Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market: Introduction
- Infusion pumps are medical devices utilized by physicians and patients to deliver medications, fluids, and nutrition into the patient’s body in a controlled manner. These pumps are installed with software that are programmed to deliver fixed doses of medication at required regular intervals of time.
- Currently, various forms of intravenous infusion pumps are available in the market that include insulin infusion pumps, enteral feeding infusion pumps, patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) infusion pumps, and syringe infusion pumps
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market
- Increase in Number of Chronic Pain, Cancer, and Diabetes Patients Drive Global Market
- Rise in prevalence of people suffering from chronic pain, cancer, and diabetes is a major driver of the intravenous infusion pumps market as these pumps are extensively used to administer drugs during treatment of these diseases
- According to the WHO report 2015, cancer is the second leading cause of death globally and was responsible for 8.8 million deaths in 2015
- Diabetes a major disease category which utilizes infusion systems for precise and effective drug delivery. According to the WHO data 2015, around 1.6 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. It is projected that diabetes would be the seventh leading cause of death by 2030.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market Report
- Technological Advancements Leading to Products with Improved Features
- Over the last few years, technological development have been playing a key role in driving the infusion pumps market and is expected to propel the market in the near future. This has led manufacturers operating in this market to focus on developing innovative products to get a competitive edge over their competitors.
- In 2017, Smith Medical received FDA clearance on CADD-Solis ambulatory infusion pump with wireless communication. The new system helps increase hospital efficiency, reduce costs, and improve patient outcomes.
Insulin Infusion Pumps Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on type, the global intravenous infusion pumps market can be segmented into insulin infusion pumps, parenteral feeding infusion pumps, patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) infusion pumps, and syringe infusion pumps
- An insulin pump is a small infusion device which is worn outside the body. This pump can be discreetly slipped into a pocket, clipped to a belt, or hidden under the clothes. The pump delivers exact doses of insulin to diabetes patients with the requirement of either basal or bolus dose. Insulin infusion pumps are considered as prominent devices among other alternatives such as insulin injections, pens, and pills as these devices reduce the need for self-administration of multiple insulin jobs every day.
- The insulin infusion pumps segment is expected to dominate the global intravenous infusion pumps market between 2019 and 2027
- Based on end-user, the global intravenous infusion pumps market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, cancer treatment centers, specialty clinics, and others
Emerging Economies to Offer Growth Opportunities
- In terms of region, the global intravenous infusion pumps market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominates the global infusion pumps market, owing to factors such as advancements in drug delivery systems and favorable reimbursements for different pumps under the Medicare Durable Medical Equipment (DME) scheme in the region
- Emerging countries of Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East present a large number of opportunities for the intravenous infusion pumps market due to high prevalence of various diseases. Moreover, rise in geriatric population suffering from pain disorders and large pool of diabetic patients in Asia Pacific are key factors driving the market in the region. According to the Journal of Diabetes Care – 2016, the Western Pacific, the world’s most populous region, has more than 138.2 million people with diabetes and the number is likely to increase to 201.8 million by 2035.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global intravenous infusion pumps market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global intravenous infusion pumps market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Terumo Corporation
- Smith Medical
- ICU MEDICAL, INC.
- Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.
Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market: Research Scope
Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market, by Type
- Insulin Infusion Pumps
- Parenteral Feeding Infusion Pumps
- Patient-controlled Analgesia (PCA) Infusion Pumps
- Syringe Infusion Pumps
Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Cancer Treatment Centers
- Specialty clinics
Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.