Blood Filters Market: Introduction
- Blood filters are filtration systems used to remove microaggregates from the donor blood. These microaggregates consist of platelets, leucocytes, and fibrin aggregates that if left in the donor blood can lead to several complications such as pulmonary microembolism.
- White blood cells (leukocytes) present in donor blood can potentially suppress the recipient’s immune system. A compromised immune system can increase the risk of contracting infections, multiple organ failure, and other complications in post-surgical patients effectively, thereby reducing the patient’s survival rate.
- Moreover, leucocytes also harbor several viruses (such as cytomegalovirus, Human T-cell Lymphotrophic virus and Epstein-Barr virus) and bacteria (including Yersinia), which can significantly diminish prospect of cure for patients with certain malignancies
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Blood Filters Market
- Rapid increase in global disease burden and number of trauma cases is rapidly fueling the demand for blood transfusions across the globe. According to various estimates, every 3 seconds, someone in the world requires blood transfusion. Increase in trauma and accident cases worldwide is a major driver for the blood filters market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1.25 million people are killed in road accidents across the globe every year.
- Increase in the geriatric population vulnerable to chronic illnesses is raising the demand for surgical procedures across the world
- Rise in geriatric population and inpatient surgical procedures is also driving the global blood filters market. According to the International Population Report, in 2015, the geriatric population accounted for 8.5% of the world’s total population. The geriatric population is projected to almost double to reach 1.6 billion between 2025 and 2050.
- The number of patients with different chronic diseases is increasing rapidly across the world. This is likely to boost the number of surgical procedures; consequently, propelling the global blood filters market in the near future.
Surgery to Lead Global Market
- The global blood filters market can be segmented based on material, application, and region
- In terms of material, the global market can be classified into polycarbonate, ABS, polyester, and others. In terms of application, the market can be segmented into blood processing and blood transfusion.
Asia Pacific to be Lucrative Market for Blood Filters
- The global blood filters market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rapid economic development in India, China, Brazil, South Africa, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has increased the healthcare expenditure and affordability for better healthcare products such as blood filters. Increased hospitalization led by rising prevalence of cardiac disorders and increasing prevalence of chronic diseases fueling the number of surgical procedures in the country are major factors that are projected to drive the blood filters market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Blood Filters Market
Leading players operating in the global blood filters market include:
- Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd.
- Braile Biomedica
- Chengdu Shuanglu Medical Devices Co., Ltd.
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA
- Haemonetics Corporation
Global Blood Filters Market: Research Scope
Global Blood Filters Market, by Material
Global Blood Filters Market, by Application
- Blood Processing
- Blood Transfusion
Global Blood Filters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.