Intumescent Coatings Market
Intumescent Coatings Market (Resin Type - Acrylic, Epoxy, and Polyurethane; Fire Type - Cellulosic and Hydrocarbon; Technology - Water-based, Solvent-based, and Powder-based; Application - Building & Construction, Oil & Gas, Transportation, and Consumer Electronics) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2016 - 2024
Press Release :
Global Intumescent Coatings Market: Snapshot
Thanks to the significant rise in the building and construction activities, fueled by the swift increase in the urbanization, the demand for intumescent coatings has bolstered across the world. The implementation of various regulations concerning the emission of volatile organic compounds is also influencing the sales of these coatings globally.
Going forward, the increasing awareness among consumers regarding fire protection coatings is likely to boost the worldwide market for intumescent coatings substantially in the years come. The opportunity in this market is likely to rise at a CAGR of 7.0% between 2016 and 2024 and progress from a value of US$372.9 mn in 2015 to US$675.5 mn by the end of 2024.
Epoxy-based Intumescent Coatings to Witness Strong Demand
Based on the type of resin, the global intumescent coatings market has been classified as acrylic, epoxy, and polyurethane. Epoxy-based intumescent coatings are the most common resin across the world. Over the coming years, the demand for epoxy-based coatings is likely to increase remarkably, establishing their continued lead on this market. Among others, the acrylic-based intumescent coatings segment has been performing better compared to polyurethane-based ones. However, polyurethane resins are recently introduced into the market and are expected to have a positive influence in the near future.
In terms of the type of fire, the market has been classified into cellulosic coatings and hydrocarbon coatings. The rise in the overall construction and building sector has created a significant demand for cellulosic coatings. Hydrocarbon coatings are preferred in the petrochemical industry and the demand for these coatings is expected to augment in the upcoming years.
Asia Pacific to Remain Dominant
Geographically, Asia Pacific leads the global market for intumescent coatings. In 2015, it held more than 40% of the overall market. The increase in construction activities and the growth in population are considered as the key driving force behind the progress of the Asia Pacific market for intumescent coatings. China has emerged as a hub for the intumescent coatings market in this region. Apart from China, the ASEAN region and several nations, such as India and Japan, are also reporting a high demand for intumescent coatings. Asia Pacific is expected to retain its lead in the global intumescent coatings market over the forthcoming years.
Europe acquired the second position in the global market in 2015 and is expected to remain seated in this position over the next few years. The domestic markets for intumescent coatings in the U.K., Germany, and France are leading the European market. Although moderately mature, the demand for intumescent coatings for fire protection is likely to propel the market in this region. Germany is a massive hub for intumescent coatings with operating unit, mainly in Berlin.
The building and construction sector is the dominant end user of intumescent coatings in Europe. The demand for fire protection in the transportation and consumer electronics industries is anticipated to fuel the demand for intumescent coatings in Europe over the forthcoming years. The demand for polyurethane-based technology is estimated to increase in the region due to technological advancements in the near future.
Akzo Nobel N.V., Jotun, PPG Industries, Sherwin-Williams Co., Albi Manufacturing, Flame Control Coatings LLC, 3M, OMNOVA Solutions Inc., RPM International Inc., Sherwin-Williams Co., Wacker Chemie AG, BASF SE, PPG Industries Inc., Sika AG, Contego International Inc., and Benjamin Moore & Co. are the prime vendors of intumescent coatings across the world.
Booming Construction Sector and Rapid Urbanization to Serve as Vital Growth Generators for the Intumescent Coatings Market
The rising utilization in various applications across consumer electronics, building and construction, transportation, oil and gas, and others will bring profitable growth opportunities for the intumescent coatings market during the assessment period of 2016-2024. The growing investments of many firms and companies across shale gas exploration will further invite good growth opportunities for the intumescent coatings market.
- Intumescent coatings help in protection from high temperatures and are widely used across offshore and onshore steel structures. All these properties of intumescent coatings help in boosting the growth prospects. The growing use of crude oil in the petrochemical and automotive industry will also serve as a prominent growth factor for the intumescent coatings market.
- The heightening use of intumescent coatings across the construction sector will help in increasing the growth rate considerably. The rapid urbanization observed across various countries will bode well for the growth prospects. The rising disposable income and the purchasing power parity of a large chunk of the individuals play a major role in adding extra stars of growth.
- Ongoing research and development activities have increased the growth prospects of the intumescent coatings market to a considerable extent. The players in the intumescent coatings market are always involved in investing in research and development activities. These activities help them to discover novel insights, leading to the development of products, eventually increasing their revenues.
- The nCoV2 (novel coronavirus) outbreak has considerably changed the growth projections of almost all sectors and businesses around the globe. At the beginning of 2020, the novel coronavirus started damaging the livelihoods of many people around the globe with high transmission rates.
- To contain the spread, numerous countries imposed stringent lockdowns. These lockdowns brought tremendous losses as all manufacturing units were closed for a brief time. However, the relaxations introduced in lockdowns by the government bodies will serve as a game-changer for the players in the intumescent coatings market.
Declining Fertility Levels among Many Individuals to Serve as a Growth-Boosting Factor for the Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis Market
The preimplantation genetic diagnosis market is expected to gain good growth opportunities across the assessment period of 2015-2023 on the back of the increasing prevalence of hereditary, genetic, and chromosomal diseases. The increasing number of initiatives adopted by the government authorities will bring tremendous growth opportunities during the forecast period.
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis is used for screening a range of indications namely genetic abnormalities, rhesus incompatibility, chromosomal abnormalities, and others. The functionality of preimplantation genetic diagnosis will serve as a prominent growth factor. The increasing rate of infertility on the back of the growing stress levels and hectic work schedules among a large chunk of the individuals will serve as a vital growth-generator for the preimplantation genetic diagnosis market.
- The research and development activities conducted by the players across the preimplantation genetic diagnosis market will bode well for the growth. The players focus heavily on research and development activities. These activities lead to the discovery of novel insights. These insights result in new product launches and upgrades in existing products, eventually helping in increasing the revenues. Strategic collaborations also prove to be vital growth contributors.
- The government bodies of numerous countries are designing and developing various initiatives to promote reproductive health. The countries are also focusing on revamping the healthcare infrastructure and pay attention to the various aspects of healthcare. These initiatives and investments will invite exponential growth for the preimplantation genetic diagnosis market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the growth projections of diverse sectors and businesses. The preimplantation genetic diagnosis market is no stranger. The stringent lockdown impositions by varied countries resulted in losses.
- The border restrictions also proved to be a great obstacle for the growth of the preimplantation genetic diagnosis market. However, the relaxations in lockdown restrictions will act as a ray of hope for the players in the preimplantation genetic diagnosis market.
Global Intumescent Coatings Market: Overview
Intumescent coatings are the fire protection coatings which find applications mainly in the building & construction industry and oil & gas sectors. The Intumescent coating materials get expanded when exposed to higher temperatures and form carbonaceous char. These coating materials extend the life of the structural steels for certain period of time (For example, 60 minutes, 90 minutes and 120 minutes).
The report estimates and forecasts the intumescent coatings market on the global, regional, and country levels. The study provides forecast between 2016 and 2024 based on volume (Tons) and revenue (US$ Mn) with 2015 as the base year. The report comprises an exhaustive value chain analysis for each of the product segments. It provides a comprehensive view of the market. Value chain analysis also offers detailed information about value addition at each stage. The study includes drivers and restraints for the intumescent coatings market along with their impact on demand during the forecast period.
The study also provides key market indicators affecting the growth of the market. The report analyzes opportunities in the intumescent coatings market on the global and regional level. Drivers, restraints, and opportunities mentioned in the report are justified through quantitative and qualitative data. These have been verified through primary and secondary resources. Furthermore, the report analyzes global average price trend analysis of intumescent coatings.
Global Intumescent Coatings Market: Segmentation
The study provides a comprehensive view of the intumescent coatings market by dividing it into resin type, fire type, technology type, application type and geography. The intumescent coatings market has been estimated in terms of volume (Tons) and revenue (US$ Mn) between 2016 and 2024. The resin systems used in the intumescent coatings market is classified into acrylic, epoxy, polyurethane and others. Based on the fire type, the intumescent coating industry is categorized as cellulosic and hydrocarbon based intumescent coatings. In terms of technology, the intumescent coatings market is classified as water based, solvent based and powder based technologies.
The application segments of the intumescent coatings market include various sectors such as building & construction, oil & gas, transportation, consumer electronics and others which include military and textiles. Rising number of fire accidents, government regulations on the emission of volatile organic compounds and growing building & construction industry are the key factors which drive the intumescent coatings market.
Regional segmentation includes the current and forecast demand for intumescent coatings in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa (MEA). Additionally, the report comprises country-level analysis in terms of volume and revenue for product as well as application segments. Key countries such as the U.S., Germany, France, the U.K., Spain, Italy, India, China, South Africa, Mexico, and Brazil have been included in the study. Market segmentation includes demand for individual end-users in all the regions and countries.
Global Intumescent Coatings Market: Competitive Analysis
The report includes Porter’s Five Forces Model to determine the degree of competition in the intumescent coatings market. It comprises a qualitative write-up on market attractiveness analysis, wherein application and countries have been analyzed based on attractiveness for each region AND price trend analysis for intumescent coatings between 2016 and 2024. Growth rate, market size, raw material availability, profit margin, impact strength, technology, competition, and other factors (such as environmental and legal) have been evaluated in order to derive the general attractiveness of the market. It further covers detailed competitive outlook that includes market share and profiles of key players operating in the global market.
Secondary research sources that were typically referred to include, but were not limited to company websites, financial reports, annual reports, investor presentations, broker reports, and SEC filings. Other sources such as internal and external proprietary databases, statistical databases and market reports, news articles, national government documents, and webcasts specific to companies operating in the market have also been referred for the report. In-depth interviews and discussions with a wide range of key opinion leaders and industry participants were conducted to compile this research report. Primary research represents the bulk of research efforts, supplemented by extensive secondary research. Key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents were reviewed for competitive analysis and market understanding. This helped in validating and strengthening secondary research findings. Primary research further helped in developing the analysis team’s expertise and market understanding.
Key players profiled in the report include Akzo Nobel N.V, PPG Industries Inc., Sherwin Williams Company and RPM International Inc. Company profiles include attributes such as company overview, number of employees, brand overview, key competitors, business overview, business strategies, recent/key developments, acquisitions, and financial overview (wherever applicable).
The global intumescent coatings market has been segmented as follows:
By Resin Type
By Fire Type
By Technology Type
By Application Type