Jet lag is a group of various symptoms shown by physiologic alterations that occur when the body is shifted into a new time zone. Travel tiredness and exhaustion is a more complex addition of various physiologic, psychological, and environmental factors that arise during an individual trip, collecting over the course of a season. Jet lag has been observed in pilots, air travelers, cabin crew members, physicians, and athletes. The effect of travel between various continents and extensive travel by passengers can result in physiologic upset and a complicated set of mental and physical symptoms. Currently, there is a culture of disregard and lack of knowledge regarding the negative effects of jet lag on the performance and well-being of a person. In addition, the key physiologic metric that guides jet lag treatment is difficult, and thus make limitations to therapeutics available today. Jet lag is a common problem for many air travelers. Currently, there is no standard definition of this disorder, but most studies include symptoms of weakness, fatigue, decreased daytime alertness, difficulty concentrating, memory problems, daytime sleepiness, and lack of energy after a long flight. Jet lag disorder is generally temporary and usually does not need medication and treatment. Within few days the condition often improves although sometimes symptoms last longer. However, if an air traveler is continuously bothered by jet lag, medications or light therapy to improve jet lag may be prescribed by a doctor.
The global jet lag therapy market has been segmented based on product type, end-user, and region. In terms of product type, the market has been categorized into prescription medication, jet lag wearable devices and light box, and melatonin and herbal medication. The melatonin and herbal medication segment holds the largest share of the jet lag therapy market due to increasing incidence of jet lag globally. Based on end-user, the market has been classified into athletics, journalists & bloggers, business executives, pilot & cabin crew, and other travelers. The business executives segment held the largest share of the market due to excessive traveling of business persons from one region to another on business.
Geographically, the jet lag therapy market has been segmented into five major regions: North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, U.K., etc.), Asia Pacific (Australia, China, Japan, India, etc.), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, etc.), and Middle East &Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, etc.). North America is the leading market for jet lag therapy in terms of revenue, followed by Europe. The U.S. holds the largest share of the market in the region. Asia Pacific and Latin America are emerging markets, which are expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period from 2017 to 2025. Strong growth in these regions is attributed to increasing air travelers, rising health care industries, and increase in government investment to develop health care infrastructure. The jet lag therapy market in countries such as China, India, and Brazil is projected to expand at high growth rate during the forecast period due to increase in awareness among the population about jet lag and its therapy.
Other factors that drive the jet lag therapy market are rising number of air travelers, convenience of direct purchase, high adoption and acceptance in developing markets, and innovations and developments in therapy. The market is also experiencing certain restraints such as stiff competition among existing players, high possibilities of substance abuse and addiction, complications and severity involved in taking wrong medications due to misdiagnosis or incorrect self-diagnosis, and lack of awareness among the population in developing and underdeveloped economies.
Major players operating in the jet lag therapy market include Ayo (Novalogy), The Litebook Company Ltd., Lumie, Lucimed S.A., Nature Bright, Northern Light Technologies, Re-Time Pty Ltd., and Chrono Eyewear BV.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.