Global Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market: An Overview
Lactose intolerance, also known as congenital alactasia reduces the ability of infants to break-down lactose in breast milk or formula. The affected infants can experience severe weight loss or dehydration without the lactose intolerance treatment. The intolerance also affects adults with reduced production of lactase after infancy. The adults can experience abdominal pain, nausea, flatulence, and diarrhoea. The tolerance can vary depending on the individual, and some people can drink as much as 230 ml of milk without experiencing any adverse effects. However, the disorder affects 1 in 60,000 new-borns, and is considered a rare disorder. However, it rises up significantly as people reach adulthood. Nearly 65% adults have a reduced ability to digest lactose. The disorder is most common among people of East Asian descent. It is estimated that the disorder affects 70-100% of the population. Moreover, the disorder is also common among Arabs, Italians, and Greeks among others. The growing awareness about lactose intolerance and easy treatment procedures like drops to add in milk products promise robust growth for the lactose intolerance treatment market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market: Trends and Opportunities
The reliable methods of diagnosis are expected to remain a key driver for lactose intolerance treatment market. Currently, there are three main tests used for diagnosing lactose intolerance. These include the first liquid tests, which contains a high dose of lactose to test reaction. The second is a hydrogen breath test, which requires patients to drink liquids and the clinicians tests hydrogen breaths at regular intervals to understand reactions. The third one is a stool acidity test, which is designed for people who can’t undergo testing by other means. The growing elderly population, and its sensitivity to other testing methods is expected to drive growth for the stool acidity tests. The first two are also expected to witness positive growth. Among these, the hydrogen breathing tests will likely remain most lucrative due to its easier operation, and relatively less painful procedure.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market: Regional Landscape
The lactose intolerance treatment market will survey the globe including key regions including Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Among these, the Asia Pacific region will witness tremendous growth due to biggest concern for lactose intolerance to people among East Asian descent. The expansion of healthcare in countries like China, the awareness about importance of dairy products in daily diets, and growth of diseases like diabetes in an increasingly urbanized population will drive growth in the region. Moreover, the market is also expected to post significant growth in Europe, wherein the lactose intolerance among Italins, and Greeks, and people who have not used milk as a daily source of protein for generations remains high. The growing awareness about possible weight loss, and other symptoms will likely drive major growth for the lactose intolerance treatment market in the near future.
Global Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market: Companies Profiled in the Report
Major players in the lactose intolerance treatment market are Johnson & Johnson Inc., Novozyme, Nestle, Dean Foods, Cargill Inc., and Abbott Laboratories Inc. Growing innovation of products, new testing methods, and positive push towards innovation by regulatory bodies like the FDA will drive major growth for the lactose intolerance treatment market in near future.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.