Keratosis Pilaris Treatment Market: Overview
- Keratosis Pilaris is a non-contagious skin disorder that causes the outermost layers of skin to thicken, especially on the upper arms and thighs, buttocks, and on the face
- Keratosis pilaris is a harmless skin condition, which causes small, hard bumps that make skin feel like sandpaper. The bumps are often light-colored which usually appear on upper arms, thighs, and buttocks, sometimes with redness or swelling.
- Keratosis pilaris is caused by a buildup of keratin which gets infected by prolonged infection or harmful things. It often affects people with certain skin conditions such as eczema.
- There is no cure for keratosis pilaris but moisturizing lotions or creams may help the skin look and feel better. A variety of these products is available in over-the-counter and prescription mode.
- The global keratosis pilaris treatment market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increase in prevalence of eczema, rise in prescription rate of treatment for skin disorders by physicians, and increase in awareness about complications of skin allergy & infection are expected to drive the market.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Keratosis Pilaris Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Keratosis Pilaris Treatment Market
- Rise in keratosis pilaris population, increase in demand for number of drugs for keratosis pilaris treatment by physicians, and rise in environmental changes & pollution level in urban cities are expected to drive the global keratosis pilaris treatment market
- According to the British Association of Dermatologists, keratosis pilaris (KP) is present in half the population. It affects 50% to 70% of adolescents and approximately 40% of adults. This usually starts in childhood and becomes more obvious during adolescence and adulthood.
- Increase in preference of keratosis pilaris treatment at home, rise in usage of prescription mode of treatment of keratosis pilaris, and long-lasting results of therapies are important factors likely to fuel the market during the next few years
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Keratosis Pilaris Treatment Market
- North America is projected to account for prominent share of the market during the forecast period. Increase in awareness about keratosis pilaris, high rate of adoption of solutions owing to increased physician prescriptions, and advancements in laser therapy in the U.S. are expected to drive the market in the region.
- Favorable regulation policies, expansion in number of sale through online pharmacies for keratosis pilaris, and rise in funding provided by private players for R&D are anticipated to propel the segment during the forecast period
- Increase in number of visits of patients with keratosis pilaris and focus of new players to enter into partnership with pharmacies are anticipated to propel the market in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Keratosis Pilaris Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global keratosis pilaris treatment market are:
- Neostrata Company, INC.
- Summit Medical Group
Global Keratosis Pilaris Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Keratosis Pilaris Treatment Market, by Modality
Global Keratosis Pilaris Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Topical Exfoliates
- Topical Retinoid
- Laser Treatment
Global Keratosis Pilaris Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.