Laboratory Fume Hoods Market: Introduction
- Laboratory fume hoods are specialized self-contained enclosed workstations used to remove and/or filter out harmful and hazardous air to protect personnel from chemical fumes, particles, and vapors from laboratory environment
- The primary application of laboratory fume hood is to protect laboratory personnel from the chemicals and substances that let off harmful fumes and odor
- Laboratory fume hoods are available in different modalities based on the type of materials handled in labs and size of the lab. The most commonly used laboratory fume hoods are ductless fume hoods, chemical fume hoods, and biosafety cabinets.
- Laboratory fume hoods are widely used in hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Laboratory Fume Hoods Market Report
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market: Key Drivers
- The global laboratory fume hoods market is primarily driven by rapidly growing health care and biopharmaceutical industries across the globe. Laboratory fume hoods are integral part of any diagnostic laboratory, biopharmaceutical industry, and clinical research organization for handling different chemicals and biological samples.
- Technological advancements in laboratory fume hoods, development of sample & end-user specific fume hoods, and rise in demand for laboratory fume hoods among different end-users across the globe are anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period
- Increase in number of hospitals & diagnostic laboratories and research & development institutes; and growing pharmaceutical industry in emerging economies such as Brazil, India, China, and Russia are expected to propel the demand for laboratory fume hoods during the forecast period
Chemical Fume Hoods Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product type, the global laboratory fume hoods market can be divided into chemical fume hoods, ductless fume hoods, ADA fume hoods, canopy fume hoods, biosafety cabinets, low flow fume hoods, walk in fume hoods, variable air fume hoods, and others. The chemical fume hoods segment is likely to dominate the global laboratory fume hoods market during the forecast period.
- Chemical fume hoods are used in facilities where dangerous chemicals are handled. These fume hoods protect personnel as well as work environment by removing the hazardous fumes out from the work environment.
- The biosafety cabinets segment can be sub-segmented into type I biosafety cabinets, type II biosafety cabinets, type III biosafety cabinets, and type IV biosafety cabinets. The biosafety cabinets segment is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Diagnostic Laboratories Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of end-user, the global laboratory fume hoods market can be segmented into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and academic & research institutes. The diagnostic laboratories segment is projected to dominate the global laboratory fume hoods market during the forecast period.
- Large clinical sample volume for testing in diagnostic laboratories and hospitals and rapidly increasing number of diagnostic laboratories across the globe are likely to contribute to dominant share of the segment during the forecast period
Asia Pacific Laboratory Fume Hoods Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global laboratory fume hoods market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by 2027.
- High prevalence of various chronic as well as acute disorders among people in the U.S., technological advancements in laboratory fume hoods, and well-established health care and life science industry in the region are anticipated to drive the market in North America from 2019 to 2027
- The laboratory fume hoods market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid increase in the number of hospitals & diagnostic laboratories, increase in health care access in densely populated countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Taiwan, and growth of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Laboratory Fume Hoods Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global laboratory fume hoods market is fragmented, with a large number of leading players accounting for major share of the market in respective regions. Key players operating in the global laboratory fume hoods market are:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Labconco Corporation
- Kewaunee Scientific Corporation
- BIOBASE Group
- Germfree Laboratories, Inc.
- Erlab DFS
- Esco Micro Pte Ltd.
- MRC Ltd.
- LaboGene A/S
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market: Research Scope
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market, by Product Type
- Chemical Fume Hoods
- Ductless Fume Hoods
- ADA Fume Hoods
- Canopy Fume Hoods
- Biosafety Cabinets
- Low Flow Fume Hoods
- Walk in Fume Hoods
- Variable Air Fume Hoods
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.