Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market: Introduction
- Infusion pumps are medical devices utilized by physicians and patients to deliver medications, fluids, and nutrition into the patient’s body in a controlled manner. These pumps are installed with software that are programmed to deliver fixed doses of medication at required regular intervals of time.
- Currently, various forms of intravenous infusion pumps are available in the market that include insulin infusion pumps, enteral feeding infusion pumps, patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) infusion pumps, and syringe infusion pumps
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market
- Increase in Number of Chronic Pain, Cancer, and Diabetes Patients Drive Global Market
- Rise in prevalence of people suffering from chronic pain, cancer, and diabetes is a major driver of the intravenous infusion pumps market as these pumps are extensively used to administer drugs during treatment of these diseases
- According to the WHO report 2015, cancer is the second leading cause of death globally and was responsible for 8.8 million deaths in 2015
- Diabetes a major disease category which utilizes infusion systems for precise and effective drug delivery. According to the WHO data 2015, around 1.6 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. It is projected that diabetes would be the seventh leading cause of death by 2030.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market Report
- Technological Advancements Leading to Products with Improved Features
- Over the last few years, technological development have been playing a key role in driving the infusion pumps market and is expected to propel the market in the near future. This has led manufacturers operating in this market to focus on developing innovative products to get a competitive edge over their competitors.
- In 2017, Smith Medical received FDA clearance on CADD-Solis ambulatory infusion pump with wireless communication. The new system helps increase hospital efficiency, reduce costs, and improve patient outcomes.
Insulin Infusion Pumps Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on type, the global intravenous infusion pumps market can be segmented into insulin infusion pumps, parenteral feeding infusion pumps, patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) infusion pumps, and syringe infusion pumps
- An insulin pump is a small infusion device which is worn outside the body. This pump can be discreetly slipped into a pocket, clipped to a belt, or hidden under the clothes. The pump delivers exact doses of insulin to diabetes patients with the requirement of either basal or bolus dose. Insulin infusion pumps are considered as prominent devices among other alternatives such as insulin injections, pens, and pills as these devices reduce the need for self-administration of multiple insulin jobs every day.
- The insulin infusion pumps segment is expected to dominate the global intravenous infusion pumps market between 2019 and 2027
- Based on end-user, the global intravenous infusion pumps market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, cancer treatment centers, specialty clinics, and others
Emerging Economies to Offer Growth Opportunities
- In terms of region, the global intravenous infusion pumps market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominates the global infusion pumps market, owing to factors such as advancements in drug delivery systems and favorable reimbursements for different pumps under the Medicare Durable Medical Equipment (DME) scheme in the region
- Emerging countries of Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East present a large number of opportunities for the intravenous infusion pumps market due to high prevalence of various diseases. Moreover, rise in geriatric population suffering from pain disorders and large pool of diabetic patients in Asia Pacific are key factors driving the market in the region. According to the Journal of Diabetes Care – 2016, the Western Pacific, the world’s most populous region, has more than 138.2 million people with diabetes and the number is likely to increase to 201.8 million by 2035.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global intravenous infusion pumps market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global intravenous infusion pumps market are:
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Terumo Corporation
- Smith Medical
- ICU MEDICAL, INC.
- Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc.
Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market: Research Scope
Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market, by Type
- Insulin Infusion Pumps
- Parenteral Feeding Infusion Pumps
- Patient-controlled Analgesia (PCA) Infusion Pumps
- Syringe Infusion Pumps
Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Cancer Treatment Centers
- Specialty clinics
Global Intravenous Infusion Pumps Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.