Itraconazole Drug Market: Introduction
- Itraconazole is an antifungal drug that is used in adults to treat infections caused by fungus. This includes infections in different parts of the body including the lungs, mouth or throat, toenails or fingernails, which often results in itching, cracking, and redness in the area and in very rare cases, the skin may blister. The drug comes in three forms: capsule, ointment, and powder. The drug is taken mostly in the form of capsule. The capsule exhibits best results when consumed with acidic drinks (For instance, cola and acidic fruit juices) or foods (especially high-fat foods) that improve the absorption of itraconazole from the GI tract.
- Itraconazole is a type of antifungal drug that functions the same as other azole drugs. It interferes with an enzyme that’s important for creation of the fungal cell membrane, which makes the cell membrane unstable and thus leads to its death. Fungal infections can happen to anyone; however, they’re more common in people with weakened immune systems such as people who are hospitalized, having HIV or AIDS, under going through cancer treatment, taking medication immune suppressants. Transplant recipients are mostly prescribed an antifungal drug, which includes usage of Itraconazole.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Itraconazole Drug Market
- Surge in the cases of serious fungal infections has been witnessed globally. According to NCBI (National Centre for Biotechnology Information) of the U.S., approximately 300 million life-threatening fungal infections occur annually, resulting in more than 1.5 million deaths annually. Ongoing development of drugs by market players is expected to drive the global ltraconazole drugs market. Rise in the prevalence of fungal infections and awareness levels pertaining to myriad fungal infections has boosted the demand for Itraconazole drug.
- Counterfeit of drugs and resistance toward antifungal drugs among people are likely to hamper the Itraconazole drug market. Furthermore, side-effects due to careless dosage of drug, resulting in issues such as nausea vomiting diarrhoea, constipation, and bloating, has created a fear among users, which has also restrained the market.
- People living with diseases that weaken the immune system of the human body, such as HIV AIDS, undergoing cancer treatment etc., have a higher risk of antifungal infection. Moreover, continuous usage of azole antifungal agents in large-scale farming is believed to cause numerous community acquired fungal infections. These rising numbers are estimated to offer opportunity to cater a vast population in the near future.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Itraconazole drug Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global itraconzole drug market due to the prevalence of onychomycosis in the U.S. population as a whole is 13%, and it is more prevalent in the geriatric population (60%). Onychomycosis is a highly common fungal infection and accounts for half of all nail disorders. For the treatment of onychomycosis, iltraconazole drug has been clinically approved since the mid-1990s in the U.S. The approved dosage for treatment is once a daily (QD) 200mg for 12 weeks.
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for the second-largest share of the global market, due to the presence of high-density population countries such as India and China where the usage of antifungal drug is on a rise due to the awareness related to antifungal infection
Key Players Operating in Global Itraconazole Drug Market
The global itraconazole drug tumour treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global itraconazole drug tumour market are:
- Mylan N.V.
- Zydus Cadila.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Par Pharmaceutical
- Accord Healthcare
- Strides Pharma Science Limited
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Apotex Inc.
- Alkem Laboratories Limited.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Annora Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- Sebela Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mayne Pharma
- Albemarle Corporation,
- Nosch Labs Private Limited
Global Itraconazole drug Market: Research Scope
Global Itraconazole drug Tumor Treatment Market: by Infection type
Global Itraconazole drug Tumor Treatment Market, by Form
Global Itraconazole drug Tumor Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.