Laboratory Fume Hoods Market: Introduction
- Laboratory fume hoods are specialized self-contained enclosed workstations used to remove and/or filter out harmful and hazardous air to protect personnel from chemical fumes, particles, and vapors from laboratory environment
- The primary application of laboratory fume hood is to protect laboratory personnel from the chemicals and substances that let off harmful fumes and odor
- Laboratory fume hoods are available in different modalities based on the type of materials handled in labs and size of the lab. The most commonly used laboratory fume hoods are ductless fume hoods, chemical fume hoods, and biosafety cabinets.
- Laboratory fume hoods are widely used in hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Laboratory Fume Hoods Market Report
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market: Key Drivers
- The global laboratory fume hoods market is primarily driven by rapidly growing health care and biopharmaceutical industries across the globe. Laboratory fume hoods are integral part of any diagnostic laboratory, biopharmaceutical industry, and clinical research organization for handling different chemicals and biological samples.
- Technological advancements in laboratory fume hoods, development of sample & end-user specific fume hoods, and rise in demand for laboratory fume hoods among different end-users across the globe are anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period
- Increase in number of hospitals & diagnostic laboratories and research & development institutes; and growing pharmaceutical industry in emerging economies such as Brazil, India, China, and Russia are expected to propel the demand for laboratory fume hoods during the forecast period
Chemical Fume Hoods Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product type, the global laboratory fume hoods market can be divided into chemical fume hoods, ductless fume hoods, ADA fume hoods, canopy fume hoods, biosafety cabinets, low flow fume hoods, walk in fume hoods, variable air fume hoods, and others. The chemical fume hoods segment is likely to dominate the global laboratory fume hoods market during the forecast period.
- Chemical fume hoods are used in facilities where dangerous chemicals are handled. These fume hoods protect personnel as well as work environment by removing the hazardous fumes out from the work environment.
- The biosafety cabinets segment can be sub-segmented into type I biosafety cabinets, type II biosafety cabinets, type III biosafety cabinets, and type IV biosafety cabinets. The biosafety cabinets segment is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Diagnostic Laboratories Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of end-user, the global laboratory fume hoods market can be segmented into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and academic & research institutes. The diagnostic laboratories segment is projected to dominate the global laboratory fume hoods market during the forecast period.
- Large clinical sample volume for testing in diagnostic laboratories and hospitals and rapidly increasing number of diagnostic laboratories across the globe are likely to contribute to dominant share of the segment during the forecast period
Asia Pacific Laboratory Fume Hoods Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global laboratory fume hoods market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by 2027.
- High prevalence of various chronic as well as acute disorders among people in the U.S., technological advancements in laboratory fume hoods, and well-established health care and life science industry in the region are anticipated to drive the market in North America from 2019 to 2027
- The laboratory fume hoods market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid increase in the number of hospitals & diagnostic laboratories, increase in health care access in densely populated countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Taiwan, and growth of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Laboratory Fume Hoods Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global laboratory fume hoods market is fragmented, with a large number of leading players accounting for major share of the market in respective regions. Key players operating in the global laboratory fume hoods market are:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Labconco Corporation
- Kewaunee Scientific Corporation
- BIOBASE Group
- Germfree Laboratories, Inc.
- Erlab DFS
- Esco Micro Pte Ltd.
- MRC Ltd.
- LaboGene A/S
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market: Research Scope
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market, by Product Type
- Chemical Fume Hoods
- Ductless Fume Hoods
- ADA Fume Hoods
- Canopy Fume Hoods
- Biosafety Cabinets
- Low Flow Fume Hoods
- Walk in Fume Hoods
- Variable Air Fume Hoods
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Laboratory Fume Hoods Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.