IVF-Procedure Market: Introduction
- This 21st century has witnessed a rise in the number of infertility cases around the world due to an increase in sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy habits such as smoking, consumption of liquor and tobacco, which cause infertility.
- In vitro Fertilization (IVF) is a widely used approach to deal with infertility. In IVF, mature eggs are collected through ovaries from a donor mother and fertilized by sperm from a donor father in a lab. Subsequently, fertilized eggs (embryos) are transferred to the uterus of a mother where the embryos undergo cell division (mitosis) to produce a blastocyst and develop into a fully mature baby.
- One full cycle of IVF takes about three weeks. In this whole procedure, firstly the ovaries are triggered to release the eggs. After the release of eggs, they are collected via injection, which is further followed by collection of semen from the father. When both eggs and semen have been collected, they are fused in vitro. After fertilization, the embryo is collected in a tube and is kept for dividing for different number of cells. After division of some cell types, the embryo is transferred to the mother’s uterus where it undergoes division to form a fully mature baby.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global IVF-Procedure Market
- Rise in the median age of first-time motherhood and increase in incidence of infertility due to lifestyle changes are some factors that propel the IVF procedure market. The chances of a woman to become a mother decreases as the median age for first-time motherhood keeps increasing. Consequently, sometimes, women opt for IVF treatments. These are key factors that are expected to drive the IVF procedure market.
- Decline in fertility rates, delayed and lower ectopic pregnancies, and an increase in the number of people living a sedentary lifestyle that includes consumption of alcohol and tobacco, which leads to infertility, and growing public awareness about available treatment options for treatment of infertility and technology advancements are major factors that are projected to fuel the IVF procedure market
- High cost of IVF procedures and complications associated, low success rate of IVF treatments leading to the birth of a fully mature baby, and lack of insurance coverage for the treatment are key factors that are estimated to hamper the market.
Fresh cycle segment to dominate global IVF procedure market
- Based on type of cycle, the global IVF procedure market can be divided into fresh non-donor, frozen non-donor, fresh donor, and frozen donor
- The fresh non-donor segment accounted for a prominent share of the market for in-vitro fertilization in 2019 due to the high success rate in the first attempt, as fresh embryo transfers lead to better chances of pregnancy and high birth rates as compared to people who received frozen embryos.
- The frozen non-donor segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years, as the procedure can be performed even in complicated cases
Fertility clinics segment to expand significantly
- Based on end user, the global IVF procedure market can be classified into fertility clinics, hospitals, and surgical centers.
- The fertility clinics segment accounted for a notable share, in terms of revenue, of the IVF market. It is likely to dominate the market due to a rise in number of fertility clinics, increase in infertility cases and counseling services offered to couples. Fertility clinics provide some state-of-the-art equipment such as micromanipulation and non-invasive Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags, which contribute to the dominant share held by the segment in the global IVF procedure market.
Asia Pacific to dominate global IVF procedure market
- In terms of region, the global IVF procedure market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounts for a significant share of the global market, followed by Europe. Increase in median age of first-time motherhood, rise in infertility rates, and increase in incidence of obesity are key factors that help Asia Pacific to dominate the global IVF procedure market.
- Europe is expected to follow Asia Pacific, in terms of share of the global IVF procedure market. This can be attributed to increase in obesity rates, rise in age of first-time pregnancy, and decrease in birthrates in Germany.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global IVF procedure market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- EMD Serono Inc.
- Vitrolife AB
- Irvine Scientific
- Cook Medical Inc
- Cooper Surgical Inc
- Genea Biomedx
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
- Progyny, Inc
- Boston IVF
Global IVF-Procedure Market: Research Scope
Global IVF-Procedure Market, by Type of Cycle
- Fresh non-donor
- Frozen non-donor
- Fresh donor
- Frozen donor
Global IVF-Procedure Market, by End user
- Fertility Clinics
- Surgical Centers
- Research Laboratories
Global High Flux Membrane Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.