Internal Nasal Dilators Market: Introduction
- Nasal dilator is a device that helps the nasal passage to expand to enable increased airflow. It is designed to improve sleep, relieve nasal congestion due to colds, allergies, or a deviated septum, and reduce snoring. Internal nasal dilators reduce airflow resistance by propping open the nostrils. The springy material forces outwards when compressed to fit inside the nostrils, expanding the alar cartilage on the nose, which is prone to collapse. Thus, this is particularly helpful to reduce snoring.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Internal Nasal Dilators Market
- Surge in geriatric population is a key driver of the internal nasal dilator market. Moreover, allergies, cold, and inhalational medication lead to increased prevalence of sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), breathing problems such as mild nasal airway obstructions, and snoring. This, in turn, is estimated to increase the demand for internal nasal dilators and consequently, drive the market.
- Rise in incidence of respiratory diseases and incidence of obesity, which is leading to extensive snoring, is anticipated to drive the market. For instance, according to the World Health Organization, approximately 235 million people suffer from asthma, and it is common children. More than 90% chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases occur in low and middle income countries. According to Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention, age adjusted prevalence of obesity in adults was 42.4% in 2017-2018.
- Quick and easy to use, reusable, and different sizes for optimum fit contribute to drive the market. However, need for frequent cleaning is likely to hinder the use of internal nasal dilator and consequently, restrain the market.
- Significant investments by key players in research & development is likely augment the market. For instance, Rhinomed received approval for nasal dilator in 2014.
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments toward modernization of healthcare infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to healthcare. Rise in prevalence & awareness about respiratory diseases and government initiatives in developing countries present lucrative opportunities in the global market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Internal Nasal Dilators Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global internal nasal dilator market due to high prevalence of respiratory diseases in the region. Moreover, presence of key market players and early adoption of newer technologies are key factors that are likely to drive the market
- Europe is expected to account for a significant share of the global market in 2019. It is estimated to expand at a moderate CAGR during the forecast period. The internal nasal dilator market in Asia Pacific is projected at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a surge in number of people with obesity leading to an increase in the demand for these products.
Key Players Operating in Global Internal Nasal Dilators Market
The global internal nasal dilator market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for internal nasal dilator has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to a rise in the prevalence of respiratory diseases and a surge in number of people with obesity across the globe. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Major players operating in the global internal nasal dilator market are:
- Tomed GmbH
- Splintek, Inc
Global Internal Nasal Dilators Market: Research Scope
Global Internal Nasal Dilators Market, by Usability
Global Internal Nasal Dilators Market, by Material
- Polymer + Alloy
Global Internal Nasal Dilators Market, by Application
- Sleep Apnea
- Deviated Septum
Global Internal Nasal Dilators Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Internal Nasal Dilators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!