Industrial I/O Modules Market Introduction
- Industrial I/O modules are devices associated with field devices such as actuators, drives, and sensors with controllers, including distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and industrial PCs.
- The I/O modules are used to convert field signals into information and forward it to the controller.
Industrial I/O Modules Market Dynamics
- Rapidly growing developments in power grid projects across the world has prompted the growth of the industrial I/O modules market.
- Significant expansion of power grid projects is expected to encourage the adoption of industrial I/O modules in power generation, distribution, and transmission.
- Several benefits are associated with usage of smart grids. These include reduced number of transformer failures, and management of peak load and outage. These benefits encourage the deployment of industrial I/O modules in the existing systems.
- Emergence of fuzzy logic modules in programmable controllers is another key trend driving the growth of the industrial I/O modules market. Fuzzy logic modules help to bridge the gap between analog and discrete decision making functions of PLCs (programmable logic controllers). Thus, fuzzy logic modules are increasingly being adopted by end-users as a critical part of modern programmable controllers. Therefore, PLCs incorporated with fuzzy logic modules encourage the systems to acknowledge temperature readings within a specific range.
- Likewise, numerous controllers with fuzzy logic modules have independent interface ports enabling them to communicate with the procedure through the PLCs input/output ports. This is further expected to contribute to the development of the industrial I/O modules market throughout the forecast period.
- In addition, adoption of wireless I/O modules is expected to gain traction in the coming years and thus drive the growth of the industrial I/O modules market.
- However, fluctuation in prices of raw material used for making I/O modules is expected to hinder the adoption rate of industrial I/O modules. Raw material price volatility causes reluctance among companies to adopt I/O modules, thereby hindering the industrial I/O modules market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Industrial I/O Modules Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on product, the industrial I/O modules market can be segmented into PLC I/O (programmable logic controller I/O), DCS I/O (distributed control system I/O), and industrial PC I/O.
- PLC I/O segment accounted for major share of the market in 2018 and is expected to retain its leading position in the market over the forecast period. This is attributable to the rising standard of industrial production and increasing level of embedded processing and connectivity on I/O modules.
- Based on end-user, the industrial I/O modules market can be bifurcated into process industry and discrete industry.
Europe to Lead the Global Market for Industrial I/O Modules
- In terms of region, the global industrial I/O modules market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is likely to dominate the global industrial I/O modules market from 2019 to 2027, followed by North America and Asia Pacific.
- Europe accounted for major share of the market in 2018 and is likely to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period due to the presence of numerous automobile players including Renault, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Lotus, and Volkswagen.
- Additionally, the market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly in the near future. Growing adoption of industrial I/O modules across numerous industries such as heavy machinery, manufacturing, automotive, and oil and gas is one of the key factors driving the demand for industrial I/O modules, thereby encouraging the growth of the market in the coming years.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global industrial I/O modules market was moderately fragmented in 2018, with the presence of many established market players who occupy prominent market share. These vendors focus on advanced technologies to offer a wide product portfolio to meet the changing needs of end-users, creating a competitive environment in the industrial I/O modules market. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Emerson Electric Co.
- General Electric Company
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Siemens AG
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Industrial I/O Modules Market: Research Scope
Industrial I/O Modules Market, by Product
- Programmable Logic Controller I/O (PLC I/O)
- Distributed Control System I/O (DCS I/O)
- Industrial PC I/O
Industrial I/O Modules Market, by End-user
- Process Industry
- Discrete Industry
Global Industrial I/O Modules Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.