Intracranial Stenosis: Narrowing of Intracranial Arteries
- Intracranial stenosis is a medical condition where the arteries in brain are narrowed due to the deposition of plaque on the inner wall of arteries. Narrowed arteries reduce blood flow to the brain.
- Intracranial stenosis carries high risk of brain stroke, and may lead to brain damage and death
- Atherosclerosis is a major cause of intracranial stenosis. It may begin in the age of 30 years. However, its symptoms may not be noticed for several years. Atherosclerosis damages the inner wall of arteries primarily due to high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, smoking, and increased levels of bad cholesterol in the blood. Other factors that increase the risk of intracranial stenosis include high levels of stress, heart diseases, family history, and old age.
- Common symptom of intracranial stenosis is occurrence of transient ischemic attack (TIA). It may lead to facial weakness or droop, especially on one side, arm or leg weakness, slurred speech.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Intracranial Stenosis Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Intracranial Stenosis Treatment Market
- The global intracranial stenosis treatment market is primarily driven by high prevalence of atherosclerosis arteries worldwide. It is estimated that the prevalence of intracranial stenosis ranges from 1 in 100,000 people of Caucasian descent to 15 in 10,000 African Americans. Moreover, a study with people based in China stated that the prevalence rate is 7% in people over 40 years of age.
- High prevalence of obesity, cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, and hypertension across the globe is one of the key contributors to the growth of the intracranial stenosis market
- New product launches for the treatment of intracranial stenosis, promising product pipeline, and growing awareness about the condition are factors that are likely to drive the global the market during the forecast period
Anticoagulant Drug Class Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on drug class, the global intracranial stenosis treatment market can be divided into anticoagulants, cholesterol lowering drugs, and anti-hypertensive drugs. Anticoagulant is anticipated to be the leading drug class segment of the global market during the forecast period.
- Anticoagulant drugs are also known as blood thinner drugs that help the blood to pass easily through narrowed arteries and prevent clotting. Most commonly used anticoagulant drugs are Aspirin, Plavix, and Coumadin.
- Cholesterol lowering drugs help reduce additional plaque formation on the inner wall of arteries and prevents atherosclerosis. These drugs significantly reduce the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol by around 35% to 40% when combined with a low fat diet.
- Cholesterol lowering drugs is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period
Retail Pharmacies Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of distribution channel, the global intracranial stenosis treatment market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Easy availability of cholesterol lowering and anti-hypertension drugs at retail pharmacy stores and large number of retail pharmacies across the globe are likely to drive the segment growth during the forecast period
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Intracranial Stenosis Treatment Market Report
Asia Pacific Intracranial Stenosis treatment Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global intracranial stenosis treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027.
- High number of patients with atherosclerosed arteries in the region, a significantly large obese population, high prevalence of hypertension, etc., are factors responsible for the dominance of North America. Moreover, early diagnosis of intracranial stenosis, growing awareness about the disease indication, and easy availability of stenosis therapeutic drugs are likely to drive the intracranial stenosis treatment market in North America during the forecast period.
- Intracranial stenosis treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to high prevalence of hypertension in densely populated countries such as India, China, and Hong Kong, and rapidly improving health care infrastructure
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global intracranial stenosis treatment market is highly fragmented with a large number of domestic players accounting for the majority of the market share. Key players operating in the global intracranial stenosis treatment market are:
- Sanofi S.A.
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited
- Pfizer, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Bayer AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- Cardium Therapeutics
Global Intracranial Stenosis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Intracranial Stenosis Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Cholesterol Lowering Drugs
- Anti-hypertensive Drugs
Global Intracranial Stenosis Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Intracranial Stenosis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.