Expansion in Emerging Economies in Asia Pacific and Latin America to Offer Opportunities to Laparoscopic Clips Manufacturers
- Asia Pacific consists of China, Japan, India, Australia, and New Zealand. The region is projected to be the most attractive market for laparoscopic clips in the near future. Growth of the market in the region is expected to be supported by India, China, and Japan. Japan is one of the largest medical devices markets, while China and India are the most populated countries.
- Rise in per capita income, developing medical sector, and acceptance of newer technology are the major factors favoring the market
- Emerging economies are major markets for laparoscopic clips due to expansion of health care infrastructure in these countries
- Surge in trend of medical tourism, developing medical sector, and rise in the availability of skilled doctors & advanced technology have increased the number of laparoscopic procedures which in turn drives the laparoscopic clips market in Asia Pacific
- Economic development, rise in disposable income of patients, and increase in health care awareness in Asia and Latin America are gradually attracting major players to expand their business in these regions
- The Government of China has increased investments in the health care sector, allowing more training opportunities for surgeons and development of infrastructure. These trends will have a positive impact on the laparoscopy clips market in the region.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Laparoscopic Clips Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Laparoscopic Clips Market
- Rise in obesity rate across the globe increases demand for laparoscopic surgeries. This in turn is expected to augment the global laparoscopic clips market in the near future. Currently, North America has the largest number of laparoscopic surgeries being performed every year. However, growing medical tourism is likely to make Asia Pacific the next major destination for laparoscopic surgeries.
- According to the World Health Organization, obesity rate is rising across the globe. The global obese population was estimated to be 1.4 billion adults and more than 40 million children under the age of five in 2010
- Laparoscopic procedures are minimally invasive, as these involve small incisions in the patient’s body, unlike an open surgery. Minimally invasive surgery offers fast recovery time, reduces the risk of atrial fibrillation and is less time consuming. This attracts a lot of consumer attention, which in turn drives the market.
- Laparoscopic procedures, like any other health care related procedure, have the risks of side effects. Studies have shown that patients experience bodily disorders such as post-surgery pain, damaged tissues & blood vessels, and gastrointestinal disorders post a laparoscopic procedure. These side effects act as a restraint of the laparoscopic clips market.
Polymeric Absorbable Clips Segment to Expand Significantly
- In terms of type, the global laparoscopic clips market can be bifurcated into polymeric absorbable clips and metallic clips
- The polymeric absorbable clips segment dominated the market owing to high potential of providing long-term benefits to patients following laparoscopic surgery because it prevents the impact of foreign bodies
Hospitals Dominated Global Market
- Based on end-user, the global laparoscopic clips market can be classified into hospitals, clinics, medical research centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is projected to witness strong growth due to rise in laparoscopic procedures at these settings
North America to Lead Global Laparoscopic Clips Market
- In terms of region, the global laparoscopic clips market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global laparoscopic clips market during the forecast period, owing to continuous technological innovations and available capital to upgrade to latest expensive equipment
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Laparoscopic Clips Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global laparoscopic clips market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Aesculap, Inc. (B. Braun Melsungen)
- Ovesco Endoscopy AG
- Ethicon, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Teleflex Incorporated
- CONMED Corporation
- Cooper Medical
- HOYA Corporation
Global Laparoscopic Clips Market, by Type
- Polymeric Absorbable Clips
- Metallic Clips
Global Laparoscopic Clips Market, by End-user
- Medical Research Centers
Global Laparoscopic Clips Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.