Infertility Testing and Treatment Market: Introduction
- Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive naturally after one year of unprotected copulation. Within the field of reproductive state, infertility indicates a deficiency that does not compromise the physical ability of the individual, nor is it life-threatening. However, it could impact the development of individuals (both men and women), weaken their personality, and induce frustration. Around 50 million to 80 million couples suffer from infertility issues at least once in their reproductive lives. The situation of infertility is different in developing countries as compared to that in developed countries.
- Apart from the endocrinological, anatomical, immunological, and genetic issues, a substantial percentage of women suffer from preventable issues such as pelvic inflammatory diseases (PIDs), postpartum infections, sexually transmitted infections, post abortion infection, tubal damage, previous contraceptive complications, and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Infertility Testing and Treatment Market
- A rise in infertility and treatment awareness and the introduction of novel testing devices are key factors driving the global Infertility testing and treatment market. As per the US Census Bureau Statistics 2014, 142.9 million people were found to be infertile. As per the World Health Organization, one in every six couple suffers from infertility related issues.
- Infertility is caused by different reasons including physiological dysfunction, STD (sexually transmitted diseases), anatomical or genetic disorder, endocrinological and immunological problems. Malaria, chlamydia (STI) gonorrhea, and other existing diseases
- Physiological reasons that could cause infertility are a congenital malformation, tubal blockage, abnormal ovulation, low quality and quantity of sperm, and ejaculatory dysfunctions. Additionally, infection, pollution, higher age, and other environmental hazards may lead to infertility. The fertility rate has been decreasing for the last few years with an increasing rate of infertility throughout the world.
- The required treatment procedures are still out of reach for people due to the higher costs involved and country-wise regulatory issues, which are major factors restraining the infertility testing and treatment market. The higher cost of IVF procedures is a prominent restraining factor, and the treatment is still beyond the reach of numerous infertile couples. The cost depends on the type of treatment and the age of the woman seeking the treatment. The amount to be paid by a 35 year old or younger woman would be less, and the investment increases as the age of the woman increases.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Infertility Testing and Treatment Market
Based on region, the global infertility testing and treatment market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America held a prominent share owing to high incidence of infertility, rising awareness about Infertility testing among women, the rising age of first-time pregnancies in women, and the easy availability of ovulation and fertility monitors through e-commerce websites.
Expansion of the Asia Pacific market is majorly due to a rise in the number of women suffering from the lifestyle disorders, raising funding/investments toward the development of fertility and ovulation monitors, and surge in focus of both international and domestic players on the infertility test market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Infertility Testing and Treatment Market
The global infertility testing and treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. Major Players operating in the global infertility testing and treatment market are:
- Illumina, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Delta Diagnostics
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Genea Limited
- Ferring B.V.
- Swiss Precision Diagnostics
- Church & Dwight
- Prestige Brands Holdings
- Fairhaven Health
- Geratherm Medical
- Hilin Life Products
- AdvaCare Pharma (US),
Global Infertility Testing and Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Infertility Testing and Treatment Market, by Gender
- Male infertility
- Oxidative Stress Analysis
- Computer-Assisted Semen Analysis (CASA)
- Microscopic Examination
- DNA Fragmentation
- Sperm Penetration Assay
- Sperm Agglutination
- Sperm Retrieval Treatment
- Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Microsurgical Sperm Aspiration
- Varicocele Repairs
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Female infertility
- Ovulation Testing
- Ovarian Reserve Testing
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Hormonal Level Testing
- Others (Genetic Testing)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Drug & Hormone Therapies
Global Infertility Testing and Treatment Market, by End-user
- Fertility & Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Infertility Testing and Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.