adoption of new technologies in the region. Moreover, developing infrastructure with established distribution channels of key market players and presence of local manufacturers are boosting the demand for laparoscopic surgical clamps in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market
The global laparoscopy surgical clamps market is fragmented, with the presence of several large- and small-sized players. Major players operating in the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market are:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Surtex Instruments Limited
- Silex Medical LLC
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH
- imesco Healthcare Ltd
- Kaushik Orthopedic Corporation
Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market: Research Scope
Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market, by Product
- Reusable Surgical Clamps
- Disposable Surgical Clamps
Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market, by Indication
- Bariatric Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.