Kidney Function Tests Market: Introduction
- Kidneys are among the most vital organs of the human body. Kidneys acts as blood filters, reabsorbing the essential elements and removing the water-soluble waste products from the blood. Kidneys play an important role in the body. Hence, they require constant regeneration of dead nephrons and proper blood circulation to maintain healthy cell growth, otherwise they become vulnerable to cancerous tumors and metastasis. The functional damage of the kidney is common across the world and its incidence is increasing. The symptoms which indicate a problem related to kidneys include high blood pressure, blood in urine, difficulty in urination, frequent urges to urinate, and swelling in the hands and feet due to a buildup of fluids in the body.
- Kidney function tests, or renal tests, can be categorized into concentration & dilution tests, clearance tests (provide an assessment of the filtration rate of the glomeruli, the principal filtering structures of the kidneys and whole renal blood flow), visual & physical examination of urine, and determination of the concentration of numerous substances in the urine, such as glucose, phosphate, sodium, amino acids, and potassium, to help detect possible impairment of the specific kidney functions generally involved with their reabsorption.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Kidney Function Tests Market
- Increase in incidence and prevalence of chronic kidney disease across the world is a major factor boosting the growth of the global kidney function tests market. According to the Global Burden of Disease Study, 697.5 million cases of chronic kidney disease (CKD) were recorded across the world in 2017. China (132 million cases) and India (115 million cases) accounted for nearly a third of all CKD cases. Therefore, rise in prevalence of chronic kidney disease (CKD) is projected to fuel the growth of the global kidney function tests market.
- Moreover, public-private organizations are working to make kidney disease diagnostics more accessible in key areas. For example, in July 2020, the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) released a new kidney health evaluation measure designed exclusively for diabetic patients. The new guidelines recommend that diabetic patients be tested for kidney damage on a regular basis. These activities are expected to generate a favorable environment for market expansion. However, increase in stringent regulatory approvals and health care expenditure are factors expected to hamper the growth of the global kidney function tests market in the near future.
- According to various studies, the coronavirus has an impact on patients' kidney function. According to a recent kidney and blood pressure research, over 40% of admitted COVID-19 patients showed symptoms of abnormal kidney function, such as albuminuria or hematuria. According to a research published by the National Kidney Foundation, COVID-19 patients were twice as likely as non-COVID-19 individuals to develop acute kidney injury (AKI). According to health officials, COVID-19 patients with an AKI are recommended to get tested on a regular basis, as per health officials, because their risk of developing CKD is higher than that of other patients. These factors are likely to propel the global kidney function tests market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Kidney Function Tests Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global kidney function tests market during the forecast period owing to high prevalence of the disease, especially in the U.S., well-established healthcare infrastructure, and high affordability and awareness levels of the people in this region.
- The kidney function tests market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is attributed to increase in number of high blood pressure and diabetes patients, who develop chronic kidney diseases, rise in health awareness, and surge in demand for advanced diagnostic and therapeutic regimens for chronic kidney diseases in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Kidney Function Tests Market
The global kidney function tests market is highly competitive and mature due to the participation and presence of several established as well as new players.
Major players operating in the global kidney function tests market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Galectin Therapeutics, Inc.
- Baxter International Inc.
- Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Siemens Healthineers
- Abbott Laboratories
- Sysmex Corporation
- Randox Laboratories
- Other Prominent Players
Global Kidney Function Tests Market: Research Scope
Global Kidney Function Tests Market, by Product
Global Kidney Function Tests Market, by End-user
- Diagnostics Laboratories
- Research Laboratories & Institutes
Global Kidney Function Tests Market, by Test Type
- Urine Tests
- Blood Tests
- Dilution & Concentration Tests
- Other Tests
Global Kidney Function Tests Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.