In-silico Drug Discovery Market: Introduction
- Drug development and discovery is a lengthy, intense, and interdisciplinary endeavor. It is mostly portrayed as a consecutive and linear process that starts with lead and target discovery, followed by lead optimization and pre-clinical in-vivo and in-vitro studies to define if such compounds fulfill a number of pre-set criteria to start clinical development.
- In-silico drug discovery methods help find drug targets via bioinformatics tools. These methods can also be utilized to analyze target structures for possible active/binding sites, check for their drug likeness, generate candidate molecules, rank them according to their binding affinities, dock these molecules with the target, and further optimize molecules to improve binding characteristics.
- Usually, drugs were discovered by synthesizing compounds in a time-consuming multi-step processes against a battery of in vivo biological screens and further investigating promising candidates for their metabolism, potential toxicity, and pharmacokinetic properties. These types of development processes have resulted in high attrition rates with failures attributed to animal toxicity, lack of efficacy, adverse effects in humans, poor pharmacokinetics, and various miscellaneous and commercial factors.
- Presently, the drug discovery process has been reformed with the advent of bioinformatics, genomics, proteomics, and efficient technologies such as virtual screening, high throughput screening (HTS), combinatorial chemistry, in silico ADMET screening, and structure-based drug design
Key Drivers of Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market
- Growth in the biomarker identification area, focus on reduction in readmission rates and medical errors, computational technological advancements in the field of computational biology, and advancements in In-silico drug discovery techniques are key factors that are expected to drive the global in-silico drug discovery market during the forecast period
Protein Segment to Dominate the Global Market
- In terms of type of large molecule, the global in-silico drug discovery market can be classified into antibodies, proteins, peptides, nucleic acid, gene therapy, and vectors
- The protein segment is estimated to dominate the global in-silico drug discovery market during the forecast period
- Increase in the patient population with novel diseases, such as COVID-19, is expected to drive the segment during the forecast period
- According to a study published in the Journal Molecular Informatics 2020, in-silico drug discovery is being carried out for targeting SARS?CoV?2 proteins through docking and consensus ranking
North America to Dominate the Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market
- In terms of region, the global in-silico drug discovery market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global in-silico drug discovery market during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements, presence of strong vendors, large patient population suffering from various chronic and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19 and chronic kidney disease, and increasing governments focus on improvement of healthcare infrastructure are expected to drive the in-silico drug discovery market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market
Key players operating in the global in-silico drug discovery market are:
- Sundia MediTech
- Sygnature Discovery
- Viva Biotech
- Creative Biostructure
Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market: Research Scope
Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market, by Type of Large Molecule
- Nucleic Acids
Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market, by Drug Discovery Steps
- Hit Generation
- Lead Optimization
- Target Identification
- Target Validation
Global In-silico Drug Discovery Market, by Target therapeutic Area
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Infectious Diseases
- Metabolic Disorders
- Mental Disorders
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Oncological Disorders
- Respiratory Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Urogenital Disorders
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Blood Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Gastrointestinal and Digestive Disorders
- Hormonal Disorders
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.