Ketotifen Fumarate: Introduction
- Ketotifen Fumarate is the fumarate salt of ketotifen, a cycloheptathiophene analog with anti-allergic action. Ketotifen inhibits histamine (H1) receptors selectively and avoids usual effects caused by the release of histamine. This agent also interferes with the release of mast cell inflammatory mediators implicated in hypersensitivity reactions, thus reducing eosinophils' chemotaxis and activation.
- Ketotifen fumarate is also an anti-asthmatic non-bronchodilator agent that prevents the effects of certain endogenous compounds that are believed to mediate inflammation, which exerts anti-allergic action.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Ketotifen Fumarate Market
- Rise increased prevalence of allergic asthma and allergic rhino-conjunctivitis
- According to a survey released by the World Health Organization (WHO), prevalence of existing asthma increased from 8.4% in 1999 to 9.8% in 2006 and 10.8% in 2018. Allergic asthma has risen from 5.2% in 1999 to 6.3% in 2006 and 7.5% in 2018; however, the incidence of non-allergic asthma remained constant at about 3.4% to 3.8%. Physician-diagnosed asthma, asthma medication use, and allergic rhino-conjunctivitis also increased significantly.
- Significant increase in the prevalence of allergic asthma and allergic rhino-conjunctivitis is projected to boost the demand for treatment of these diseases and subsequently, propel the ketotifen fumarate market
- Side-effects associated with the treatment
- Common side-effects associated with Ketotifen fumarate are burning, stinging, irritation of the eye, headache, bad taste in mouth, and increased sensitivity to light. Excess Ketotifen fumarate may lead to unwanted systemic bioavailability of active ingredients, leading to further complications.
- Children are more prone to systemic side-effects as compared to adults, which is likely to hamper the market
Ketotifen Fumarate Market: Segmentation
- In terms of type, the global ketotifen fumarate market can be divided into bare 0.25mg, 0.35mg, and others
- In terms of application, the global ketotifen fumarate market can be split into asthma, rhinitis, skin allergies, and others
- Based on distribution channel, the global ketotifen fumarate market can be segregated into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Asia Pacific Ketotifen Fumarate Market to Expand at a Rapid Pace
- In terms of region, the global ketotifen fumarate market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to be a highly attractive region of the ketotifen fumarate market during the forecast period, owing to the high cost of prescription drugs and a significant number of people in this region covered by medical insurance
- Europe and Asia Pacific are also likely to be lucrative regions of the market. This is attributed to a rise in awareness in developing countries, such as India, regarding minor eye disorders
- High incidences of ocular allergies in countries in Europe as well as prevalence of rare forms of ocular allergy is boosting the ketotifen fumarate market in the region
Leading Players Operating in Global Ketotifen Fumarate Market
The global ketotifen fumarate market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global ketotifen fumarate market are:
- Akorn inc
- Allergan Inc.
- Apotex Inc.
- Bausch & Lomb Inc.
- Ciba Vision Canada Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals
Global Ketotifen Fumarate Market: Research Scope
Global Ketotifen Fumarate Market, by Type
Global Ketotifen Fumarate Market, by Application
- Skin Allergies
Global Ketotifen Fumarate Market, by End-users
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Ketotifen Fumarate Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.