Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market: Introduction
- Inguinal hernia is a disorder in which part of the small intestine or intra-abdominal fat, bulges in the lower intestinal muscles through a delicate area. Inguinal hernia occurs in the groin i.e. the area between the belly and the thigh. This form of hernia is called inguinal hernia, as fat or part of the intestine slides at the inguinal ring (i.e. the opening to the inguinal canal) through a weak area.
- Two types of inguinal hernia include indirect inguinal hernia and direct inguinal hernia. Indirect inguinal hernia is inborn and it is much more frequent among men than women. In particular, premature infants are at a risk of developing indirect inguinal hernia. Direct inguinal hernia is caused by degeneration of the abdominal muscles in the connective tissue, which causes muscle weakening during adult years. Direct inguinal hernia occurs only in men. Factors such as weight gain; sudden twists, muscle strains, or pulls in the abdominal muscles; lifting heavy objects; straining led by constipation; and chronic coughing are major factors responsible for the development of direct inguinal hernia.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market
- Product innovations and ongoing technological advancements to drive global market
- Repairing hernia is a common procedure; however, continuous technological advancements are taking place in order to design and introduce new and efficient treatments for hernia. This trend is observed primarily due to increased preference for minimally invasive surgical procedures and highly efficient treatment for inguinal hernia. Introduction of innovative and high-performance-oriented inguinal hernia treatment devices, such as synthetic and biologic mesh systems, holds immense potential, primarily due to the continuous evolution of minimally invasive surgical procedures and inguinal hernia treatments worldwide. Modern hernia repair procedures successfully overcome the restraints associated with conventional repair procedures such as post-operative pain and possibility of infection. Additionally, risen usage of advanced technological platforms (such as robotics for surgery and advanced endoscopy equipment) for proficient diagnosis and treatment of hernia ensures high reliability and accuracy of the procedure. Currently, increasing focus of manufacturers on developing effective inguinal hernia treatment, especially biologic and composite mesh systems, offers growth opportunities to established players as well as new players entering the market.
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market: Segmentation
- Based on type, the global inguinal hernia treatment market can be segmented into direct and indirect
- The indirect segment is expected to dominate the global inguinal hernia treatment market between 2019 and 2027
- In terms of diagnosis, the global inguinal hernia treatment market can be segregated into physical examination, CT scan, abdominal ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and others
- In terms of treatment, the global inguinal hernia treatment market can be categorized into open hernia repair, laparoscopy, and others
- Based on end-user, the global market for inguinal hernia treatment can be classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, research & academic institutes, and others
North America to Dominate Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global inguinal hernia treatment market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America constitutes a leading share of the global market for inguinal hernia. This is largely due to consistent rise in geriatric population, presence of well-developed healthcare infrastructure, and improved access to healthcare facilities in the region. According to statistics published by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2017, the geriatric population in the U.S. would increase by approximately 80% in the next 25 years. This indicates that the elderly population would double by 2050, whereas the number of working adults and children would rise by merely 15%. This increase in geriatric population would, in turn, lead to increase in the number of patients with inguinal hernia and subsequent repair procedures in the region. Increase in healthcare expenditure coupled with technological advancements further boosts the inguinal hernia treatment market in the region.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, Request for a Sample
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global inguinal hernia treatment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global inguinal hernia treatment market are:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Cook Medical
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by Type
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by Diagnosis
- Physical Examination
- CT Scan
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Open Hernia Repair
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Research & Academic Institutes
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.