Global Intravitreal (IVT) Injectables Market: Overview
Intravitreal (IVT) injectables are used for the administration of medications to patients suffering from retinal disorders. Drugs are administered in the form of injections directly into the vitreous cavity of the eye, which is filled with vitreous humor gel. The procedure for injecting drugs is performed by a skilled ophthalmologist in the outpatient or office setting. Antivascular endothelial growth factor (anti-VEGF) drugs, antibiotics, steroids, antifungals, and antivirals are commonly used drugs for retinal conditions. Eylea, lucentis, and macugen are some of the common IVT injectables available in the market for the treatment of ocular diseases.
Global Intravitreal (IVT) Injectables Market: Key Trends
Increase in the prevalence of retinal disorders such as age-related macular degeneration, retinal vein occlusions, and diabetic retinopathy across the globe are major factors driving the global intravitreal (IVT) injectables market. According to the National Eye Institute (NEI), approximately 2.0 million people in the U.S. were affected with AMD in 2010, and the number is expected to more than double to reach an estimated 5.4 million by 2050. Furthermore, favorable regulatory guidelines for the design and manufacture of intravitreal (IVT) injectables for patient safety are projected to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period. Manufacturers are developing intravitreal (IVT) injectables that are compatible with these regulatory guidelines. Moreover, an increase in focus of industry players on innovation with a strong pipeline of IVT injections for the treatment of retinal conditions is projected to propel global market over the next few years. However, the need for frequent intravitreal injections and risks or complications associated with injectables, including infection and inflammation in the eye, retinal detachment, and vitreous hemorrhage, are anticipated to restrain the global market in the future.
Global Intravitreal (IVT) Injectables Market: Segmentation
The global intravitreal (IVT) injectables market can be segmented based on drug class, application, distribution channel, and region. In terms of drug class, the market can be classified into anti-VEGF, antibiotics, corticosteroids, antifungals, and antivirals. The anti-VEGF segment held a prominent share of the global intravitreal injectables market in 2018. These drugs have the ability to bind to growth factors and suppress the formation of irregular blood vessels in ocular diseases. Moreover, anti-VEGF drugs help minimize fluid leakage associated with these disorders, thereby generating high demand from ophthalmologists. Based on application, the global intravitreal (IVT) injectables market can be categorized into age-related macular degeneration (AMD), endophthalmitis, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vein occlusions, and others. In terms of distribution channel, the market can be segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The hospital pharmacies segment held a prominent market share in 2018. It is anticipated to continue to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Global Intravitreal (IVT) Injectables Market: Regional Analysis
In terms of region, the global intravitreal (IVT) injectables market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global market between 2019 and 2027. A rise in the prevalence of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is anticipated to drive demand for intravitreal (IVT) injectables in the U.S. Moreover, an intravitreal injection is the most common ophthalmic procedure performed in the country, owing to a favorable reimbursement scenario, which, in turn, is expected to boost market growth in the future. Increase in the geriatric population and rise in the burden of retinal diseases are anticipated to propel demand for intravitreal (IVT) injectables in Europe. Presence of a signficant patient pool suffering from diabetes mellitus in emerging countries such as India and China is a major risk factor for the development of diabetic retinopathy. This is expected to drive demand for intravitreal (IVT) injectables market in Asia Pacific in the coming years.
Global Intravitreal (IVT) Injectables Market: Competitive Landscape
Key players operating in the global intravitreal (IVT) injectables market are Alcon Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., Allergan, Alimera Sciences, Bristol Myers Squibb, Bausch & Lomb, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Thrombogenics and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International. These players have adopted organic and inorganic growth strategies to expand product portfolio and geographic reach.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.