Intravenous Fluid Bags: Introduction
- Intravenous fluid bags are an ideal means for the transportation of nutrients and other nutritious compounds for patients who cannot ingest anything through the oral route. Intravenous fluid bags are made of plastic films, PVC, and PE, and produced in different capacities such as 0–250 ml, 250–500 ml, 500–1,000 ml, and above 1,000 ml.
- Intravenous fluid bags have emerged as crucial elements of growth for the parenteral nutrition market, where these bags are highly preferred for intravenous administration of compounds such as amino acids.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Intravenous Fluid Bags Market
- Increase in geriatric population contributes to the growth of the global intravenous fluid bags market. Aging brings along various ailments, which in turn drives demand for efficient drug administration methods.
- Intravenous fluid drugs are preferred to oral drugs, as the former generate results in less time and have higher accuracy. Rise in awareness among consumers is expected to translate to preference for intravenous fluid administration, thereby fuelling the growth of the market during the forecast period.
- In the past few years, the world has witnessed several different types of respiratory diseases and the geriatric population in developed and developing countries has increased. These factors have increased the incidence of a number of chronic diseases. This in turn has led governments across the globe to invest in health care and pharmaceutical sectors.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
PP Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of material type, the global intravenous fluid bags market can be divided into polyethylene (PE), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polypropylene (PP), and others.
- The PP segment dominated the global market owing to high quality, reliability, and cost-efficiency. Moreover, PP has additional properties such as non-reactiveness to the content inside the bags and longer shelf life, which help to keep the content usable for a long period.
250–500 ml Segment to Lead Global Market
- Based on capacity, the global intravenous fluid bags market can be classified into 0–250 ml, 250–500 ml, 500–1,000 ml, and above 1,000 ml
- The 250–500 ml segment is anticipated to dominate the global intravenous fluid bags market during the forecast period, as these are mostly used in hospitals, clinics, and other medical centers.
Single Chamber Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of chamber type, the global intravenous fluid bags market can be bifurcated into single chamber and multi chamber
- The single chamber segment is expected to dominate the global intravenous fluid bags market during the forecast period due to its key advantages such as cost-effectiveness, easy availability, and ease-of-use.
Hospitals to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on end-user, the global intravenous fluid bags market can be classified into hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and others
- The hospitals segment is likely to account for major share of the global intravenous fluid bags market by 2030, as people become more concerned about their health issues and maintain their eating habits and hygiene due to increase in chronic diseases. Hence, they prefer hospitals as compared to other medical facilities.
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities
- In terms of region, the global intravenous fluid bags market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2019 owing to strong presence of leading players, increase in investments in research & development, significant product launches, and rise in approval of smart devices
Key Players Operating in Global Intravenous Fluid Bags Market
The global intravenous fluid bags market is fragmented, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global intravenous fluid bags market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International Inc.
- Hospira, Inc.
- Technoflex S.A.
- Fresenius SE & Co KGaA
- Kraton Corporation
- Medicopack A/S
- Macopharma SA
- Haemotronic S.p.A
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Private Limited
- Alfa Laboratories
Global Intravenous Fluid Bags Market: Research Scope
Global Intravenous Fluid Bags Market, by Material Type
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polypropylene (PP)
Global Intravenous Fluid Bags Market, by Capacity
- 0–250 ml
- 250–500 ml
- 500–1,000 ml
- Above 1,000 ml
Global Intravenous Fluid Bags Market, by Chamber Type
- Single Chamber
- Multi Chamber
Global Intravenous Fluid Bags Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Intravenous Fluid Bags Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!