The integrated gate-commutated thyristor (IGCT) is one type of power electro mechanical device, which is used for switching electric current in different industrial equipment applications. Integrated gate-commutated thyristor (IGCT) allows a robust series connection between high power turn-off devices which is used for high power applications. Across the globe, rising investment in different high power application is anticipated to trigger the demand for the integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market in coming years. In addition, the rapid expansion of different power electronics application into the new fields of energy management, renewable energy sources and cogeneration among others is also driving semiconductor requirements towards higher voltage, higher efficiency and higher frequency while increasing demands for lower costs and reliability. This in turn is also anticipated to increase the demand for the integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market. The global integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market is anticipated to witness a steady growth during the projection period from 2018 to 2026.
The integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market has been segmented on the basis of product type, application, end use industry and region. Based on product type, the market for integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) has been bifurcated into asymmetric, reverse blocking IGCT and reverse conducting IGCT. Reverse blocking IGCT has been optimized and designed for DC solid state circuit breaker (SSCB) applications. Development of a solid state circuit breaker (SSCB) based military hybrid electric vehicles power system in coming years is also anticipated to boost the demand for the integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market during the forecast period. In coming years, reverse conducting IGCT segment is anticipated to grow at a highest CAGR rate during the forecast period. On the basis of application, the integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market has been segregated into medium voltage drives, marine drives, wind power converters, dynamic voltage restorers, battery energy storage systems, traction power compensators, solid state breakers and DC traction line boosters among others. In 2017, solid state breakers and traction power compensators segment hold the major share in the global integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market. Based on end use industry, the integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market has been segmented into power transmission and distribution, industrial, military and defense among others. Moreover, low conduction loss as compared to GTO and IGBT and better performance capability at higher temperature range is also expected to drive the demand of the market in coming years. On the flip side, complex designing structure and manufacturing process is hindering the growth of the product market. Electromagnetic relays and fuses are required to protect the next generation power systems, which is also adds value to drive the demand for the integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market.
Geographically, global integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle- East and Africa and Latin America. The growth in demand for power electronics market is majorly driven by North America. Asia Pacific is predicted to witness the most auspicious market in the coming years. In addition, cumulative emphasis on research and development happenings by government initiative in aerospace and defense is also acting as a key factor in the growth for Europe market. Across the globe most promising and developing countries in Asia Pacific to dominate the second market share within next forecast period. Asia pacific region is expected to be the fasted growing market for this product due to rapid industrialization and increasing demand of high power solid state circuit breaker (SSCB) based products.
Global integrated gate-commutated thyristors (IGCT) market is majorly driven by key players in the market. Some of the key players are ABB Ltd. (Sweden), Tianjin Century Electronics Co., Ltd. (China), Infineon Technologies AG (Germany), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), General Electric Co. (The U.S.) and Amepower, Inc. (The U.S.), among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.