Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market: Introduction
- Klinefelter syndrome is a genetic condition, wherein a male child is born with an extra X chromosome. Hence, this condition is also known as 47, XXY condition. Klinefelter syndrome is not an inherited disease, but is a chance event during the formation of the reproductive cells resulting in the presence of an extra X chromosome in each cell.
- The syndrome manifests differently among patients, with few of them having no obvious signs of the disease. Most of the patients with this syndrome exhibit different degrees of cognitive, learning, and behavioral difficulties.
- Adults with this syndrome have primary hypogonadism leading to decreased testosterone production; cryptorchidism, which is small or undescendent testes; and gynecomastia, which is enlarged breast tissue. Additionally, they suffer from infertility, an abnormal opening of the penis, and a small penis. People with Klinefelter syndrome carry a risk of breast cancer and other conditions such as chronic inflammatory disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- There is no definitive treatment for the syndrome; however, treatment is offered based on the symptoms present in patients. The treatment is provided for psychosocial problems, and for the treatment of gynecomastia and hypogonadism, among others.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market
- Klinefelter syndrome is considered to be one of the most common type of human sex chromosome disorder. It is known to occur in approximately 1 in every 500 to 1,000 males. Moreover, over 3,000 boys are born in the U.S. with this syndrome each year. This contributes to the growth of the global Klinefelter syndrome treatment market.
- Changing lifestyles of the people, contributing to the increase in rate of pregnancy after the age of 35 years, increases the risk of occurrence of klinefelter syndrome. This would contribute in creating demand for its treatment, aiding in driving the klinefelter syndrome treatment market.
- Increase in focus of Klinefelter syndrome treatment market players on the development of newer products for the treatment of Klinefelter syndrome and significant product approvals in the past few years fuel the growth of the global Klinefelter syndrome treatment market. For instance, in March 2019, Clarus Therapeutics received the U.S. FDA approval for Jatenzo, an oral testosterone capsule that would aid in the treatment of hypogonadism in Klinefelter syndrome patients. Moreover, in April 2019, the U.S. FDA approved marketing of a generic version of testosterone gel 1.62% developed by Lupin. This would aid as a replacement therapy for men with hypogonadism.
North America to Lead Global Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global Klinefelter syndrome treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global Klinefelter syndrome treatment market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the changing lifestyles contributing to the increased risk of occurrence of Klinefelter syndrome and increase in focus on the development of newer treatment options. Additionally, government and non-government organizations are focused on creating awareness about Klinefelter’s syndrome. This boosts the growth of the Klinefelter syndrome treatment market in the region.
- Europe is anticipated to account for the second largest share of the global Klinefelter syndrome treatment market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in prevalence of the syndrome in the region, increase in investments in research, and focus of organizations such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH) on creating awareness about Klinefelter syndrome among the people.
- The Klinefelter syndrome treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the growth of the health care industry, increase in awareness among the people, and rise in health care expenditure, among others.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market
The global Klinefelter syndrome treatment market is consolidated. Key players operating in the global Klinefelter syndrome treatment market include:
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals
- Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Allergan plc
- AbbVie, Inc.
Global Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Fertility Treatment
- Surgical Breast Removal
Global Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Academic & Research Centers
Global Klinefelter Syndrome Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.