Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market: Introduction
- A remote terminal unit (RTU) is a microprocessor-controlled device that helps the master device and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system to monitor and communicate with devices in the grid placed at various geographical locations
- A smart grid offers two-way communication between a power utility and its clients utilizing data and communication technologies
- RTUs essentially observes and controls the grid. They give real-time information that help in completing important activities, including prevention of power outage, leakages in water line, or breakage of the pipeline used to move oil and gas.
- An SCADA framework allows the service industry to remotely screen and control network devices to increase reliability.
- Real-time data is collected in smart grids with the help of sensors. RTUs help in transmitting real-time data to the control station, improving the performance of the grid in real time.
- RTUs are employed in substations to integrate automation, prompting the ideal distribution of power.
- RTUs are also installed in water treatment and distribution plants, for power transmission and distribution (T&D), and to check and control oil and gas lines.
- Large-scale vendors create competitive environment for medium- and small-scale vendors by offering a large portfolio of grid related products and also customizable products.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Global Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market Dynamics
- Rapidly increasing power consumption in different industries has augmented the development of a power grid infrastructure. Moreover, rise in the number of electric vehicles has created demand for power sources. This is adding to the load on transmission and distribution of power assets.
- Globally, several smart grid projects are in progress to improve the global power grid infrastructure. Therefore, development of smart grid projects is anticipated to increase the demand for SCADA systems thus, driving the intelligent remote terminal unit market.
- Moreover, increase in demand for energy and energy efficiency is fueling the need for supervisory control, data analysis, and monitoring of grids
- High cost associated with installation as well as maintenance of RTUs is expected to hamper the growth of the global intelligent remote terminal unit market in the near future
Global Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market: Segmentation Analysis
- On the basis of type, the intelligent remote terminal unit market can be segmented into interactive kiosks, interactive video wall, interactive whiteboard, interactive monitor, interactive table, and interactive flat-panel display.
- In terms of end-user, the intelligent remote terminal unit market can be divided into oil & gas, chemical & petrochemical, power generation, and water & waste water (W&WW) treatment.
- The oil & gas end-user segment accounted for a major share of the intelligent remote terminal unit market in 2018.
- The market share of this segment is anticipated to increase its. It is therefore, expected to lead the global intelligent remote terminal unit market during the forecast period.
To get a bird’s eye view of Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market forecasts, ask for a Custom Report
Europe to Lead the Global Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market
- The global intelligent remote terminal unit market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Europe is likely to dominate the market for intelligent remote terminal unit from 2019 to 2027, followed by North America and APAC.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market
The global intelligent remote terminal unit market was moderately fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global intelligent remote terminal unit market are:
- GE Grid Solutions, LLC
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Siemens Energy
- Advantech Co., Ltd.
Global Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market: Research Scope
Global Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market, by Type
- Interactive Kiosks
- Interactive Video Wall
- Interactive Whiteboard
- Interactive Monitor
- Interactive Table
- Interactive Flat-Panel Display
Global Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market, by End-user
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Power Generation
- Water & Waste Water (W&WW) Treatment
Global Intelligent Remote Terminal Unit Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Microprocessor-Controlled Devices
- Interactive Devices
- Smart Grid Projects
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.