Isoxazoline Market (Product Type: Fluralaner, Afoxolaner, Sarolaner, and Lotilaner; and Pet Type: Dog and Cat) – U.S. Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Precautionary Measures for Pets during COVID-19 Pandemic Fuels Demand for Isoxazoline Drugs
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic-related mobility issues have led to pet owners stocking up on consumables and medications for their cats and dogs. Companies in the U.S. Isoxazoline market have strengthened their supply chains to tide over uncertainties in demand. According to latest veterinary news, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has approved a novel combination Isoxazoline parasite preventive for dogs in the U.S. This has created incremental opportunities for manufacturers in the U.S. Isoxazoline market.
Pharma companies are experiencing a decline in the demand for drugs and topical medications for pets. However, concerned pet owners are ensuring steady supply of drugs and medications from their insurance companies and suppliers. The awareness about standard precautionary measures for pets during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has fueled the demand for drugs and medications.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Isoxazoline Market
Isoxazolines or Imidacloprid-Moxidectin Combination: Which is More Effective in Treatment of Red Mange?
There is a high prevalence of generalized demodicosis or red mange in dogs. Ongoing investigations in Isoxazoline and a combination of imidacloprid and moxidectin are being debated in the field of parasitology. It has been found that Isoxazolines have a comparable efficacy over combination of imidacloprid and moxidectin. Fluralaner, sarolaner, and afoxolaner hold promising potentials in the treatment of generalized demodicosis in dogs. As such, afoxolaner is not only projected to hold a lion’s share, in terms of value, but its products are anticipated for exponential growth during the assessment period in the U.S. Isoxazoline market.
Companies in the U.S. Isoxazoline market are streamlining their production activities as per changing dosage frequencies for dogs. The severity of red mange among dogs is laying the basis for drug manufacturing.
Drug Resistance Leads to Investments in Resistance-breaking Antiparasitics with New Modes of Action
The U.S. Isoxazoline market is predicted to expand at a favorable CAGR of ~14% during the forecast period. However, many pet owners are encountering drug resistance issues in their cats and dogs. This has triggered the need for novel resistance-breaking antiparasitics with new mechanisms/modes of action. Pharma companies must invest in new modalities pertaining to parasitic vaccines or environment-friendly interventions to increase the availability of efficacious treatments. Companies in the U.S. Isoxazoline market are increasing their R&D in oxime-participating cyclization strategy for the construction of efficacious compounds.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Innovations with Oral Formulations for Sarolaner Prove Efficacious in Treatment of Ticks and Fleas
Apart from fluralaner and afoxolaner, companies in the U.S. Isoxazoline market are increasing their focus in sarolaner, which is found to be highly effective against ticks and fleas in dogs. Once a month administration of sarolaner is being recommended by veterinarians. The FDA approval of sarolaner is encouraging manufacturers in the U.S. Isoxazoline market to innovate in new drug formulations and topical solutions. For instance, Zoetis— one of the key producers of medicine and vaccinations for pets and livestock is gaining market recognition for developing sarolaner from azetidine-based Isoxazoline lead.
Pharma companies are increasing their production capacities in oral formulations for sarolaner, since topical formulations are typically washed off or licked off by dogs.
Lotilaner Tablets Well Tolerated in Cats against Flea Egg Production
The U.S. Isoxazoline market is projected to exceed US$ 3.6 Bn by the end of 2030. This is evident since pharma companies are experimenting with chewables and spot-on formulations for the treatment of generalized demodicosis in dogs. This has created business avenues for manufacturers, since red mange is potentially challenging to cure with the help of traditional strategies.
On the other hand, companies in the U.S. Isoxazoline market are boosting clinical trials in lotilaner to assess its efficacy against adult cat flea. Even dogs are administered orally with lotilaner to prevent flea egg production. Reduced adverse events with lotilaner are being preferred by veterinarians and pet owners.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Isoxazoline Market
The coronavirus has fueled the demand for antiparasitics induced with Isoxazoline, owing to awareness about standard precautionary measures from veterinarians and healthcare associations. The U.S. Isoxazoline market is anticipated to surpass the production of ~183,514 units by 2030. However, Isoxazoline medications for flea and tick are being linked with muscle tremors and seizures in cats and dogs. Hence, companies should conduct surveys and invest in novel drug formulations, and innovate with preventatives such as non-toxic flea shampoos and combs to overcome the issue of adverse events in pets. Manufacturers should increase their production capabilities in lotilaner tablets and sarolaner medications that are well-tolerated in cats and dogs.
U.S. Isoxazoline Market: Overview
- Isoxazoline is a relatively new chemical class of five-membered heterocyclic chemical compounds that contains one atom each of oxygen and nitrogen located adjacent to one another. Isoxazoline compounds, which include fluralaner, afoxolaner, sarolaner, and lotilaner, are considered active ingredients to produce tick repellents.
- Ticks are parasites and non-flying insects that are commonly found on dogs, cats, and other animals. The host must come in actual contact with a tick for the host to become a parasite. Ticks are harmful for pets, causing transmission of diseases such as the lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, tularemia, and STARI (Southern tick-associated rash illness). Tick must attach itself to a host for hours in order for diseases to be transmitted. Several repellents and insect killers as well as growth inhibitors are available commercially to protect pets from tick bites.
- In the U.S., the pet care market is highly mature as compared to that in other countries in North America. In the U.S., the share of topical solution Isoxazoline-based tick repellent products is more than Isoxazoline-based chewable tick repellent products; however, the demand for chewable tick repellent products is increasing. Fluralaner and Afoxolaner are major active ingredients present in spot on Isoxazoline based tick repellent products in the U.S.
- In May 2020, the U.S., Committee for Medicinal Products for Veterinary Use (CVMP) of US FDA approved the “Bravecto” brand of Isoxazoline-based chewable tick repellent products for companion animals, which provide a protection for 12 weeks in 112.5 mg, 250 mg, 500 mg, 1000 mg, 1400 mg doses. In May 2016, it provided approval for spot-on “Bravecto” solutions for cats and dogs. Fluralaner is a major active ingredient present in chewable tick repellent tablets in the U.S.
- The isoxazoline market in the U.S. has been segmented based on product type and pet type. In terms of product type, the Isoxazoline market has been divided into Fluralaner, Afoxolaner, Sarolaner, and Lotilaner. Based on pet type, the Isoxazoline market in the U.S. has been classified into dogs and cats.
Key Growth Drivers of U.S. Isoxazoline Market
- As per the data published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, pet owners in the country spent almost US$ 87 Bn on pets, including dogs and cats, in 2018, a significant increase of 50% from US$ 57.8 Bn in 2013. During the same period, disposable income of people in the U.S. increased by 23%. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the veterinary products market, which includes Isoxazoline-based compounds, expanded at a CAGR of 1.6% to reach a value of US$ 21.23 Bn in 2018.
- According to Lending Tree, the total average annual household expenditure on pets in the U.S. increased from US$ 460 in 2013, and it expanded at a CAGR of 11% to reach US$ 460 in 2018. Furthermore, the top 20% of the U.S. population in terms of income increased their pet expenditure by 70% between 2013 and 2018 to spend an average of US$ 1,523. This increase in expenditure on pets and rise in pet ownership in the U.S. is estimated to augment the demand for chewable tablets or topical solutions containing molecules belonging to Isoxazoline compounds that are used as tick or flea repellents.
Key Challenges for U.S. Isoxazoline Market
- Stringency of rules and regulations for Isoxazoline-based products administered on companion animals such as dogs and cats has been increasing across the globe. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) formed a Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) that provides approval for drugs, including Isoxazoline-based products, to be used in animals. Along with the FDA, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) also regulates Isoxazoline-based products to be used in animals. Generally, an animal drug (including Isoxazoline) must be approved by the FDA before it is made commercially available in the U.S. It must be registered with the EPA before the animal product is marketed. In the U.S., the EPA has devised rules and regulations to control the sale of spot-on Isoxazoline-based tick repellent products. Thus, an increase in government regulations on Isoxazoline-based tick repellents is expected to be a major constraint for manufacturers of Isoxazoline-based products.
Lucrative Opportunities for Players in U.S. Isoxazoline Market
- India is a rapidly expanding market for pet care products, globally. Rise in disposable income and rapid urbanization are key factors prompting people to adopt pets in the country. There are around 19 million pets in India; of these, 80% are dogs, followed by cats, and smaller animals such as fish and birds. On an average, 600,000 pets are adopted every year in India. Lack of regional Isoxazoline manufacturers in China and India is offering significant opportunities for U.S.-based manufacturers. In July 2020, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH launched NexGard and Broadline brand of Isoxazoline-based tick/flea repellent in India. These factors are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to the U.S.-based manufacturers such as Merck Animal Health Inc., Elanco Animal Health Incorporated, and Zoetis Inc. to export their products to China and India.
Leading Players in U.S. Isoxazoline Market
- The Isoxazoline market in the U.S. is dominated by four key players: Merck Animal Health Inc., Elanco Animal Health Incorporated, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, and Zoetis Inc.
U.S. Isoxazoline Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the U.S. Isoxazoline market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the U.S. Isoxazoline market. The study also identifies growth avenues for market stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the U.S. Isoxazoline market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the U.S. Isoxazoline market that can aid companies operating in the market in making strategic business decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the pet care industry with respect to the U.S. Isoxazoline market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the U.S. Isoxazoline market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (Thousand Units) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the U.S. Isoxazoline market, along with key information and competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of major players operating in the U.S. Isoxazoline market, wherein various market developments and growth strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on U.S. Isoxazoline Market
The report provides detailed information about the U.S. Isoxazoline market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the U.S. Isoxazoline market, which would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which product type segment of the U.S. Isoxazoline market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the U.S. Isoxazoline market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are winning imperatives of leading players operating in the U.S. Isoxazoline market?
Research Methodology – U.S. Isoxazoline Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the U.S. Isoxazoline market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the U.S. Isoxazoline market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the U.S. Isoxazoline market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the U.S. Isoxazoline market.
U.S. Isoxazoline Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the U.S. Isoxazoline market in terms of product type and pet type. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different market segments and explains how they are influencing the U.S. Isoxazoline market.