Global Kidney Stone Management Devices – Overview
Kidney stones can happen in one or both kidneys. It generally affects people between the age bracket of 30 to 60 years as per the National Health Service (NHS). Moreover, the prevalence of kidney stones is almost three in 20 men and nearly two in 20 women as per the NHS. With such growing prevalence, naturally, the global market for kidney stone management devices is projected to witness a promising growth in the coming years of the forecast period.
Global Kidney Stone Management Devices – Notable Developments
The global kidney stone management devices market has a highly fragmented competitive landscape due to the presence of several key players. The companies in the market are Bard Medical Division, Coloplast Group, Allengers Medical Systems, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cook Medical, Electro Medical Systems, Lumenis Ltd., Storz Medical AG, Dornier Medtech, and Richard Wolf GmbH.
Some of the key developments in the global kidney stone management devices market are listed below:
- In 2017, Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI), scientific data research center for the Urinary Stone Disease Research Network, launched a two year clinical trial to determine the ways to prevent recurrence of kidney stones.
- In 2016, American Urological Association (AUA) released new guidelines for surgical treatment of patients with renal stones. The most pertinent change was decision about treatment and therapy for kidney stones, which should be shared between physician and patients.
- Boston Scientific launched LithoVue single use digital flexible ureteroscopes in Europe in 2016, which provided high-quality visualization better than leading ureteroscopes at the time.
Global Kidney Stone Management Devices – Drivers and Restraints
There are multiple factors that are helping to drive the overall development of the global kidney stone management devices market. One of the key driving factors for the market development has been the launch of new and innovative products in the market. These products are catering to treat kidney stones irrespective of their sizes.
Another important factor for the growth of the global kidney stone management devices market is the increasing research and development activities in the field of urology. With these growing activities, new and innovative products are coming into the market. Moreover, the treatment methods for kidney stone are getting more sophisticated and easy. This too is expected to drive the market in the coming years of the forecast period.
Increasing preference of patients to undergo minimally invasive surgeries is also projected to drive the development of the market in the near future.
Global Kidney Stone Management Devices – Geographical Outlook
In terms of the geographical outlook, the global kidney stone management devices market is segmented into five key regions. These regions are Latin America, North America, Middle East and Africa, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Of these, presently, the global kidney stone management devices market is being dominated by the regional segment of North America. The growth of the region is mainly attributed to the increasing prevalence of kidney stone among patients in countries such as the US and Canada. In addition to this, the presence of a well-established and a matured healthcare infrastructure is also a key reason behind the development of the kidney stone management devices market in North America.
On the other hand, the regional segment of Asia Pacific is projected to witness a promising growth in the coming years of the forecast period ranging from 2020 to 2030. The growth of the regional market is due to the increasing healthcare spending by emerging economies such as India and China. Moreover, growing number of kidney stone cases is also expected to drive the market growth of Asia Pacific in the near future.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.