Infant Formula Packaging Market
Infant Formula Packaging Market (Packaging Format: Cans, Cartons, Pouches, and Others [Tubs, etc.]; and Form Type: Powdered Form and Ready-to-Feed liquid Form) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 -2027
Press Release :
Surveys and Consultation with Mothers Give Rise to Perfect Dosing Systems
In order to gain a better understanding of a mother’s wants and needs, packaging companies in the infant formula packaging market are conducting surveys to innovate in new formats of packaging. For instance, one of Germany’s dairy cooperative DMK Group announced collaboration with A&R Carton— a European paperboard packaging solutions provider, to survey mothers from seven different countries to introduce new packaging formats for powdered baby formula. As such, the revenue of powdered form is projected for exponential growth and the infant formula packaging market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 3 Bn by the end of 2027.
Safety, convenience, and appealing design are some of the key focus points that are generating incremental opportunities for manufacturers in the market for infant formula packaging. In order to boost their credibility credentials in the infant formula packaging market, manufacturers are increasing their efficacy in perfect dosing systems and offering packaging formats that provide protection against bacteria.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Infant Formula Packaging Market
Tamper-evident Packaging Reassures Product Safety in Infant Formula Packaging Market
Safety and quality have become some of the top priorities of parents while choosing infant food products. In order to meet varying needs of buyers, manufacturers in the infant formula packaging market are innovating in non-detachable and tamper evident packaging to maintain the safety and quality of products. For instance, Shijiazhuang Junlebao Dairy Co., Ltd.— one of China’s dairy product companies, introduced their non-detachable tamper-evident tear band provided by global leader in dispensing systems for the company’s Youcui brand of premium and organic infant formula. China being one of Asia Pacific’s leading economy is boosting the growth of the market for infant formula packaging.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Sleek, bi-injected closures are acquiring popularity in the market for infant formula packaging, which makes products look more premium and attract the attention of buyers in retail stores. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D activities to develop packaging solutions with unique designs that make it easy for buyers to spot product and reassure product safety.
Companies Replace BPA with BPS for Epoxy Lining in Canned Packaging
The infant formula packaging market is largely fragmented with tier 3 local and regional players accounting for ~68% - 77% of the global market share. Hence, packaging companies are increasing their production capabilities to develop detachable tamper-evident systems. However, risks of toxic chemicals entering through food packaging are some of the barriers that manufacturers in the market for infant formula packaging need to tackle.
For instance, bisphenol (BPA) compounds are used to make epoxy lining in metal cans. As such, the revenue of cans is anticipated for aggressive growth and highest revenue among packaging formats in the market landscape. However, BPA compounds are associated with endocrine disruption and reproductive toxicity among consumers. Hence, manufacturers are now replacing BPA with Bisphenol S (BPS) for infant formula packaging. Ongoing research is being conducted to validate whether BPS is an effective replacement for BPA. On the other hand, manufacturers in the infant formula packaging market are increasing the availability of innovative packaging solutions to help companies prepare baby formula that are safe and hygienic.
Sustainable Packaging Solutions Boost Credibility of Manufacturers in Global Market
Environment-friendly infant formula packaging solutions are being highly publicized in the market landscape. Such innovations are contributing toward the robust growth of the market, which is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period. For instance, in February 2019, Greiner Packaging— Europe’s plastic packaging manufacturer, announced the launch of K3®-F packaging, which is a fully recyclable cardboard-wrap container for powdered formula. As such, the infant formula packaging market in Europe is projected to generate the second-highest revenue.
Companies in the infant formula packaging market are developing solutions that can be easily separated from one another before disposal. They are acquiring global recognition by agreeing to sign the New Plastics Economy Global Commitment launched by the U.K.-based Ellen MacArthur Foundation.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Infant Formula Packaging Market
Total quality control of products from start to finish are some of the end goals of manufacturers in the infant formula packaging market. Companies are introducing 100% steel cans that offer the highest degree of protection from counterfeiting.
Asia Pacific is the leading economy that contributes to a higher share of the global market in terms of revenue. However, strict monetary penalties for milk formula companies are hampering the speed of innovations in the market landscape. Thus, companies should participate in society-wide programs that create awareness about regulations pertaining to commercialization of infant formula and foods. Consultation with mothers from different countries is one of the important takeaways to capitalize on the buyers’ demands and requirements.
Infant Formula Packaging Market: Overview
- Rising demand for safe and hygienic packaging of infant formula is anticipated to expand the global infant formula packaging market almost twice of its current value during the forecast period. In 2019, the global infant formula packaging market was valued at ~US$ 1.5 Bn and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period.
- Infant formula packaging products are specially designed as per the regulations of FDA. Various types of infant formula packaging are available, including plastic containers such as tubs, metal cans, cartons, and pouches. These packaging formats are best suitable packaging solutions for wet and dry infant formula. Low carbon impact packaging and easy to recyclable material are gaining more traction among end-users in the global infant formula packaging market.
Asia Pacific to Outperform in Infant Formula Packaging Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a major contributor in the global infant formula packaging market by registering healthy CAGR of around 10% over the forecast period
- China is forecast to remain the largest infant formula packaging market in terms of its volume contribution to growth, although manufacturers face new challenges linked to legislation limiting the number of products available. This can be attributed to the growing adoption of infant formula among urban parents and strong demand for premium products are key factors driving the infant formula packaging market during 2019-27.
Socio Demographic Factors to Play Pivotal Role in Infant Formula Packaging Market
- Growing urbanization and the rising number of working women population are key factors in the growth of the infant formula packaging market in emerging economies of Asia Pacific, notably in ASEAN countries
- Increasing awareness about nutritional benefits of infant formula amplifying sales of infant formula packaging in the developing economies. Moreover, premiumization and provenance are anticipated to remain key to build consumer trust during the forecast period in the infant formula packaging market.
Manufacturers Focus on Product Improvement to Seek Customer Attention
- Packaging manufacturers are focusing on innovating infant formula packaging closures to meet the growing demand of consumers. For instance, a Chinese manufacturer has introduced infant formula package with non-detachable tamper-evident tear closure that conveys safety and quality. This feature provides the aesthetic appearance to the product and therefore, attracts the eyes of consumers.
- Packaging manufacturers such as Aptar has introduced bi-injectable closure that offers remunerative growth opportunities to infant formula packaging manufacturers to gain the attention of customers on store shelves
- Manufacturers such as “Greiner Packaging” in the infant formula packaging market has come up with the k3-F technology that separates the plastic container and cardboard wrap for recycling. This technology significantly reduces plastic in packaging, while the cardboard wrap maintains product stability. The company also claims that plastic container and cardboard wrap can be delivered separately to infant formula packaging manufacturers. Inventories can, therefore, be kept to a minimum despite a potentially wide variety of different decoration variants.
Innovative Packaging and Premiumization Offer Lucrative Revenue Opportunities
- Innovative packaging for infant formula is gaining significant traction from the past three years. Infant formula packaging manufacturers are focusing on green packaging solutions to meet customer’s various needs. Various factors such as safe and reusable packaging solutions, hygienic and flexible packaging are expected to create exponential opportunities for infant formula packaging market growth.
- Growing inclination toward sustainable and environment-friendly packaging products is witnessed among end users in the infant formula packaging market. Brand owners are realizing responsibilities associated with their business and thus, moving towards providing eco-friendly packaging to consumers. Furthermore, the infant formula packaging consists of good barrier resistance and premium packaging quality can be used as an effective marketing tool for branding and promotion of products.
Development in Sales Channel Propel Growth Opportunities for Infant Formula Packaging Market
- With increasing industrialization, the number of supermarkets and hypermarkets is expected to increase rapidly in emerging and developing countries over the next decade. This is expected to boost customer reach and easy availability of products in the infant formula packaging market.
- With increasing disposable incomes, consumers are able to buy premium quality infant formula products, which has a significant impact on the sale of infant formula packaging
- Furthermore, owing to growing inclination toward modern lifestyle, the number of working women population is increasing. Infant formula provides convenience for working women for feeding their child, expected to increase its consumption. This further increases the revenue opportunity for key players in the infant formula packaging market.
Infant Formula Packaging Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) published a new report on the global Infant formula packaging market, providing forecast for the period of 2019-2027. As per TMR’s study, substantial growth opportunities for players in the infant formula packaging market are expected, attributable to the increasing demand for hygiene and high quality products. The report provides valuable insights, which enables readers to make winning business decisions for the future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the infant formula packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting the growth of the market are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Infant Formula Packaging Market Report
- What will be the market size for infant formula packaging by the end of 2027?
- Which form is expected to be most preferred for Infant formula packaging? What was its market size in 2019?
- Which region will remain the most lucrative in the infant formula packaging market?
- Who are major players in the infant formula packaging market?
Key indicators associated with the infant formula packaging market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. Vital market dynamics, such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global infant formula packaging market are also included. A comprehensive study on the supply chain, which includes key players and end users have been incorporated in the global infant formula packaging market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market report include pricing strategy of leading market players, and comparative analysis of market. Forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the infant formula packaging market have been covered in the report to enable readers to understand the future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the infant formula packaging market is provided on the basis of packaging format, form type, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The infant formula packaging market has been analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the Infant formula packaging market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of the profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of infant formula packaging manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for infant formula packaging.
Key companies profiled in the infant formula packaging market report include Amcor Plc., Scholle IPN, Sonoco Europe, GUALAPACK S.P.A., Silgan Holdings, Perrigo Company, Aptar Group, Tetra Pak, Visy Industries and CM Packaging.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach, makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the infant formula packaging market report for the study evaluation period. This TMR report comprises detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights and forecast assessment of the market. Extensive primary and secondary research has been employed to obtain strong insights into the Infant formula packaging market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the infant formula packaging market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Infant Formula Packaging Market – Segmentation
The global infant formula packaging market has been divided on the basis of packaging format, form type, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed in detail to provide readers with a holistic view of the industry.