Industrial Workwear Market
Industrial Workwear Market (Type: Top Wear, Bottom Wear, Footwear, and Overall; Application: Flame & Heat Resistant, Electric Protection, Electric Arc Protection, Chemical Protection, Cut Protection, High Visibility, and Others; End-use Industry: Construction, Home Services, Security Services, Catering Services, Installation Services, Transportation, Hospitality, Forestry, Food Processing & Services, Oil & Mining, Telecommunication, Manufacturing, Automotive, Chemical, Landscaping, and Others; Pricing: Low, Medium, and High; Fit Type: Men, Women, and Unisex; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Consumer Goods & Services
- 630 Pages
Employee Concerns for Safety, Protection Drive Demand for Upgraded Industrial Workwear
People employed in the industrial sector are equipped with workwear for outfit durability and safety. Studies suggest that good workwear can help increase productivity and output of the company as workers feel safe and equal to carry the work more efficiently. Moreover, some jobs demand certain gears and types of clothing so that employees become can feel safer, while performing critical tasks in industrial areas. The high visibility workwear is trending at many companies, as it eases down tasks and employee recognition. The present industrial workwear market is growing, owing to numerous factors, including trending workplace attires, industrial safety, protection from radiation, heat, chemicals, etc. depending on the industry. With emerging manufacturers around the world, the global industrial workwear market is expected to thrive during the forecast period.
Developing an adequate dress code for workers in the warehouse, industrial, and manufacturing jobs requires specific considerations. Workers demand comfortable attire that not only allows them to execute their jobs efficiently, but guards them against hazards, as some jobs may involve physical labor or work in a dangerous environment. Furthermore, they need to appear professional to coworkers, consumers, and visitants. In addition, as most workers avoid torn, frayed, and dirty clothing, there is always an increasing need for new workwear to allow them to appear neat, unwrinkled, clean, and well maintained. The leading manufacturers of industrial workwear have increased their focus on research and development of workwear to introduce innovative solutions for critical as well as normal work.
Various producers now offer customized solutions for clients with particular interests to increase the demand for products. The rising interest of consumers for customized clothing is driving the industrial workwear market during the upcoming future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Industrial Workwear Market
Workwear Manufacturers Focus on Producing Medical Attires amidst COVID-19 Crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected most of the industries, including textile, clothing, and industrial workwear segments. Governments all over the world have implemented stringent regulations to close down manufacturing plants, retail shops, supply chains, and various sectors that demand the workwear. With exponential market closures, manufacturers going bankrupt, deficiency in supplier protection, and factory workers being furloughed, the pandemic has appeared like the start of the dystopian end for the growing industrial workwear market. However, the COVID-19 crisis caused increasing workflow in the medical industry, with a lot of demand in surgical and medical workwear. As the demand for such attires was unprecedented, major PPE players were ramping up local production to try and meet the growing demand. Various industrial workwear manufacturers switched toward producing medical scrubs, PPE kits, and warm-up jackets for healthcare employees, which, in turn, kept the businesses running.
The industrial workwear market is influenced by various factors, including design, production, manufacturing, distribution, consumption, and disposal of raw materials, clothing, textile, accessories, and footwear. Restrictions on manufacturing and supply chain have led to a slowdown in demand for the industrial workwear market. Supplier firms reeled with major shocks due to shortage of raw materials in various regions due to limited permission for production. The chain reaction had a deep impact on production rates in nations reliant on imported raw materials. Asia Pacific countries such as Myanmar saw the shutdown of, at least, 20 facilities and the loss of more than 10,000 jobs. However, in some nations such as India, institutions including FDCI (The Fashion Design Council of India) came to the restoration of small businesses and young designers by extending a COVID-19 Support Fund. With opportunities such as the production of facemasks and medical attires, many manufacturers are overcoming losses, and are expecting to fully recover the business once the pandemic ends.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Different Industrial Workers Require Distinct Workwear
In some industrial environments, uniform-type clothing may be a mandatory dress code requirement. The significance of adequate work clothing cannot be understated. Many businesses make meaningful investments in the work uniforms of their employees to provide them with the right workwear resulting in increased productivity at work, and more importantly, will promote a safer work environment. In some non-industrial settings, polo shirts are most common among men, as they offer a perfect balance between comfortable and formal. In industrial settings, cotton is the most commonly used material, as it is known for heat conduction, smoothness, durability, and ventilation. The rising awareness of the environment is increasing the demand for eco-friendly uniforms such as fleece. Fleece workwear can be majestic when it comes to flexibility, and it is available in varying designs and colors depending on specifications of the company or the wearer. Traditionally, fleece is used for outside clothing due to its capacity to resist harsh weather conditions.
The pre-COVID-19 industrial workwear has witnessed a surge in demand for high visibility clothing, as essential safety wear for people who work in dark environments or at night. They can also be crucially important in roadside construction, which will make it easy to have them seen even from afar. Moreover, in a setting like construction or ground projects, coveralls are popularly used as a one-piece suit to keep off dirt and spills from the body. The coveralls have been evolved and became a staple for safety wear in different working conditions in recent years. They have been incorporated with diverse technologies to enhance the capability to promote the safety of workers. Industrial workwear is often made available in the form of t-shirts, jackets, coverall, and even hats depending on the setting and weather. The variety of types for distinct end users is contributing toward the growth of the industrial workwear market during the forecast period.
The industrial workwear market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% in terms of value during the forecast period. This can be attributed to factors including increasing pace of industrialization in emerging economies, rising population across the world, and booming automotive, chemical, oil & gas industries globally opting for protective clothing due to the enforcement of safety norms. An in-depth analysis of the industrial workwear market with overall future projections is available in the industrial workwear market report for the period 2021–2031.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Industrial Workwear Market
The increasing global growth rate of the industrial sector coupled with rising consciousness about workwear usage to prevent risks associated with workplace accidents and fatalities is a major opportunity for the industrial workwear market. Moreover, the demand for high-performance fabric with moisture management and thermal regulation properties is increasing in various industries, including automotive, petrochemicals, construction, mining, and logistics. In addition, with the introduction of high-quality fabrics with resistance to abrasions, tears, and scuffs, and flames, the demand for industrial workwear is further expected to rise. The North American region is likely to dominate the future industrial workwear market share.
Industrial Workwear Market: Overview
- According to the latest market report published by Transparency Market Research on the industrial workwear market for the period of 2021–2031 (wherein 2021 to 2031 is the forecast period and 2020 is the base year), rising investment in the industrial sector and increasing working age population coupled with rise in women’s participation across various industries are key factors responsible for the growth of the industrial workwear market
- Globally, revenue generated by the industrial workwear market was valued at ~US$ 10.6 Bn in 2020, which is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% in terms of value during the forecast period
Rising Demand for Safe, Durable Workwear: Key Driver of Industrial Workwear Market
- Increased pace of industrialization in emerging economies has been a successful driver boosting the adoption of industrial workwear. Emerging economies such as India, China, and Brazil are witnessing increasing industrialization to improve manpower productivity due to increased population and reduction of their dependence on the agriculture industry. Industrialization in emerging countries has resulted in a shift from agriculture to the manufacturing industry. This has opened doors for several global players to establish their plants in emerging countries of the globe across various industries for manufacturing due to the availability of inexpensive labor and raw materials.
- The booming automotive industry, chemical industry, oil & gas industry, etc., around the world opt for protective clothing due to enforcement of safety norms, which is driving the demand for industrial workwear
Increasing Awareness about Usage of Workwear in Work Places a Significant Opportunity for Industrial Workwear Market
- Worldwide growth of the industrial sector coupled with rising awareness about the usage of workwear in order to prevent risks associated with workplace accidents and fatalities is a major opportunity for the industrial workwear market. eCommerce sites have revolutionized the protective clothing industry as a whole. Sales of industrial workwear through electronic portals have soared beyond expectation, surpassing the traditional sales channels.
- E-sites have helped create better traction in the market, as they help increase the presence of companies across geographies coupled with the emergence of new players. Third-party electronic sites such as Industrial Workwear Limited and Workwear Express, are popular globally, bridging the gap between manufacturers and end consumers. Additionally, prominent manufacturers such as 3M sell their protective clothing on sites of other manufacturers where physical presence is not available. Thus, emergence of online sites have helped introduce a platform for new manufacturers, which is anticipated to increase the demand for industrial workwear.
Increasing Preference for Smart Industrial Workwear: Key Trend of Industrial Workwear Market
- High performance fabric with moisture management and thermal regulation properties in various industries, including automotive, petrochemicals, construction, mining, and logistics, is gaining popularity
- High quality fabrics with resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, and flames are being introduced. Ultra-lightweight, next-to-skin shirts, and bottoms that are soft and durable, apart from combat-ready ensembles and flight suits that offer comfort and protection and would not wash or wear out over time are emerging in the industry.
- Additionally, smart industrial workwear is the newest trend in the industrial workwear market. SINTEF, a Norwegian research organization came up with smart clothing suitable for ultra-cold oil fields in Alaska, the North Sea, and Siberia. Fabrics of these clothing are integrated with sensors that help monitor body temperature, humidity, and precipitation levels. Real-time data of the workers helps supervisors to analyze and monitor the workers’ health.
Lack of Enforcement of Stringent Safety Standards across Various Countries Globally to Hamper Industrial Workwear Market Growth
- Implications of safety standards vary from country to country. In the U.S., under the United States Department of Labor, various agencies such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and Mine Safety and Health Administration regulate the safety norms for various industries. Similarly, European Agency for Safety and Health at Work regulates the safety norms for various industries across Europe. This may lead to variation or confusion in the global industrial sector to monitor overall workers safety, which may impact the growth of the industrial workwear market.
- However, similar safety scenarios do not exist in other regions despite regulatory frameworks. For instance, several agencies in African countries do not follow standard procedures and safety norms, which tends to increase the number of fatalities. According to ESI Africa, apart from South Africa, other countries in Africa lack Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) regulations. This may be a challenge for the growth of the industrial workwear market.
- China, India, Indonesia, and Brazil top the list of countries with the most workplace accidents globally, due to lack of enforcement of stringent safety standards in workplaces. The workplace market in developing countries is a mix of formal and informal firms and workers. More than half of the workers, and firms are informal and not registered with governments for reaping social security benefits, and hence, fewer are eligible for compensation in case of workplace injuries. Hence, lack of awareness about safety standards as well as enforcement of stringent safety standards across various developing countries is anticipated to be a restraint for the industrial workwear market.
Industrial Workwear Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of industrial workwear have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the industrial workwear market include
- Honeywell International Inc.
- VF Corporation
- Ansell Ltd.
- Aramark Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.
Industrial Workwear Market: Key Developments
- Prominent players in the industrial workwear market are increasing investments in innovative products to fulfill the needs of end users and offer them customized solutions. Manufacturers are also planning to expand their product range and presence in various geographies through mergers & acquisitions and offer customized solutions to end users.
- Some other key developments in the industrial workwear market are highlighted below:
- In January 2021, Hultafors Group acquired Fristads, as well as its sister brands Kansas and Leijona, from Fristads Kansas Group. Fristads, Kansas, and Leijona operate as a standalone unit within Hultafors Group, which, in turn, is owned by Investment AB Latour
- In January 2021, MSA Safety Inc., a maker of sophisticated safety products-based in Cranberry, officially announced the acquisition of the U.K.-based Bristol Uniforms, a provider of protective apparel for fire and rescue personnel as part of an all-cash transaction valued at approximately US$ 60 Mn
- In January 2021, Alexandra Plc bagged a contract of above US$ 1 Mn to provide winter uniforms for COVID-19 testing center staff in the U.K. This contract involves supply of around 80,000 items ranging from thermals, boots, and body warmers to hi-vis jackets, coats, and fleeces.
Industrial Workwear Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global industrial workwear market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global industrial workwear market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global industrial workwear market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period of 2021 - 2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global industrial workwear market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global industrial workwear market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth of the global industrial workwear market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global industrial workwear market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Industrial Workwear Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the industrial workwear market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global industrial workwear market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies in the global industrial workwear market?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global industrial workwear market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global industrial workwear market?
Research Methodology – Industrial Workwear Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global industrial workwear market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global industrial workwear market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the industrial workwear market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from shooting range industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global industrial workwear market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global industrial workwear market more reliable and accurate.
Industrial Workwear Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global industrial workwear market includes information categorized into seven sections ? type, application, end-use industry, pricing, fit type, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the industrial workwear market are discussed in detail.