Interferons are a class of proteins generated and released by the host cells in response to the presence of pathogenic microbes such as bacteria, viruses, fungi and tumor cells. Interferons belong to a class of glycoproteins called cytokines and are referred to as first line defenders against microbial infections. Owing to presence of the ability to ‘interfere in viral cell replication’, these proteins fight against an infection by triggering an immune response, that results in the generation of immunologic cells, such as T-cells, natural killer cells and macrophages. Usage of interferon is identified as one of the most advanced and effective clinical methods for treatment of numerous diseases such as hepatitis, sclerosis and cancer.
The market for interferon is projected to show a promising and lucrative growth in the next few years due to continued research and development activities in this field. At present, there are more than 15 human interferons available in the market and this number is expected to grow rapidly in the near future. Increasing global awareness for interferon therapy, rising demand for specialized medicines for diseases such as hepatitis-B, hepatitis-C and cancer and technological advancements in the R&D are some of the factors estimated as the major drivers for interferon market. However, patent expiration, high cost of treatment and R&D are some of the factors expected to hinder the growth of this market.
The global interferon market is segmented on the basis of applications of interferons, such as hepatitis-B, hepatitis C, melanoma, leukemia (interferon alpha), multiple sclerosis (interferon beta), renal cell carcinoma, leukemia (interferon gamma) and others. Moreover, the market can also be segmented on the basis of geographical regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW. North America is identified as the key market owing to technological advancement, growing demand for sophisticated treatment of chronic diseases and strong financial ability to invest in R&D. However, Asia Pacific region is expected to show a rapid and promising growth in the upcoming year, owing to rise in awareness about interferon therapy, an increase in financial ability for R&D and others.
Some of the market players in the interferon market include Roche Inc., Merck & Co.,Inc. Biogen Inc. and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments