Laboratory Disposable Products Market: Introduction
- Disposable products are primarily made from plastic, paper, polystyrene foam, or cotton. Laboratory disposables are a class of consumable products that help prevent contamination in laboratories.
- Laboratory disposables provide better results in research experiments and diagnostic tests. Furthermore, these products help eliminate reprocessing procedure, as they are not reusable. Laboratory disposables can be sterile and non-sterile, designed to work with different materials, suitable for holding different samples, resistant to chemical compounds, etc.
Key Drivers of Global Laboratory Disposable Products Market
- The global laboratory disposable products market is driven by the increase in demand for plastics in the health care industry due to its various advantages, including cost-effectiveness, light weight, versatility, and biocompatibility
- Disposable products offer better safety to patients and help avoid infectious diseases and product contamination. This is anticipated to boost the demand for laboratory disposable products during the forecast period.
- Rise in research and development in health care, increase in burden of chronic diseases, growth in number of laboratories, and rise in technological advancements are key factors boosting the laboratory disposable products market
Strategies Adopted by Key Players and Emerging Economies to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global laboratory disposable products market are focussing on catering to the needs of the medical community and patient population by introducing novel products and technologies. Leading players emphasize on research and development activities and engage in acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations to strengthen their position in the global market.
- In October 2019, BD, a leading global medical technology company, announced the launch of the BD Intevia 1mL two-step disposable autoinjector, a robust platform device combining autoinjector and pre-fillable syringe in one integrated system. The announcement was made at the Parental Drug Association’s 2019 Universe of Pre-Filled Syringes and Injection Devices conference held in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- In August 2018, QIAGEN announced a collaboration with SRL, Inc., the largest clinical testing laboratory company in Japan, to prepare for introduction of new companion diagnostics simultaneous with new drug approvals
- In July 2017, Gerresheimer announced that it had acquired an exclusive license from West Pharmaceutical Services to complete its prefillable syringes portfolio with passive syringe safety solutions
- Emerging economies offer lucrative opportunities to the laboratory disposable products market owing to increase in patient population, surge in chronic diseases, rise in initiatives by governments in the health care sector, increase in number of laboratories, and growth in research and development activities
North America to Constitute Major Share of Global Laboratory Disposable Products Market
- North America is projected to account for leading share of the global laboratory disposable products market during the forecast period due to increase in health awareness, rise in patient population, presence of well-established health care infrastructure, growth in technological advancements, rise in number of well-equipped laboratories, surge in research and development activities, and presence of key players in the region
- The laboratory disposable products market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the rise in geriartic population, increase in initiatives by governments in the health care sector, surge in incidences of chronic diseases, and increase in interest of key players in expanding their presence in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Laboratory Disposable Products Market
Leading players in the global laboratory disposable products market are focusing on research and development activities, and technological advancements. Their competitors are also emphasizing on various growth strategies including mergers, acquisitions, product advancements, product launches & approvals, partnerships, and collaborations. Prominent players operating in the global laboratory disposable products market are:
- Cardinal Health
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- McKesson Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Gerresheimer AG
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Global Laboratory Disposable Products Market: Research Scope
Global Laboratory Disposable Products Market, by Product
- Specimen Containers
- Transport Vials
- Collection and Transport Swabs
- Tissue Collectors
Global Laboratory Disposable Products Market, by Material
Global Laboratory Disposable Products Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
Global Laboratory Disposable Products Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa