Intravenous Stopcock: Introduction
- A stopcock is a type of ball valve medical device which is used along with intravenous administration set. An intravenous stopcock regulates fluid delivery to vascular system. Stopcocks have different such as needle valve, vacuum stopcocks, and burette stopcocks.
- The global intravenous stopcock market is anticipated to expand at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increase in demand for intravenous stopcock as it offers continuous straight flow channels for accurate pressure monitoring
Key Drivers of Global Intravenous Stopcock Market
- Intravenous stopcocks are liquid and chemical resistant, transparent to enable bubble detection, supple, easy to operate, and smooth to turn. These characteristics are expected to be key factors driving the global intravenous stopcock market during the forecast period.
- Availability of multiple configurations, such as one-way, three-way, and four-way, for different applications fuels the demand for intravenous stopcocks. Moreover, stopcocks induce efficiency, convenience, and practicality to tubing applications in medical industry. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the global intravenous stopcock market during the forecast period.
- They have adopted strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to increase in demand for intravenous stopcocks in different regions.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Intravenous Stopcock Market, Request a Brochure here
Increase in Use of Intravenous Stopcocks in Infusion Therapy to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- An intravenous stopcock is a cost-effective medical device which is gaining attention among manufacturers to substitute stopcock as a component of infusion systems
- Increase in use of intravenous stopcock for regular nursing procedures such as blood samples and instilling solutions from catheters is expected to drive the global intravenous stopcock market during the forecast period
Catheter-related Blood Stream Infection to Hamper Market
- Catheter-related blood stream infection due to open lumen is likely to hinder the market during the forecast period
- According to an article published in NCBI, on average catheter related blood stream infection occur in around 3% of catheterizations
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Intravenous Stopcock Market
- North America is a leading consumer of intravenous stopcocks, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. The U.S. and Canada are key markets in the region. Europe accounted for major share of the market because stopcock is used along with every vascular access devices in countries in Europe. Rise in demand for intravenous stopcocks can be attributed to increase in attention toward patient safety. Change in pay-for-performance reimbursement structure and increase in purchasing power of consumers in the region are expected to boost the intravenous stopcock market.
- Increase in health care expenditure in developing economies of Asia Pacific is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period. Increasing demand is another contributing factor for thr growth of market in this region.
- The intravenous stopcock market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in prevalence of chronic diseases in the region.
- Middle East & Africa region consists of countries with people having high purchasing power such as Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Qatar. These countries are major consumers of intravenous stopcock products. The health care industry in the region is expected to expand in the near future due to large patient base. These factors are estimated to drive the demand for intravenous stopcocks in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global intravenous stopcock market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for major market share. A few operating in the global intravenous stopcock market are:
- Nordson Corporation
- Global Medikit Limited
- SCW Medicath Ltd
- Smith’s Medical
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Braun Medical Inc.
- ARGON MEDICAL
- Terumo Medical Corporation
Global Intravenous Stopcock Market: Research Scope
Global Intravenous Stopcock Market, by Type
- Three-way Stopcock
- Four-way Intravenous Stopcock
Global Intravenous Stopcock Market, by Application
- Infusion Therapy
- Pressure Monitoring
Global Intravenous Stopcock Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.