Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market: Introduction
- Intra-abdominal pressure is defined as the pressure in the abdominal cavity which is a result of association between the abdominal wall and the viscera. Normal range of intra-abdominal pressure in a child is considered to be 0 mm Hg and in child on positive pressure ventilation is in a range of 1 to 8 mm Hg. In critically ill children it was approximately considered in a range of 4 to 10 mm Hg. Devices used in measurement of intra-abdominal pressure are termed as intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices. In critically ill patients, the intra-abdominal pressure incidence are rising along with the complications and the pressure levels up to 5 to 7 mmHg are considered to be critical for the patients. As per studies, intra-abdominal pressure equal or greater than 12 mm Hg are termed intra-abdominal hypertension.
- As per research, intra-abdominal pressure incidence is higher across ICU patients leading to increase in demand for the intra-abdominal pressure devices. Moreover, rising risk factors such as abdominal surgery and massive fluid resuscitation are major contributors of the elevated intra-abdominal pressure in majority of the patients. The intra-abdominal pressure is likely to be measured at different positions such as in stable supine and in hemodynamic position. The intra-abdominal pressure is measured every six hours during a 24 hours frame and further could be measured only twice a day. Furthermore, progressive critical intra-abdominal pressure above 20 mm Hg is staged into abdominal compartmental syndrome (ACS).
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market
- Growing intra-abdominal hypertension, rising admission in the intensive care units (ICU), rise in prevalence of geriatric population, and increase in incidence of intra-abdominal pressure in children are major factors propelling the global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices. In mixed ICU population, incidence of intra-abdominal hypertension is estimated to be in a range of 30% to 50%. Moreover, incidence of abdominal compartmental syndrome (ACS) is estimated to be in a range of 4% to 8%.
- Launching and availability of products utilized in the measurement of the intra-abdominal pressure amongst patients is boosting the intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices market. Also, presence of key players offering intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices is likely to boost the growth of the intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices. Increase in number of cases of intra-abdominal hypertension amongst critically ill abdominal trauma patients is another driving factor for propelling the intra-abdominal pressure management devices. Inserting equipment such as catheters and pressure transducers in the abdominal cavity, stomach, and rectum many incur higher cost to the patients which may be a restraining factor for the growth of the intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices market. Complicated surgical techniques may incur elevation in the loculations and adhesion may provide false results of the patient’s conditions, which may poses a threat to the market growth.
North America to Lead Global Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market
- In terms of region, the global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) market during the forecast period, owing to higher prevalence and incidence of intra-abdominal hypertension and abdominal compartmental syndrome; adoption of innovative equipment; and rise in demand for disposable equipment. Increase in aging patient population, rising baby boomers, increase in gastrointestinal and trauma patient population are likely to propel the intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) market in North America. Moreover, presence of key players and rise in chronic diseases leading to intra-abdominal hypertension are few other factors anticipated to propel the market in North America. Supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and demand for better treatment are factors anticipated to augment the market in North America.
- Europe was the second largest market for global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) in 2019, followed by Asia Pacific. Rise in patient population suffering from trauma and chronic diseases leading to the intra-abdominal pressure are likely to drive the intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) market in Europe. Emergence of key players offering various disposables and equipment managing intra-abdominal pressure condition are likely to augment the market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing market for intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) during the forecast period. This can be attributed to untapped potential markets in diagnosis and treatment of the intra-abdominal hypertension and other associated conditions in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market
The global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) market is consolidated with the presence of a number of large players. Major players in the global intra-abdominal pressure measurement devices (IPMD) market are:
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- ConvaTec Group Plc
- Holtech Medical
- Potrero Medical
- Nutrimedics S.A
- Spiegelberg GmbH & Co. KG,
- SSEM Mthembu Medical (Pty) Ltd
- Centurion Medical Products
- Gaeltec Devices Ltd
Global Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market: Research Scope
Global Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market, by Procedure
Global Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market, by Product
Global Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market, by Application
- Intra-abdominal Hypertension
- Acute Compartmental Syndrome
Global Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market, by End-user
- Trauma Centers
- Specialized Centers
Global Intra-abdominal Pressure Measurement Devices (IPMD) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.