Intravenous Catheters Market: Introduction
- The catheters that are utilized to access the patient’s vascular system through veins are known as intravenous catheters. These catheters are thin tubes that are used to serve various medical purposes such as use in administration of medications, surgical procedures, removal of body fluids, and treating diseases. Intravenous catheters are available in two different forms: midline peripheral catheters and central catheters.
- Intravenous catheters are inserted into a vein in a patient’s body and positioned within the same either to deliver various therapeutics into the patient’s bloodstream or to withdraw blood mainly for diagnostic testing. Rise in global incidence rates of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and acute infectious diseases, along with cardiovascular disorders, has tremendously increased the demand for intravenous catheters used to administer drugs to patients
- Moreover, increase in elderly population across the globe is a contributor to this rising demand for intravenous catheters
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Intravenous Catheters Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Intravenous Catheters Market
- Rise in Incidence of Target Diseases such as Cancer and Viral Infections Drives Global Market
- Intravenous catheters devices are used for the delivery of various medications such as analgesics, antipyretics, anesthesia, and anticancer drugs. Increase in incidence of viral infections, cancer, and tuberculosis (TB) is expected to boost the intravenous catheters market, The most common use of intravenous catheters is for the administration of antiviral drugs and analgesics.
- According to statistics published by UNAIDS, around 37.9 million individuals globally were living with HIV at the end of 2018 and around 1.7 million people became newly infected by HIV in 2018 due to the changing lifestyles. This number is expected to grow in the near future.
- Similarly, increase in number of cancer patients is likely to augment the market, since these patients require administration of drugs and analgesic agents at regular intervals. It has been projected by the WHO that by 2030, around 13.1 million people would die from cancer worldwide.
- This alarming increase in number of cancer patients is expected to increase the utilization of intravenous catheters
- Thus, rise in incidence of target diseases such as cancer and viral infections is expected to propel the global intravenous catheters market during the forecast period
Intravenous Catheters Market: Segmentation
- Based on product type, the global intravenous catheters market can be segmented into midline peripheral catheters and central catheters
- Midline peripheral catheters are the venous access devices that range between 3 to 10 inches in length. These catheters are usually placed in the vein of the upper arm – the cephalic vein that is below the level of axillary line.
- Central catheters are inserted in veins within the patient’s thorax. The physicians prefer to use a central catheter when administration of intravenous (IV) fluids, blood products, and medication is required in large volumes and for longer durations in the patients.
- Central catheters are further segmented into peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC) and central venous catheters
- Based on end-user, the global intravenous catheters market can be categorized into hospitals, long term care centers, ambulatory surgical centers, dialysis centers, and others
Emerging Economies to Offer Growth Opportunities
- In terms of region, the global intravenous catheters market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to constitute the largest market for intravenous catheters. Rise in prevalence of cancer in the U.S. and Canada has increased the demand for its early diagnosis and treatment. Intravenous catheters play a key role in the diagnosis and treatment of almost every disease. According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), in 2018, around 1,735,350 new cases of cancer were reported in the U.S. and over 609,640 patients died due to cancer in the same year. This increase in cancer patient population and deaths occurring due to the disease is one of the primary reasons for the growth of intravenous catheters market in North America.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Intravenous Catheters Market, Request for a Sample
Key Manufactures Operating in Global Market
The global intravenous catheters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global intravenous catheters market include:
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Smith Medical
- Terumo Corporation
- Vygon Group
Global Intravenous Catheters Market: Research Scope
Global Intravenous Catheters Market, by Product Type
- Midline Peripheral Catheters
- Central Catheters
- Central Venous Catheters
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters
Global Intravenous Catheters Market, by End-users
- Long Term Care Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Dialysis Centers
Global Intravenous Catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.