Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market: Introduction
- A laparoscopic surgery is an advanced type of minimally invasive surgery, which requires one or multiple small incisions through the abdominal wall by using a laparoscope. Laparoscopic surgeries are minimally invasive procedures of the abdominal and the pelvic cavity performed with the help of a telescope and specialized surgical instruments. Advantages of laparoscopic surgeries include minimal scars, rapid recovery, shorter procedure duration, and less adhesion formation. Adoption of laparoscopic surgeries is increasing, as they reduce chances of infection and blood loss. Quick recovery and shorter hospital stays are other factors driving the global laparoscopy industry.
- The instruments used in performing laparoscopic surgeries are known as laparoscopy surgical instruments. A clamp is an important surgical tool commonly utilized for purposes such as gripping, dissecting, and retracting. Clamps used for performing laparoscopic surgeries are called laparoscopy surgical clamps. Various clamps available in the marketplace are lane intestinal clamps, towel clamps, Payr’s intestinal clamps, and bulldog clamps.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market
- Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries is likely to have a high positive impact on the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market during the forecast period, owing to increasing rate of incidence of diseases and growing elderly population, which adds to the pool of patients. Minimally invasive surgeries have several advantages for doctors as well as patients. Laparoscopic surgeries are safer as compared to open surgeries. A few advantages of these surgeries include reduced blood loss, less chances of infection, rapid recovery, and a fewer surgery marks on the body. Surgical clamps are largely used in laparoscopic surgeries and, with the rising need for these surgeries, the global market for laparoscopy surgical clamps is projected to expand significantly in the next few years.
- The fact that almost 85%–90% of all cholecystectomies performed are laparoscopic acts as a driving factor for the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market. As per a research study published on NCBI, approximately 20 million people in the U.S. are suffering from gallstones and amongst these, 300,000 patients undergo cholecystectomies every year. This proves the usefulness of surgical clamps in laparoscopic surgeries. These factors are likely to boost the demand for laparoscopic surgical clamps in the near future.
- Laparoscopic procedures are dynamic in nature and hence, they keep changing constantly. Surgeons need to keep a track of such changes and they should be willing to accept the challenges involved. Reluctance to relearning may reduce adoption of new technologies. This acts as a restraining factor for the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market, as some surgeons adhere to the conventional technologies.
Asia Pacific Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market to Expand at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to lead the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market during the forecast period, owing to growing number of laparoscopic surgeries, technological advancements, and availability of instruments including clamps to perform surgeries in the region. Extensive distributor network and presence of local players are likely to drive adoption of laparoscopic surgical clamps in North America in the next few years. Moreover, increasing health care expenditure, favorable government initiatives, and rising demand for minimally invasive surgical instruments are a few factors anticipated to augment the market in North America during the forecast period. Rising prevalence of obesity in the U.S. is likely to drive the demand for laparoscopic surgical clamps in the country in the next few years. Use of laparoscopic treatment for colorectal cancer, nephrectomy, hernia repair, and female sterilization is increasing rapidly in North America. This is a key driver of the laparoscopy surgical clamps market in the region. Rising medical tourism, widening scope of laparoscopic surgeries, and increasing availability of laparoscopic surgical instruments in Europe are likely to fuel the laparoscopy surgical clamps market in the region between 2019 and 2027.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the most rapidly expanding market for laparoscopic surgical clamps in the next few years. This can be attributed to increasing adoption of laparoscopic surgeries, growing prevalence of obesity, increasing incidence of cancer and other chronic diseases, improvement in health care systems, rising medical thorium, and growing adoption of new technologies in the region. Moreover, developing infrastructure with established distribution channels of key market players and presence of local manufacturers are boosting the demand for laparoscopic surgical clamps in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market
The global laparoscopy surgical clamps market is fragmented, with the presence of several large- and small-sized players. Major players operating in the global laparoscopy surgical clamps market are:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Surtex Instruments Limited
- Silex Medical LLC
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH
- imesco Healthcare Ltd
- Kaushik Orthopedic Corporation
Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market: Research Scope
Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market, by Product
- Reusable Surgical Clamps
- Disposable Surgical Clamps
Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market, by Indication
- Bariatric Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
Global Laparoscopy Surgical Clamps Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.