Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market: Introduction
- Inguinal hernia is a disorder in which part of the small intestine or intra-abdominal fat, bulges in the lower intestinal muscles through a delicate area. Inguinal hernia occurs in the groin i.e. the area between the belly and the thigh. This form of hernia is called inguinal hernia, as fat or part of the intestine slides at the inguinal ring (i.e. the opening to the inguinal canal) through a weak area.
- Two types of inguinal hernia include indirect inguinal hernia and direct inguinal hernia. Indirect inguinal hernia is inborn and it is much more frequent among men than women. In particular, premature infants are at a risk of developing indirect inguinal hernia. Direct inguinal hernia is caused by degeneration of the abdominal muscles in the connective tissue, which causes muscle weakening during adult years. Direct inguinal hernia occurs only in men. Factors such as weight gain; sudden twists, muscle strains, or pulls in the abdominal muscles; lifting heavy objects; straining led by constipation; and chronic coughing are major factors responsible for the development of direct inguinal hernia.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market
- Product innovations and ongoing technological advancements to drive global market
- Repairing hernia is a common procedure; however, continuous technological advancements are taking place in order to design and introduce new and efficient treatments for hernia. This trend is observed primarily due to increased preference for minimally invasive surgical procedures and highly efficient treatment for inguinal hernia. Introduction of innovative and high-performance-oriented inguinal hernia treatment devices, such as synthetic and biologic mesh systems, holds immense potential, primarily due to the continuous evolution of minimally invasive surgical procedures and inguinal hernia treatments worldwide. Modern hernia repair procedures successfully overcome the restraints associated with conventional repair procedures such as post-operative pain and possibility of infection. Additionally, risen usage of advanced technological platforms (such as robotics for surgery and advanced endoscopy equipment) for proficient diagnosis and treatment of hernia ensures high reliability and accuracy of the procedure. Currently, increasing focus of manufacturers on developing effective inguinal hernia treatment, especially biologic and composite mesh systems, offers growth opportunities to established players as well as new players entering the market.
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market: Segmentation
- Based on type, the global inguinal hernia treatment market can be segmented into direct and indirect
- The indirect segment is expected to dominate the global inguinal hernia treatment market between 2019 and 2027
- In terms of diagnosis, the global inguinal hernia treatment market can be segregated into physical examination, CT scan, abdominal ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and others
- In terms of treatment, the global inguinal hernia treatment market can be categorized into open hernia repair, laparoscopy, and others
- Based on end-user, the global market for inguinal hernia treatment can be classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, research & academic institutes, and others
North America to Dominate Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global inguinal hernia treatment market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America constitutes a leading share of the global market for inguinal hernia. This is largely due to consistent rise in geriatric population, presence of well-developed healthcare infrastructure, and improved access to healthcare facilities in the region. According to statistics published by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2017, the geriatric population in the U.S. would increase by approximately 80% in the next 25 years. This indicates that the elderly population would double by 2050, whereas the number of working adults and children would rise by merely 15%. This increase in geriatric population would, in turn, lead to increase in the number of patients with inguinal hernia and subsequent repair procedures in the region. Increase in healthcare expenditure coupled with technological advancements further boosts the inguinal hernia treatment market in the region.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, Request for a Sample
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global inguinal hernia treatment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global inguinal hernia treatment market are:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Cook Medical
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by Type
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by Diagnosis
- Physical Examination
- CT Scan
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Open Hernia Repair
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Research & Academic Institutes
Global Inguinal Hernia Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.