Kirschner Wires Market: Introduction
- Kirschner wires (K wire) are thin wires or pins, also called surgical bone pins, which are used for stabilizing bone fragments. The K wires are known as stabilization pins and are widely preferred in the orthopedic surgery. These wires are placed though bone to hold the fragments intact. K wires can be placed or inserted percutaneously i.e., through the skin. K wires are available in various sizes and are most commonly used to balance or maintain the broken bones. Kirschner wires are placed temporarily until the bone fracture has healed. These wires are generally placed for an average of two to three weeks for clinically healing the fracture. K wires are usually made from stainless steel material, majorly recommended for fixation of smaller bones, and these wires are also used in combination with plates or screws for complex fractures. These K wires are used in fixing the patients with the poor bone quality.
- Growing fractures amongst adults and pediatrics are leading to wide usage of K wires and major studies are providing understanding about the efficient usage of K wires in managing hand fracture conditions. K wires are easy to remove. However, a risk of infections can be possible due to wires buried beneath the skin. As per NCBI result published in 2018, hand fractures are second most common type of fracture which accounted for 20% of the fractures usually happened in the adulthood. Kirschner wires are considered to be the most common type of surgery fixation.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Kirschner Wires Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Kirschner Wires Market
- Rise in number of surgeries in orthopedic, plastic, dental, and other medical conditions are likely to drive the market of the global kirschner wires. Technological advancements; rise in number of minimal invasive surgeries; growing orthopedic, plastic, oral, dental, and other condition in need of associated surgeries; and availability of various customized kirschner wires are likely to augment the global kirschner wires market. Strong distributorship network and presence of key players across the world are likely to boost the growth of the global kirschner wires market.
- As per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2018, 17.7 million cosmetic procedures, 1.8 million surgical procedures, and 15.9 million minimal invasive procedures were performed. As per NCBI research, approximately 22.3 million orthopedic surgeries were performed in 2019. All the above statistics are likely to fuel the growth of the global kirschner wires market during the forecast period.
North America to Lead Global Kirschner Wires Market
- In terms of region, the global kirschner wires market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global kirschner wires market during the forecast period, owing to higher number of minimal invasive surgeries; increasing orthopedic injuries; and increasing prevalence of orthopedic, dental, foot, ankle, and lower extremity conditions. Moreover, aging baby boomers, increase in geriatric population, and growing sports injuries are likely to propel the kirschner wires market in North America. Moreover, rising expertise in performing various surgeries and presence of various key players offering kirschner wires is another factor anticipated to propel the market in North America. Supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and demand for better treatment are factors anticipated to augment the market in North America. Europe was the second largest market for global kirschner wires market in 2019, followed by Asia Pacific. Strong distributors’ networks and availability of product through local vendors are likely to drive the kirschner wires market in Europe.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing market for kirschner wires during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in minimally invasive surgeries including orthopedic, oral & dental, plastic, and veterinary surgeries. Moreover, k wires are available in customized size, diameters, length, tips and are manufactured as per specific application for skeletal traction process. These factors are likely to boost the growth of the kirschner wires market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Kirschner Wires Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Kirschner Wires Market
The global kirschner wires market is fragmented, with the presence of a number of large and small players. Major players operating in the global kirschner wires market are:
- Zimmer Biomet
- Arthrex, Inc.
- Depuy Synthesis Companies (J&J)
- MEDIN, a.s.
- OrthoMed, Inc.
- Custom Wire technologies, Inc.
- Micromed Medizintechnik GmbH
Global Kirschner Wires Market: Research Scope
Global Kirschner Wires Market, by Product Type
- K wire Trocar
- K wire Diamond
- K wire Medin
Global Kirschner Wires Market, by Application
- Podiatry Surgery
- Dental & Oral Surgery
- Veterinary Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
Global Kirschner Wires Market, by End-user
- Specialty Centers
Global Kirschner Wires Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis