Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market: Introduction
- Interspinous process decompression devices are also known as interspinous spacers. Interspinous process decompression is a minimally invasive procedure which utilizes a stand-alone spacer that serves as a joint extension blocker, for relieving neural compression in patients with spinal stenosis.
- Interspinous spacers can be defined as medical devices that are implanted in the lower spine to relieve painful symptoms of spinal stenosis, which is caused due to narrowing of spinal canal. Lumbar spinal stenosis is thinning of the spinal canal in the lower back, which causes compression of nerves. The condition develops gradually with age.
- Spacers are placed between two interspinous processes in the lower spine through minimally invasive procedures. Interspinous spacers are implanted between those vertebrae in such a way that they prevent patients from bending too far backward. The procedure is simple, and sometimes patient can go home within a day.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market
- Increase in demand for minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of lumbar spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, and other related disorders, compared to spinal fusion procedures, contributes to the growth of the interspinous process decompression devices market. Moreover, the interspinous spacer placement has lower complication rates than decompression and spinal fusion techniques.
- Increase in geriatric population is considered to be a key driver of the interspinous process decompression devices market. Various organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and Population Reference Bureau indicate that the percentage of population aged above 50 is increasing at a steady pace compared to the geriatric population. The risk of degenerative disc disorder and lumbar spinal disorder significantly increases with age.
- Interspinous process decompression devices are implanted through minimally invasive surgical procedures and have less complication rates compared to other conventional surgical procedures. However, these pose higher risk of reoperation. The target patient population for interspinous process decompression devices procedures is mostly above 60 years and has some other medical conditions. Hence, the chances for repeated surgery for this group of patients treated with interspinous process decompression devices are higher. This might have a negative impact on the growth of the interspinous process decompression devices market.
North America to Lead Global Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global interspinous process decompression devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global interspinous process decompression devices market in 2018, owing to a high prevalence of lumbar spinal stenosis in the U.S., high adoption of advanced surgical techniques, and rise in affordability of the population in the region makes North America an attractive region of the interspinous process decompression devices market. However, stringent regulatory requirements are likely to restrict market penetration.
- Europe was the second largest market for interspinous process decompression devices in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for interspinous process decompression devices, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Significant increase in geriatric population in Japan and China; high prevalence and rise in incidence rates of lumbar spinal stenosis and degenerative disc diseases; and anticipated new product commercialization are likely to drive the interspinous process decompression devices market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market
Leading players in the global interspinous process decompression devices market are:
- Medtronic plc
- Globus Medical, Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet
- NuVasive, Inc.
- Paradigm Spine (RTI Surgical)
- Vertiflex Inc.
- Life Spine, Inc.
Global Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market, by Type
Global Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market, by Application
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
Global Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Orthopedic clinics
Global Interspinous Process Decompression Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.