Intraoral Cameras Market: Introduction
- Intraoral images are obtained when the image receptor is positioned inside the mouth. A film or sensor is placed inside a patient’s mouth to obtain a complete picture of the oral maxillofacial region. Intraoral camera is a small camera that takes an X-ray of the tooth or gums of patients. It is useful in diagnosing dental conditions such as tooth decay and cracked teeth.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Intraoral Cameras Market
- Rise in prevalence of dental/oral diseases and demand for oral care boost the growth the global intraoral cameras market. According to the WHO, the Global Burden of Disease Study (2016) estimated that oral diseases are responsible for affecting half of the world’s population (3.58 billion people), with dental caries (tooth decay) in permanent teeth being the most prevalent condition assessed.
- A study published in the Indian Journal of Dental Research in 2018 stated that prevalence of dental caries among males was 31,489 in every 100,000 Indians compared to 30,903 in every 100,000 South Asians. The prevalence was 33,926 in every 100,000 South Asian females and 34,426 in Indian females. Similarly, incidence of dental caries in 2016 was higher among Indians as compared to South Asians and more females suffered from dental caries than males.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Intraoral Cameras Market Report
- Surge in demand for dental imaging among geriatric population also fuels the global market. Poor oral health among elderly people is an important public health issue and a growing burden on countries. This has increased demand for dental imaging among the geriatric population. Dental conditions associated with aging include dry mouth (xerostomia), root & coronal caries, and periodontitis. According to the American Dental Association (ADA), the global geriatric population is increasing rapidly and will be a large part of dental practice in the next few years.
- Shortage of dental radiologists to meet the increasing demand for imaging services is anticipated to restrain the global intraoral cameras market. According to data released by the Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) in 2017, the U.K. does not have enough radiologists to meet imaging and diagnostic demand in the NHS. The U.K. has the least number of radiologists per person in any country in Europe, with a shortage of 1,000 radiologists.
Fiber Optic Camera to Dominate Global Intraoral Cameras Market
- In terms of type, the global intraoral cameras market can be classified into USB camera, fiber optic camera, wireless camera, and others
- The fiber optic camera segment dominated the global intraoral cameras market in terms of revenue in 2019. This type of camera has been in use for several years. Henry Schein, Inc.’s SciCan Intra Oral Ultimate is one of the LED/fiber-optic cameras available in the dental market.
Implantology to Lead Global Intraoral Cameras Market
- Based on application, the global intraoral cameras market can be categorized into implantology, endodontics, oral & maxillofacial surgery, orthodontics, and others
- The implantology segment accounted for the largest share of the global market in 2019. This is attributed to increase in demand for dental implants and rise in number of bone graft assessments. Around 69.0% of people aged between 35 and 45 have one tooth missing. According to a survey, more than 15 million people have crowns or bridges and approximately 500,000 people undergo dental implant procedure each year.
Dental Diagnostic Centers Segment Witness Highest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global intraoral cameras market can be divided into dental hospitals & clinics, dental diagnostic centers, and dental academic & research institutes
- The dental hospitals & clinics segment accounted for the largest share of the global intraoral cameras market in 2019. However, the dental diagnostic centers segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2030.
- According to Ontario Oral Health Alliance data published in 2017, people living on low income prefer to be treated in public dental clinics, where they are welcomed and valued. According to a study titled, ‘The Oral Health Care Delivery System in 2040: Executive Summary’, published in 2017, children with more serious issues are referred to dental practices and clinics run by the sponsoring delivery organization. Furthermore, some hospitals that are components of the integrated systems have dental departments with fulltime dental chiefs and residency programs in general dentistry, oral & maxillofacial surgery, or pediatric dentistry.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Intraoral Cameras Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Intraoral Cameras Market
- In terms of region, the global intraoral cameras market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the global intraoral cameras market, followed by Europe. However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Rise in cases of dental diseases, increase in geriatric population, surge in use and awareness about dental treatments and procedures, and technological advancements drive the dental imaging market in North America. Skilled dentists and adoption of new technologies further augment the market in the region.
- According to a report published in NCBI, dental caries is a highly common dental disease in the U.S. It is the primary cause of tooth loss through young adulthood; by age 35, the average American loses five teeth and has 11 more attacked by caries.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global intraoral cameras market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Henry Schein
- Dentsply Sirona
- Carestream Dental
- MouthWatch, LLC
- Ashtel Dental
- CIEOS, Inc.
- Imagin Systems Corporation
- Owandy Radiology
Global Intraoral Cameras Market: Research Scope
Global Intraoral Cameras Market, by Type
- USB Camera
- Fiber Optic Camera
- Wireless Camera
Global Intraoral Cameras Market, by Application
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Global Intraoral Cameras Market, by End-user
- Dental Hospitals & Clinics
- Dental Diagnostic Centers
- Dental Academic & Research Institutes
Global Intraoral Cameras Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.