- JFET (junction gate field-effect transistor) is a type of field-effect transistor. It is a three- terminal semiconductor device that can be used as amplifier, electronically-controlled switch, or voltage-controlled resistor.
- JFET consists of a channel of semiconducting material that acts as a resistor and through this channel a current flows, which is controlled by a voltage (electric field) applied to its gate
- JFET is usually ON when there is no potential difference between its gate and source terminals
- JFETs are voltage controlled devices, and key features of JFETs include a large input impedance and low noise
- JFETs are available in three forms: through hole, surface mount, and bare die
- JFETs are used in various applications such as buffer amplifiers, electronic switches, phase shift oscillators, and voltage regulators
Rise in Demand for JFETs for Use in Military Applications
- JFETs are prominently used in military applications to control the flow of electric current in the electric switches
- JFETs are used in various end-use applications in medical, automotive, and aerospace & defense industries. Switches used in choppers consist of an electronic switch that is useful for operations such as fast switching, low noise, and mid and high frequency designs, suitable for military applications.
- Manufacturers of JFET systems are continually engaged in development of technologically advanced JFETs for use in military and automotive applications, which is anticipated to bolster the growth of the global JEFTs market during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on JFETs Market, Request for a Sample
Increasing Use of JFETs for Use in Semiconductor Applications
- JFETs are largely used in semiconductor product applications to control the flow of electric current in the circuit. For instance, JFETs are used in audio amplifier applications to provide low noise, low frequency, and audio solutions to voltage controlled resistors (VCR).
- JEFTs play an important role in ultra-high input impedance applications as they are targeted for mid to high frequency designs. Thus, demand for JFETs for semiconductor applications is growing, which is expected to drive the global JFETs market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead the JFETs Market
- In terms of region, the global JFETs market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global JFETs market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of JFETs operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players from Asia Pacific are focusing on technological advancement in semiconductor products, due to the growing opportunity, which is expected to boost the JFETs market in the region during the forecast period
- The JFETs market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global JFETs Market
The global JFETs market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for JFETs. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global JFETs market include:
- Central Semiconductor Corp.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- InterFET Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors
- ON Semiconductor
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- ROHM Co., Ltd.
- Silicon Supplies
- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global JFETs Market: Research Scope
Global JFETs Market, by Type
- Surface Mount
- Bare die
Global JFETs Market, by Application
- Electronic Switch
- Phase Shift Oscillator
- Voltage Regulator
Global JFETs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.