IPS Display: Introduction
- IPS display also known as in-plane switching, is a type of monitor display and screen technology. IPS involves arranging and switching the orientation of the molecules of the liquid crystal (LC) layer between the glass substrates.
- IPS display technology was designed to solve the major limitation of twisted nematic (TN) matrix LCDs such as low-quality color reproduction and small viewing angle
- IPS display technology is enabled with improved angle and color technology features to provide an overall better experience for users
- IPS LCD monitors provide a wider color gamut and greater viewing angles that help to achieve better accuracy and superior results, owing to which they are widely used in broadcasting, medical, and professional designing
- IPS has a fast liquid crystal recovery property. Thus, no flash occurs when a user touches the screen
- IPS display systems are used in various applications such as smartphones & tablets, TVs, and PCs
Rise in Demand for IPS Display for Use in Consumer Electronics Industry
- IPS display are largely used in the consumer electronics industry, as it offers better picture quality, high brightness, wide viewing angles, and more reliability as compared to conventional liquid crystal panels
- IPS display are ideal to use in broadcasting stations, medical, and video production studios owing to the aforementioned advantages
- Smartphones and tablets with IPS display are power efficient. Additionally, wider viewing angle and color accuracy make them ideal for playing games and watching movies and videos
- Furthermore, IPS display has a high refresh rate that enables the IPS display to offer a smooth and fast browsing experience for users. Thus, popularity of IPS display for use in smartphones and tablets is increasing due to these advantages, which is anticipated to bolster the growth of the market
- As a result of these factors, demand for IPS display in consumer electronics applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the market during the forecast period
- However, IPS display has a slight light leakage when viewed from a slanted angle as it has difficulty in expressing dark black which reduces image quality. This factor is expected to restrain the growth of the global IPS display market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on IPS Display Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Lead the IPS Display Market
- In terms of region, the global IPS display market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global IPS display market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of IPS display operate in the region
- The IPS display market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global IPS Display Market
The global IPS display market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for IPS display. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global IPS display market are:
- Acer Inc.
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
- Japan Display Inc.
- LG Electronics
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- WINSTAR Display Co., Ltd.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global IPS Display Market: Research Scope
Global IPS Display Market, by Type
Global IPS Display Market, by Application
- Smartphones & Tablets
Global IPS Display Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.