Industrial I/O Modules Market Introduction
- Industrial I/O modules are devices associated with field devices such as actuators, drives, and sensors with controllers, including distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and industrial PCs.
- The I/O modules are used to convert field signals into information and forward it to the controller.
Industrial I/O Modules Market Dynamics
- Rapidly growing developments in power grid projects across the world has prompted the growth of the industrial I/O modules market.
- Significant expansion of power grid projects is expected to encourage the adoption of industrial I/O modules in power generation, distribution, and transmission.
- Several benefits are associated with usage of smart grids. These include reduced number of transformer failures, and management of peak load and outage. These benefits encourage the deployment of industrial I/O modules in the existing systems.
- Emergence of fuzzy logic modules in programmable controllers is another key trend driving the growth of the industrial I/O modules market. Fuzzy logic modules help to bridge the gap between analog and discrete decision making functions of PLCs (programmable logic controllers). Thus, fuzzy logic modules are increasingly being adopted by end-users as a critical part of modern programmable controllers. Therefore, PLCs incorporated with fuzzy logic modules encourage the systems to acknowledge temperature readings within a specific range.
- Likewise, numerous controllers with fuzzy logic modules have independent interface ports enabling them to communicate with the procedure through the PLCs input/output ports. This is further expected to contribute to the development of the industrial I/O modules market throughout the forecast period.
- In addition, adoption of wireless I/O modules is expected to gain traction in the coming years and thus drive the growth of the industrial I/O modules market.
- However, fluctuation in prices of raw material used for making I/O modules is expected to hinder the adoption rate of industrial I/O modules. Raw material price volatility causes reluctance among companies to adopt I/O modules, thereby hindering the industrial I/O modules market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Industrial I/O Modules Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on product, the industrial I/O modules market can be segmented into PLC I/O (programmable logic controller I/O), DCS I/O (distributed control system I/O), and industrial PC I/O.
- PLC I/O segment accounted for major share of the market in 2018 and is expected to retain its leading position in the market over the forecast period. This is attributable to the rising standard of industrial production and increasing level of embedded processing and connectivity on I/O modules.
- Based on end-user, the industrial I/O modules market can be bifurcated into process industry and discrete industry.
Europe to Lead the Global Market for Industrial I/O Modules
- In terms of region, the global industrial I/O modules market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is likely to dominate the global industrial I/O modules market from 2019 to 2027, followed by North America and Asia Pacific.
- Europe accounted for major share of the market in 2018 and is likely to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period due to the presence of numerous automobile players including Renault, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Lotus, and Volkswagen.
- Additionally, the market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly in the near future. Growing adoption of industrial I/O modules across numerous industries such as heavy machinery, manufacturing, automotive, and oil and gas is one of the key factors driving the demand for industrial I/O modules, thereby encouraging the growth of the market in the coming years.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global industrial I/O modules market was moderately fragmented in 2018, with the presence of many established market players who occupy prominent market share. These vendors focus on advanced technologies to offer a wide product portfolio to meet the changing needs of end-users, creating a competitive environment in the industrial I/O modules market. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Emerson Electric Co.
- General Electric Company
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Siemens AG
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Industrial I/O Modules Market: Research Scope
Industrial I/O Modules Market, by Product
- Programmable Logic Controller I/O (PLC I/O)
- Distributed Control System I/O (DCS I/O)
- Industrial PC I/O
Industrial I/O Modules Market, by End-user
- Process Industry
- Discrete Industry
Global Industrial I/O Modules Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.