Intraoral Cameras Market: Introduction
- Intraoral images are obtained when the image receptor is positioned inside the mouth. A film or sensor is placed inside a patient’s mouth to obtain a complete picture of the oral maxillofacial region. Intraoral camera is a small camera that takes an X-ray of the tooth or gums of patients. It is useful in diagnosing dental conditions such as tooth decay and cracked teeth.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Intraoral Cameras Market
- Rise in prevalence of dental/oral diseases and demand for oral care boost the growth the global intraoral cameras market. According to the WHO, the Global Burden of Disease Study (2016) estimated that oral diseases are responsible for affecting half of the world’s population (3.58 billion people), with dental caries (tooth decay) in permanent teeth being the most prevalent condition assessed.
- A study published in the Indian Journal of Dental Research in 2018 stated that prevalence of dental caries among males was 31,489 in every 100,000 Indians compared to 30,903 in every 100,000 South Asians. The prevalence was 33,926 in every 100,000 South Asian females and 34,426 in Indian females. Similarly, incidence of dental caries in 2016 was higher among Indians as compared to South Asians and more females suffered from dental caries than males.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Intraoral Cameras Market Report
- Surge in demand for dental imaging among geriatric population also fuels the global market. Poor oral health among elderly people is an important public health issue and a growing burden on countries. This has increased demand for dental imaging among the geriatric population. Dental conditions associated with aging include dry mouth (xerostomia), root & coronal caries, and periodontitis. According to the American Dental Association (ADA), the global geriatric population is increasing rapidly and will be a large part of dental practice in the next few years.
- Shortage of dental radiologists to meet the increasing demand for imaging services is anticipated to restrain the global intraoral cameras market. According to data released by the Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) in 2017, the U.K. does not have enough radiologists to meet imaging and diagnostic demand in the NHS. The U.K. has the least number of radiologists per person in any country in Europe, with a shortage of 1,000 radiologists.
Fiber Optic Camera to Dominate Global Intraoral Cameras Market
- In terms of type, the global intraoral cameras market can be classified into USB camera, fiber optic camera, wireless camera, and others
- The fiber optic camera segment dominated the global intraoral cameras market in terms of revenue in 2019. This type of camera has been in use for several years. Henry Schein, Inc.’s SciCan Intra Oral Ultimate is one of the LED/fiber-optic cameras available in the dental market.
Implantology to Lead Global Intraoral Cameras Market
- Based on application, the global intraoral cameras market can be categorized into implantology, endodontics, oral & maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, and others
- The implantology segment accounted for the largest share of the global market in 2019. This is attributed to increase in demand for dental implants and rise in number of bone graft assessments. Around 69.0% of people aged between 35 and 45 have one tooth missing. According to a survey, more than 15 million people have crowns or bridges and approximately 500,000 people undergo dental implant procedure each year.
Dental Diagnostic Centers Segment Witness Highest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global intraoral cameras market can be divided into dental hospitals & clinics, dental diagnostic centers, and dental academic & research institutes
- The dental hospitals & clinics segment accounted for the largest share of the global intraoral cameras market in 2019. However, the dental diagnostic centers segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2030.
- According to Ontario Oral Health Alliance data published in 2017, people living on low income prefer to be treated in public dental clinics, where they are welcomed and valued. According to a study titled, ‘The Oral Health Care Delivery System in 2040: Executive Summary’, published in 2017, children with more serious issues are referred to dental practices and clinics run by the sponsoring delivery organization. Furthermore, some hospitals that are components of the integrated systems have dental departments with fulltime dental chiefs and residency programs in general dentistry, oral & maxillofacial surgery, or pediatric dentistry.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Intraoral Cameras Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Intraoral Cameras Market
- In terms of region, the global intraoral cameras market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global intraoral cameras market, followed by Europe. However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Rise in cases of dental diseases, increase in geriatric population, surge in use and awareness about dental treatments and procedures, and technological advancements drive the dental imaging market in North America. Skilled dentists and adoption of new technologies further augment the market in the region.
- According to a report published in NCBI, dental caries is a highly common dental disease in the U.S. It is the primary cause of tooth loss through young adulthood; by age 35, the average American loses five teeth and has 11 more attacked by caries.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global intraoral cameras market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Henry Schein
- Dentsply Sirona
- Carestream Dental
- MouthWatch, LLC
- Ashtel Dental
- CIEOS, Inc.
- Imagin Systems Corporation
- Owandy Radiology
Global Intraoral Cameras Market: Research Scope
Global Intraoral Cameras Market, by Type
- USB Camera
- Fiber Optic Camera
- Wireless Camera
Global Intraoral Cameras Market, by Application
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Global Intraoral Cameras Market, by End-user
- Dental Hospitals & Clinics
- Dental Diagnostic Centers
- Dental Academic & Research Institutes
Global Intraoral Cameras Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.